Waco Patron steps in, shoots man who stabbed woman at Waco gas station

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
NotRPB
Posts in topic: 1

Waco Patron steps in, shoots man who stabbed woman at Waco gas station

Post by NotRPB »

The shooter is not being charged, as he stepped in when the man was stabbing the female victim, according to police. He is in good graces with law enforcement
https://www.kxxv.com/hometown/mclennan- ... piVl6hgQuI
Both the man (assailant) and woman were transported to the hospital... The woman was injured with multiple stab wounds, and the man who assaulted her had multiple gunshot wounds.

puma guy

Re: Waco Patron steps in, shoots man who stabbed woman at Waco gas station

Post by puma guy »

Both the man and woman were transported to the hospital
The Patron needs to practice triple tap!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

No video right? I can only imagine what the situation must have looked like.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

And this was a lawful permitted shooting regardless of time of day, because he was stopping a felony in progress?

jerry_r60

Post by jerry_r60 »

philip964 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:43 pm And this was a lawful permitted shooting regardless of time of day, because he was stopping a felony in progress?
I think 9.32 2 B covers it.

Sec. 9.32. DEADLY FORCE IN DEFENSE OF PERSON. (a) A person is justified in using deadly force against another:

(1) if the actor would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.31; and

(2) when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:

(A) to protect the actor against the other's use or attempted use of unlawful deadly force; or

(B) to prevent the other's imminent commission of aggravated kidnapping, murder, sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, robbery, or aggravated robbery.

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 4

Post by K.Mooneyham »

I find it incredibly sad that the merits of a legally-armed citizen stopping the stabbing of a woman must be debated. If the folks on this forum, who by dint of serious layman's interest in the subject still aren't 100% sure (compared to the average citizen) of the legality of intervening, then something is wrong with either the law, or those who are enforcing the law. Yep, no reason to intervene and stop a woman from being stabbed to death, more important to worry about whether the police and local prosecutor want to put YOU into jail for stopping the violent crime. And finally, no, I am NOT advocating getting in the middle of every little minor altercation or scuffle, and I do NOT think I have a "batman license". In fact, I'm one of the folks LEAST likely to get into the middle of something I don't know anything about...but a woman being stabbed to death, that's a different story, don'tcha think? When did Texas become NYC?

oohrah
Posts in topic: 2

Post by oohrah »

The woman has died of her wounds - reported yesterday in Waco Tribune-Herald.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

oohrah wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:51 am The woman has died of her wounds - reported yesterday in Waco Tribune-Herald.
Last line from the article:
The person who shot Bryant has cooperated with police and has not been charged.
They leave that hanging there at the end, as if to infer that maybe he should have been charged. News media disgusts me.

oohrah
Posts in topic: 2

Post by oohrah »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:45 pm
oohrah wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:51 am The woman has died of her wounds - reported yesterday in Waco Tribune-Herald.
They leave that hanging there at the end, as if to infer that maybe he should have been charged. News media disgusts me.
I respectfully disagree in this case - the facts were reported accurately. To speculate further on why he should or should not have been charged would be media bias IMHO.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

oohrah wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:02 pm
K.Mooneyham wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:45 pm
I respectfully disagree in this case - the facts were reported accurately. To speculate further on why he should or should not have been charged would be media bias IMHO.
It's not just what they said. It's where they put that statement, at the very end of the article.

KC5AV

Post by KC5AV »

I’ve seen plenty of articles ended that way. Reporter might not have been terribly creative.
NRA lifetime member

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

The mass news media has shown, again and again, that they are anti-2A, anti-self-defense biased. So I refuse to ever give them the benefit of the doubt. They EARNED my cynicism and mistrust.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

philip964 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:43 pm And this was a lawful permitted shooting regardless of time of day, because he was stopping a felony in progress?
TPC §9.33: Defense of a third person.

Chas.
§9.33 Defense of a Third Person wrote:DEFENSE OF THIRD PERSON. A person is justified in using force or deadly force against another to protect a third person if:

(1) under the circumstances as the actor reasonably believes them to be, the actor would be justified under Section 9.31 or 9.32 in using force or deadly force to protect himself against the unlawful force or unlawful deadly force he reasonably believes to be threatening the third person he seeks to protect; and

(2) the actor reasonably believes that his intervention is immediately necessary to protect the third person.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”