Officials negotiating with man reportedly holding people hostage at a Colleyville, Texas, synagogue

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

philip964
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Officials negotiating with man reportedly holding people hostage at a Colleyville, Texas, synagogue

Post by philip964 »

cirus
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Officials negotiating with man reportedly holding people hostage at a Colleyville, Texas, synagogue

Post by cirus »

Wow. What a surprise.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/11/doj-unv ... jan-6.html

New domestic terrorism unit caught off guard.

The Queen of Al Quaida was arrested with plans and details of planting dirty bombs in the US. She was well educated in the US.

“Inside an interview room at an Afghan police compound, authorities say, she grabbed the M-4 rifle of one of a U.S. Army officer and opened fire on members of the U.S. team assigned to interrogate her.”

philip964

Post by philip964 »

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by powerboatr »

great the folks were released and alive and great the the bad guy (muslim) is dead.

i have to ask why do muslims attack jewish people t in an attempt to free a muslim terrorist?

i know it sounds fascias, but most of us like or hold no harm toward jewish people,
but our leaders in government always default to the hate jewish people mantra despite it being contra to their remarks during campaign season
so why do muslims think that holding jewish peoples hostage is going to get them any special favors from a good portion of government officials

which brings to front, why does jewish community vote democrat?

crazy in my view
but very happy all made it out safe and sound

this craziness has to stop. we all know muslims by nature hate anything that does not believe in their prophet .
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 5

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

powerboatr wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:03 am great the folks were released and alive and great the the bad guy (muslim) is dead.

i have to ask why do muslims attack jewish people t in an attempt to free a muslim terrorist?

i know it sounds fascias, but most of us like or hold no harm toward jewish people,
but our leaders in government always default to the hate jewish people mantra despite it being contra to their remarks during campaign season
so why do muslims think that holding jewish peoples hostage is going to get them any special favors from a good portion of government officials

which brings to front, why does jewish community vote democrat?

crazy in my view
but very happy all made it out safe and sound

this craziness has to stop. we all know muslims by nature hate anything that does not believe in their prophet .
Hate for all non-Islamic faiths is the number one trademark of Islam. They deny it but everyone knows it is true. It is written into their laws to either convert or kill the infidel. The infidel is anyone whom is not Islamic. It is not politically correct to say the truth about the Islamic faith.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 1

Post by carlson1 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:32 am Hate for all non-Islamic faiths is the number one trademark of Islam. They deny it but everyone knows it is true. It is written into their laws to either convert or kill the infidel. The infidel is anyone whom is not Islamic. It is not politically correct to say the truth about the Islamic faith.
Correct 100%.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RoyGBiv »

powerboatr wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:03 am which brings to front, why does jewish community vote democrat?
Because we (I'm Jewish) think appeasement will help keep us safe. "Just give them what they want and they will leave us alone." We've learned nothing since Warsaw.

My mother refuses to talk politics with her best friend of 50 years.

I was sitting in the back of the car on the way to dinner when I first learned about these events last night. My first thought was that the stupidity of anyone thinking they were going to get someone released from prison this way is pretty epic. Second thought was that the hostages were in good hands, Colleyville PD are a good bunch.

I'm quoting this from another source, but have not been able to find the original post from Gelbman... I don't Meta
This is from a Facebook page of a Ex-congregant by the name of Itamar Gelbman

In the world of "you can't make this stuff up"... This is my old synagogue, I left due to a few issues, first, the Rabbi called Israel an apartheid state against Islam, and a second, he didn't allow his members (including myself) to be armed during services. Now he is held hostage by a Muslim man with a gun.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

srothstein
Posts in topic: 2

Post by srothstein »

RoyGBiv wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:05 am
powerboatr wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:03 am which brings to front, why does jewish community vote democrat?
Because we (I'm Jewish) think appeasement will help keep us safe. "Just give them what they want and they will leave us alone." We've learned nothing since Warsaw.
I think it is not appeasement, or not fully so. Many Jews started believing in the Democratic party during and following WW2. There was rampant discrimination in the US and many people who supported the Nazis. At the time, the Democrats promised to be more welcoming. They are the party that fought for civil rights in the 50s and 60s, which is very consistent with Jewish values and was supported by a large number of Jews. I think, and I am not as devout a student of Judaism as I should be, that much of the liberal philosophy is very close to some basic Jewish principles, especially in helping the poor. It is considered a Mitzvah (good deed) to help others less fortunate than you.

Of course, a large number of Jews also supported the Communist revolution in Russia in 1917.

I was perhaps more fortunate in that my parents were Republicans when I was a child. The earliest political campaign I remember was helping my parents put up posters for Goldwater when I was eight. But I was also raised to believe in the saying "Never Again" in ways that most modern Jews are not. I had people in my synagogue that were survivors of the concentration camps. I recently found out that my mothers cousin, who was one of my first employers, had been a teen when he was liberated from a camp (Auschwitz I think). The attitude of my upbringing was that I should not start fights but self-defense was always justified and right.
snipped portion
I'm quoting this from another source, but have not been able to find the original post from Gelbman... I don't Meta
This is from a Facebook page of a Ex-congregant by the name of Itamar Gelbman

In the world of "you can't make this stuff up"... This is my old synagogue, I left due to a few issues, first, the Rabbi called Israel an apartheid state against Islam, and a second, he didn't allow his members (including myself) to be armed during services. Now he is held hostage by a Muslim man with a gun.
I do use Facebook and looked it up. You have the quote correct from the posting there. There is a very interesting (to me) discussion in the comments where some people are questioning Mr. Gelbman's honesty and accuracy. Some are doubting that the rabbi posted anything about banning guns and others are asking for verification of his calling Israel and apartheid state. If you read this, you will see that Jews are much like any other group of people - divided on political issues and questioning when someone says something to contradict their preconceived notions.
Steve Rothstein

Paladin
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Paladin »

So glad to hear the hostages are safe. I'm close friends with a former congregant. He knows the hostages personally.

After this event it is my hope they will develop a proper security plan/training.

The suspected hostage-taker killed in a shooting after an hours long standoff at a Texas synagogue was British, U.K. authorities have confirmed to Newsweek.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

One of the synagogue's congregation who was watching the Facebook livestream as the situation unfolded, has told how the hostage-taker said he had flown 5,000 miles into the Dallas-Fort Worth airport.
London is around 5,000 miles from DFW.

Airfare and arranging weapons takes money and planning.

British-based International Terrorism makes me wonder if this was one more Operation Gladio-style event?
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Pretty dramatic video of the hostages escaping, apparently freeing themselves:

WATCH: Hostages Flee from Armed Gunman as Standoff Comes to an End

FBI quick to exaggerate their role and take credit:
Law enforcement officials said the FBI’s Hostage Rescue Team was used in the operation to free hostages from a Colleyville synagogue after an 11-hour standoff.
Officials said the FBI called its Hostage Rescue Ream from Quantico, Virginia, and about 60 to 70 people arrived from Washington, according to Matt DeSarno, the special agent in charge from Dallas.

“As Chief Miller said, the FBI hostage rescue team, I consider one of the crown jewels of our organization,” DeSarno said. “Their mission is to conduct deliberate hostage rescues when necessary. In this case, we had a necessity for that. And they were successful, I’m very proud of that.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 5

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Leftist Scum allow these animals to consume their country. Now our leftist scum are doing the same thing to America

Return to “The Crime Blotter”