TX: Dallas summer camp attacked by man with gun

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

TX: Dallas summer camp attacked by man with gun

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... olice-say/

Killed by good guys with a gun who did their job.

striker55
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TX: Dallas summer camp attacked by man with gun

Post by striker55 »

Nut bags everywhere. Glad the police got him!

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Hats off to the Duncanville PD!! :tiphat:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Whoever shot him was an excellent shot! :cheers2:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

In my mind this was either a case of suicide by cop, or the camp did an excellent job of securing the areas where the kids were. He fired shots before police arrived, but no one was hurt.
Charlie

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

TxRVer wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:21 am In my mind this was either a case of suicide by cop, or the camp did an excellent job of securing the areas where the kids were. He fired shots before police arrived, but no one was hurt.
I read the part about him getting off shots before police arrived also. They even mentioned he went into the gymnasium where kids were. I was wondering what he might be shooting at if none were hit.

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

The BG was 42 years old, from Dallas.

He allegedly yelled something like "Until I see who I came here to see, I'm going to keep shooting." So, maybe this was a domestic situation.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.insider.com/texas-summer-ca ... gun-2022-6

Convicted felon ( drunk driving killed passenger in crash)

Somehow got wife’s locked up gun.

Sounds like suicide by cop with need for publicity.

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

The guy was mentally ill, his whole family knew it. Why he was allowed to have access to a firearm is unforgivable. Sounds like an argument for some kind of red flag action.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

philip964 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:32 pm https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... olice-say/

Killed by good guys with a gun who did their job.
I love a happy birthday ending.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

oohrah wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:49 pm The guy was mentally ill, his whole family knew it. Why he was allowed to have access to a firearm is unforgivable. Sounds like an argument for some kind of red flag action.
The huge problem I have with red flag laws is the lack of due process. We cannot trust our government. They ALLWAYS abuse their authority!

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:18 am
oohrah wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:49 pm The guy was mentally ill, his whole family knew it. Why he was allowed to have access to a firearm is unforgivable. Sounds like an argument for some kind of red flag action.
The huge problem I have with red flag laws is the lack of due process. We cannot trust our government. They ALLWAYS abuse their authority!
:iagree:
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

oljames3 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:20 pm
and I agree too. But all of the shootings have involved someone who a lot of people knew was unhinged. We need a way to report these people with proper due process and keep them from getting guns. It only makes us gun supporters look bad and inflames the left.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

oohrah wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:36 pm
and I agree too. But all of the shootings have involved someone who a lot of people knew was unhinged. We need a way to report these people with proper due process and keep them from getting guns. It only makes us gun supporters look bad and inflames the left.
We don't need unconstitutional red flag laws. The states already have involuntary commitment laws. In Texas, it is §574.025 of the Health & Safety Code. The article at this link gives a brief explanation of involuntary the states commitment laws. These laws may not be perfect, but they already exist and can be used effectively. https://www.therecoveryvillage.com/ment ... ment-laws/
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

oljames3 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:48 pm
oohrah wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:36 pm
We don't need unconstitutional red flag laws. The states already have involuntary commitment laws. In Texas, it is §574.025 of the Health & Safety Code. The article at this link gives a brief explanation of involuntary the states commitment laws. These laws may not be perfect, but they already exist and can be used effectively. https://www.therecoveryvillage.com/ment ... ment-laws/
I've never heard of that law, thanks for the link. But I bet very few of the public know of it either. Why aren't gun supporters pushing for this law to be enforced and making the public aware. And making more noise about the prior information that could be available to LE. Instead we employ the some old tropes that only make us look bad. just my 2c
USMC, Retired

Return to “The Crime Blotter”