Uvalde School shooting

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Paladin
Posts in topic: 75

Re: Uvalde School shooting

Post by Paladin »

This confirms a stand down. They had an open door and were ordered not to make an attempt to stop the murderer.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

Rafe
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Rafe »

Steve McCraw, DPS Director, weighs in during the hearing today in Austin. He pronounced the police response an "abject failure."

https://abc13.com/uvalde-hearings-mass- ... /11984334/
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Rafe wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:15 pm Steve McCraw, DPS Director, weighs in during the hearing today in Austin. He pronounced the police response an "abject failure."

https://abc13.com/uvalde-hearings-mass- ... /11984334/
During the testimony, McCraw said that law enforcement authorities had enough officers on the scene of the Uvalde school massacre to have stopped the gunman three minutes after he entered the building. He pronounced the police response an "abject failure."

Police officers with rifles instead stood and waited in a school hallway for nearly an hour while the gunman carried out the attack.
:banghead:

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Sounds like the door was already unlocked:
McCraw also said the classroom door could not be locked from the inside.

Rafe
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Rafe »

Paladin wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:39 pm
During the testimony, McCraw said that law enforcement authorities had enough officers on the scene of the Uvalde school massacre to have stopped the gunman three minutes after he entered the building. He pronounced the police response an "abject failure."

Police officers with rifles instead stood and waited in a school hallway for nearly an hour while the gunman carried out the attack.
:banghead:
The obvious solution then is to carve into the 2nd Amendment and add severe new restrictions on everything from age to purchase, style of rifle you can buy, and magazine capacities across all firearms. Go after law-abiding citizens and voters. Ignore multiple failures in school security and improper/unjustified failures in law enforcement response. Not to mention a 21st century American society that keeps producing more and more mentally unstable individuals and career criminals. Yep; makes sense to me. And I'll give you another :banghead:
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

bbhack
Posts in topic: 8

Post by bbhack »

https://gov.texas.gov/news/post/governo ... -community

Sounds like Abbott needs to send in someone to take over the town at all levels. I think that's possible with this declaration.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 51

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Ruark wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:29 pm It might also be a factor that Uvalde is a fairly small town way out in the middle of the West Texas wasteland, pop. about 16,000. It's a virtual certainty that the majority of those cops hadn't even drawn their weapons in years, even decades. Most of them probably spent more time at the local Dunkin' Donuts than they did at the range. My CHL instructor used to be an armorer for a big city police department, and he regularly saw LEO's guns that were so gunked up with non-use they wouldn't function. I seriously doubt that these guys had the psychological wherewithal to go storming into that building like Sgt. Fury and His Howling Commandos.
Very possibly true, but if I were standing there with a room full of children being shot and killed, I would charge into that room if all I had was a rock. My dying breath would be with my hands on that shooter. Those were kids! They were all cowards in my book. I don't care if the "man in charge" did say wait. There are times when being a man require one ignore the risks or consequences and ACT!

philip964
Posts in topic: 52

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/uvalde-school-sh ... 46603.html

A Uvalde police officer received a call from his teacher wife , she had been shot. He rushed to the school was stopped by other officers, was disarmed and was led away from the scene.

His wife later died.

I cannot imagine his pain and anger.

And we they say we are conspiracy nuts for believing that these are false flags, set up to take our guns.

What will we find out next, the school district loaned him the money to buy the guns as part of a drop out program.

This story gets worse day by day.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:54 pm
Ruark wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:29 pm It might also be a factor that Uvalde is a fairly small town way out in the middle of the West Texas wasteland, pop. about 16,000. It's a virtual certainty that the majority of those cops hadn't even drawn their weapons in years, even decades. Most of them probably spent more time at the local Dunkin' Donuts than they did at the range. My CHL instructor used to be an armorer for a big city police department, and he regularly saw LEO's guns that were so gunked up with non-use they wouldn't function. I seriously doubt that these guys had the psychological wherewithal to go storming into that building like Sgt. Fury and His Howling Commandos.
Very possibly true, but if I were standing there with a room full of children being shot and killed, I would charge into that room if all I had was a rock. My dying breath would be with my hands on that shooter. Those were kids! They were all cowards in my book. I don't care if the "man in charge" did say wait. There are times when being a man require one ignore the risks or consequences and ACT!
Uvalde is not far from Eagle Pass, which is a major entry point for smuggling drugs and illegals. I'm told by law enforcement in the valley that many Mexican cartel members live on this side of the border, and go to work in Mexico. There is lots going on and corruption isn't exactly unheard of.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

philip964 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:03 pm https://news.yahoo.com/uvalde-school-sh ... 46603.html

A Uvalde police officer received a call from his teacher wife , she had been shot. He rushed to the school was stopped by other officers, was disarmed and was led away from the scene.

His wife later died.

I cannot imagine his pain and anger.

And we they say we are conspiracy nuts for believing that these are false flags, set up to take our guns.

What will we find out next, the school district loaned him the money to buy the guns as part of a drop out program.

This story gets worse day by day.
My prayers for him and his family.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 51

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Paladin wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:45 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:54 pm
Uvalde is not far from Eagle Pass, which is a major entry point for smuggling drugs and illegals. I'm told by law enforcement in the valley that many Mexican cartel members live on this side of the border, and go to work in Mexico. There is lots going on and corruption isn't exactly unheard of.
The Mexican Cartel is nothing to play with. Those guys are known to not only kill you but everyone in your family. I can't imagine how or why they would be involved but it is not something that would surprise me. Like you said, the corruption involving them is real and once they own you, there is no getting out. Unless you are saying that maybe some of these cops had their jobs because the Cartel placed them in the job to help cover up drug importation. A cop like that is not dedicated to anyone. Just self preservation.

philip964
Posts in topic: 52

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/know-exactly-why ... 00479.html

Fort Worth Telegram tells exactly why those officers didn’t go in, the were chicken due to the extreme firepower of the weapon of war the murderer carried.

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 4

Post by crazy2medic »

When the first shot was fired, the Cops should have stormed the class room! This has been the de facto Doctrine since Columbine!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

philip964 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:56 am https://news.yahoo.com/know-exactly-why ... 00479.html

Fort Worth Telegram tells exactly why those officers didn’t go in, the were chicken due to the extreme firepower of the weapon of war the murderer carried.
LOL, tell that to the cop that was disarmed and detained trying to save his wife or the mom that went in unarmed to save her 2 kids.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”