Uvalde School shooting

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

LTUME1978
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Uvalde School shooting

Post by LTUME1978 »

I took a Response to Active Shooter Class 5-6 years ago. I was expecting the class to be full of teachers but there was not a single teacher in the class. About 80% of the class was law enforcement (and a judge thrown in for good measure) with a hand full of us civilians. I asked about the class make up and was told that Law enforcement procedures pre Columbine were for LEO to wait for 3-4 officers to show up before going in to attack the shooter. Post Columbine, procedures were changed to stipulate that LEO were to go in when the first one shows up. Statics from shootings showed that for every minute that LEO is delayed from responding, 2-3 people (on average) die. My guess is the local LEO will be questioned hard for their lack of response as they should.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Paladin »

philip964 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:56 pm https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-school ... -classroom

Hard to imagine this much evil in someone.

Survivor tells that Shooter told classroom of kids “time to die”.
he was an absolute psychopath
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

philip964
Posts in topic: 52

Post by philip964 »

“Ms. Gomez described the scene as frantic. She said she saw a father tackled and thrown to the ground by police and a third pepper-sprayed. Once freed from her cuffs, Ms. Gomez made her distance from the crowd, jumped the school fence, and ran inside to grab her two children. She sprinted out of the school with them.”

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 1

Post by chasfm11 »

Watching Tucker Carlson and the clips that he is playing of the police spokesman regarding the timeline of the shooting. If just some of the proposed timeline is accurate, this incident was far worse the the Parkland delay in getting to the shooter. How is this possible after the lessons of Parkland and Columbine? The treatment of the parents is beyond appalling.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 51

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

philip964 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:15 pm “Ms. Gomez described the scene as frantic. She said she saw a father tackled and thrown to the ground by police and a third pepper-sprayed. Once freed from her cuffs, Ms. Gomez made her distance from the crowd, jumped the school fence, and ran inside to grab her two children. She sprinted out of the school with them.”
If the stories coming out right now have any truth to them at all, I am not going to be a happy Texan. It appears children were bleeding out inside as the police stood outside, safe and secure, for around an hour.

03Lightningrocks

chasfm11 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:25 pm Watching Tucker Carlson and the clips that he is playing of the police spokesman regarding the timeline of the shooting. If just some of the proposed timeline is accurate, this incident was far worse the the Parkland delay in getting to the shooter. How is this possible after the lessons of Parkland and Columbine? The treatment of the parents is beyond appalling.
I am watching Tucker and those video clips right now and am disgusted by what I am watching. It makes the coward in Florida look like a saint.

philip964
Posts in topic: 52

Post by philip964 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:28 pm
philip964 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:15 pm “Ms. Gomez described the scene as frantic. She said she saw a father tackled and thrown to the ground by police and a third pepper-sprayed. Once freed from her cuffs, Ms. Gomez made her distance from the crowd, jumped the school fence, and ran inside to grab her two children. She sprinted out of the school with them.”
If the stories coming out right now have any truth to them at all, I am not going to be a happy Texan. It appears children were bleeding out inside as the police stood outside, safe and secure, for around an hour.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -door.html

They are reporting that he was shooting outside the school for 12 minutes. Then entered the school unobstructed the poice arrived 4 minutes later he fired at them and they retreated.

Is Uvalde very big?. 16 minutes seems like a long time to respond.
Last edited by philip964 on Thu May 26, 2022 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

03Lightningrocks

philip964 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:32 pm

They are reporting that he was shooting outside the school for 12 minutes. Then entered the school unobstructed the poice arrived 4 minutes later he fired at them and they retreated.

This is beginning to look real ugly for the supposed good guys.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 6

Post by C-dub »

As if things weren't bad enough.
The husband of one of the slain Uvalde teachers died of a heart attack Thursday, two days after the school shooting that also killed another teacher and 19 children.

In a tweet, a family member confirmed that Joe Garcia, Irma Garcia’s husband of 24 years, “passed away due to grief.” They were high school sweethearts and parents to four children.
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2 ... -shooting/
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

TexasVet
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TexasVet »

I think a lot of people are assuming that he got the cash from this or that source, but overlooked the most obvious way he could have bought things for which he didn’t have cash. Credit card. With a not so high limit he could have bought all those guns, especially if he wasn’t planning on sticking around to pay for hem off.

The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:12 am
parabelum wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:38 am
Paladin wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:19 am This was a planned attack by at least one very sick individual: Uvalde Gunman Made Three Facebook Posts 30 Minutes Before Attack
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott says the Uvalde shooter made three facebook posts in the 30 minutes before yesterday's attack:

- "I'm going to shoot my grandmother."

- "I shot my grandmother."

- "I'm going to shoot an elementary school."
In cases like this, which appears to be financed with at least $5,000, I always wonder if someone put him up to it.
I noticed that one AR he used appears to be Daniel Defense DDM4 V11 by the online pics. It took me years to be able to afford to buy one myself, with a $2k sticker. I too am wondering how an 18 year old can afford that. Looking at what is in the media about him, it doesn’t appear that he was a rich kid.
This is pure speculation on my part, but I think we’re going to find out that he was able to afford at least one DDM4 V11 (maybe two) by one of three means:

1. Prostitution.
2. He stole it from his grandmother (or someone else).
3. He was financed by a 3rd party who was setting up a false flag op.

Nobody has stepped up to this point and said, "oh, he was our employee", so it seems highly unlikely to me that he earned the money by legitimate means. (Edited to add…I didn’t see Paladin's post above about the Wendy's job until after I posted.)

carlson1
Posts in topic: 14

Post by carlson1 »

C-dub wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:46 pm As if things weren't bad enough.
The husband of one of the slain Uvalde teachers died of a heart attack Thursday, two days after the school shooting that also killed another teacher and 19 children.

In a tweet, a family member confirmed that Joe Garcia, Irma Garcia’s husband of 24 years, “passed away due to grief.” They were high school sweethearts and parents to four children.
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2 ... -shooting/
Another heartbreak to this horrible situation. Not only is this man a victim and his wife, but their 4 children are victims. It always has a ripple affect.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

philip964 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:32 pm

Uvalde is quite small. Mapquest shows that the police station is 1.3 miles (est 3 min) from Robb Elementary School
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

parabelum
Posts in topic: 17

Post by parabelum »

This is a tough one for all, and sadly it proves why it is imperative for all able bodied, law abiding citizens to be well armed. The help will come, eventually, but you might be on your own for a bit.
Thank the Lord for the Border Patrol Officer who was able to kill this monster.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

TexasVet wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:59 pm I think a lot of people are assuming that he got the cash from this or that source, but overlooked the most obvious way he could have bought things for which he didn’t have cash. Credit card. With a not so high limit he could have bought all those guns, especially if he wasn’t planning on sticking around to pay for hem off.

The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:12 am
parabelum wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:38 am
Paladin wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:19 am This was a planned attack by at least one very sick individual: Uvalde Gunman Made Three Facebook Posts 30 Minutes Before Attack
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott says the Uvalde shooter made three facebook posts in the 30 minutes before yesterday's attack:

- "I'm going to shoot my grandmother."

- "I shot my grandmother."

- "I'm going to shoot an elementary school."
In cases like this, which appears to be financed with at least $5,000, I always wonder if someone put him up to it.
I noticed that one AR he used appears to be Daniel Defense DDM4 V11 by the online pics. It took me years to be able to afford to buy one myself, with a $2k sticker. I too am wondering how an 18 year old can afford that. Looking at what is in the media about him, it doesn’t appear that he was a rich kid.
This is pure speculation on my part, but I think we’re going to find out that he was able to afford at least one DDM4 V11 (maybe two) by one of three means:

1. Prostitution.
2. He stole it from his grandmother (or someone else).
3. He was financed by a 3rd party who was setting up a false flag op.

Nobody has stepped up to this point and said, "oh, he was our employee", so it seems highly unlikely to me that he earned the money by legitimate means. (Edited to add…I didn’t see Paladin's post above about the Wendy's job until after I posted.)
I would say he was also very sophisticated about what he purchased.

03Lightningrocks

parabelum wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:36 pm This is a tough one for all, and sadly it proves why it is imperative for all able bodied, law abiding citizens to be well armed. The help will come, eventually, but you might be on your own for a bit.
Thank the Lord for the Border Patrol Officer who was able to kill this monster.
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Return to “The Crime Blotter”