Uvalde School shooting

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

carlson1
Posts in topic: 14

Re: Uvalde School shooting

Post by carlson1 »

He could have resigned and had a “Honorable Discharge” (all though that would be a joke) from TCOLE. I think he wanted terminated so he could file a lawsuit.

philip964
Posts in topic: 52

Post by philip964 »

Any money he gets will go to paying the 27 billion to the class action lawsuit, but he may get money from them as he was most likely traumatized.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Paladin »

philip964 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:50 pm "Chief Arredondo will not participate in his own illegal and unconstitutional public lynching and respectfully requests the Board immediately reinstate him, with all backpay and benefits and close the complaint as unfounded," Arredondo's attorney, George Hyde, wrote in a 17-page letter that was sent out less than an hour before the meeting. 
:smilelol5: :smilelol5: :smilelol5:

"unfounded"???? Talk is cheap. Arredondo ignored his own written plan and ALL his training. It's like a airliner pilot running into a serious problem, freezing up, and having 20 passengers in his care die because of it. And that's the most generous way to look at it. The reality may be much worse. It could be Arredondo did everything in his power, including failing in his duty to insure the school doors were locked and standing down during the shooting to attack our rights and aid his buddy Beto in the ongoing election.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

philip964
Posts in topic: 52

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/nati ... d-teacher/

Wounded teacher waited an hour with her students before help finally arrived.

Chemist45
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Chemist45 »

Philip964 wrote
Wounded teacher waited an hour with her students before help finally arrived.
When seconds count the cops are minutes away.
Unless you are in Uvalde, in which case they are hours away.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

If anyone missed this:

Body-camera footage doesn’t jibe with Arredondo’s claims about Uvalde shooting response
Body-camera video shows Arredondo giving instructions to officers, including someone he was talking with on his cellphone.

It also shows him telling officers not to move in as he tried keys on the door of what appears to be classroom 109, near where the shooter was, according to body-cam recordings and a schematic of the building released by DPS in May.

Tell them to (expletive) wait,” Arredondo said. “No one comes in.”
Arredondo’s statement said “it is important to note that Chief Arredondo, along with several other officers in the hallway, were completely unaware of any occupants in the room with the shooter until entry was made, the shooter was engaged, and the officers stopped him.”
“Child called...and said he is in a room full of victims at this moment,” the dispatcher said.

Mendoza’s camera shows that officers spread the word at an entrance and in a section of hallway across from where Arredondo was.

About 12:19 p.m., Mendoza’s body camera caught the sound of three or four gunshots. At 12:21 p.m., a dispatcher tells officers about another 911 call from the classrooms where the shooter was.

“Be advised we do have a student on the line saying they just took three shots,” the dispatcher said.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

New Bodycam footage obtained from Uvalde school shooting
In the video, multiple gunshots can be heard inside the school.

"He's in the classroom," an officer can be heard saying. "We gotta get in there, he just keeps shooting."
This video indicates that the shooter shot the classroom windows out, and there were officers on the outside around the windows... who could have returned fire or distracted the shooter while a team rushed the door...but the officers stood down... as ordered.

We know Arredondo gave the stand down order, which went against his written plan, his training, and against all that is good and decent in the world.

The big question left is did someone put Arredondo up to this stand down? Was it his buddy Beto the fake Mexican doing it for political reasons? Did someone put the shooter up to the shooting?

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

ELB
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ELB »

They should implement a Guardian program now.
USAF 1982-2005

srothstein
Posts in topic: 16

Post by srothstein »

ELB wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:38 pm They should implement a Guardian program now.
If I were hired as the new chief, I would make consulting with the school safety center at Texas State University my first priority. But a Guardian and a school marshal program would be among my highest priorities. With the costs of training for either paid for by the ISD.

And in Uvalde, I would definitely recommend a written policy allowing parents and school volunteers who had an LTC to carry at the schools.
Steve Rothstein

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

srothstein wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:49 pm
ELB wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:38 pm They should implement a Guardian program now.
If I were hired as the new chief, I would make consulting with the school safety center at Texas State University my first priority. But a Guardian and a school marshal program would be among my highest priorities. With the costs of training for either paid for by the ISD.

And in Uvalde, I would definitely recommend a written policy allowing parents and school volunteers who had an LTC to carry at the schools.
I hope and pray that someday our school officials across the board will come to this logical conclusion. But I ain't holding my breath for it.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Chemist45

Post by Chemist45 »

John Banzhaf has a short list of simple things a school can do to make themselves a Harder Target.
From the article:
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... -shootings

The Banzhaf Security List:

Install classroom doors that can be locked from the inside.
Mark each room with an easy-to-find identification and make up-to-date floor plans easily available for first responders.
Provide all administrators and campus police officers with master keys.
Get police door-opening tools such as the Halligan carried by firefighters.
Install magnetic door-open sensors so administrators can see which doors are open or properly closed in schools.
Make it easy to text via cellphone in an emergency.
Distribute kits to help quickly stop the type of bleeding left by standard AR-15 rounds.
On school apps, make sure it’s easy to find ways to contact police and officials in an active shooting case.
Install one-way peepholes in office and other doors.
Make a limited availability of guns and post signs stating, “Warning, some professors are armed.”
Supply nonlethal weapons, such as bear spray or poles.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

I don't think a list about making schools safer would be complete without ending Operation Gladio. Specifically the modern day Gladio B.

tomneal
Posts in topic: 5

Post by tomneal »

https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2022/11/17/ ... es-n511930

Uvalde Police Chief Retires
Maybe to avoid being fired

Personal thoughts.
Every LEO that was on campus but didn't break in to the classroom and end the issue, should be fired.
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 51

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

tomneal wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:48 am https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2022/11/17/ ... es-n511930

Uvalde Police Chief Retires
Maybe to avoid being fired

Personal thoughts.
Every LEO that was on campus but didn't break in to the classroom and end the issue, should be fired.
:mad5 :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :mad5

Return to “The Crime Blotter”