Mean streets of Dallas - Texas State Fair shooting

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 6

Mean streets of Dallas - Texas State Fair shooting

Post by philip964 »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... stody.html

One nurse murdered one wounded in 4th floor hospital labor and delivery area shooting. Shooter stopped by good guys with guns in a gun free zone. Shooter unfortunately just wounded.

I just don’t understand, America today.
Last edited by philip964 on Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Mean streets of Dallas

Post by Beiruty »

now 2 victims are confirmed dead.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

“Hernandez faces capital murder charges. At the time of the shooting he was on parole for aggravated robbery and was wearing an active ankle monitor, police said.”

Hey wasn’t it illegal for him to have a gun?

mayor
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mayor »

philip964 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:27 pm “Hernandez faces capital murder charges. At the time of the shooting he was on parole for aggravated robbery and was wearing an active ankle monitor, police said.”

:iagree: :lol:

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

philip964 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:27 pm “Hernandez faces capital murder charges. At the time of the shooting he was on parole for aggravated robbery and was wearing an active ankle monitor, police said.”

:iagree: :banghead:
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

philip964 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:42 pm https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... stody.html

One nurse murdered one wounded in 4th floor hospital labor and delivery area shooting. Shooter stopped by good guys with guns in a gun free zone. Shooter unfortunately just wounded.

I just don’t understand, America today.
This really points out the idiocy of "Gun Free Zones." I wonder if the good guys will face charges.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://nypost.com/2022/10/23/accused-d ... lds-birth/

Released from prison so he could go to hospital for his babies birth.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Oh and he has face and neck tattoos.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Paladin »

Forgive me for posting a CNN article: 2 employees were killed in a Dallas hospital shooting

But some of these quotes are priceless:
Hernandez is out on parole for aggravated robbery and had “an active ankle monitor,”
Dallas Police Chief Eddie Garcia said on Twitter he was “outraged along with our community, at the lack of accountability, and the travesty of the fact that under this broke system, we give violent criminals more chances, than our victims.”

“The pendulum has swung too far,” the chief added.
For those who don't know Methodist Dallas Medical Center is in Oak Cliff, and if you want to get shot or stabbed in DFW, Oak Cliff is the place to be. Hospital Administration knows that in the past shooters have followed their victims to the hospital in order to finish them off... but Hospital Administration's actions show they would rather see their employee's die than prosecute offenders or provide adequate security.

Like Uvalde, the lesson is you are on your own.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

Paladin wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:08 pm Forgive me for posting a CNN article: 2 employees were killed in a Dallas hospital shooting

Hernandez is out on parole for aggravated robbery and had “an active ankle monitor,”
The fact that he was wearing an ankle monitor is more irrelevant in this case than in most. He was on parole and told his PO where he would be and specifically got permission to go to that hospital. It seems that his "significant other" (That is the term used in the article I read) was giving birth that day to his child.

More important, since there is no word on what touched off the shooting yet, is the reported point that the two nurses shot were protecting a new born infant. While there is no doubt in my ind that the nurses were heroes, I am guessing that they died protecting the new born baby from its father.
Steve Rothstein

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

srothstein wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:12 am
Paladin wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:08 pm Forgive me for posting a CNN article: 2 employees were killed in a Dallas hospital shooting

The fact that he was wearing an ankle monitor is more irrelevant in this case than in most. He was on parole and told his PO where he would be and specifically got permission to go to that hospital. It seems that his "significant other" (That is the term used in the article I read) was giving birth that day to his child.

More important, since there is no word on what touched off the shooting yet, is the reported point that the two nurses shot were protecting a new born infant. While there is no doubt in my ind that the nurses were heroes, I am guessing that they died protecting the new born baby from its father.
Was he trying to harm the newly born, or was it an attempt of kidnapping?
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

On the local TV news this morning, they said he became angry while accusing the mother of cheating on him.
Charlie

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Beiruty wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:48 am
srothstein wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:12 am

Was he trying to harm the newly born, or was it an attempt of kidnapping?
My understanding was that it was an attempted kidnapping. The Nurses tried to stop it and got shot.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

ELB

Post by ELB »

This article has a lot more detail:
https://www.12newsnow.com/article/news/ ... e583668519

The murderer accused the girlfriend who gave birth of cheating on him and hit her in the head with a handgun, threatening to kill her and himself. That was my first thought upon reading this thread, that he thought the baby wasn’t his or at least believed it wasn’t his.

The article has this detail:
The warrant stated that the first victim entered the room and was fatally shot by Hernandez. According to the warrant, the second victim and a Methodist Hospital police officer were in the hallway and heard the gunshot.
The warrant stated that the second victim looked into the room and was also fatally shot by Hernandez. The officer then took cover and shot Hernandez in the right leg, according to the warrant.
Why was the second nurse the first one to respond to the shot, instead of the officer? At least the “why don’t you just shoot them in the leg crowd“ will be happy.

He had a previous robbery conviction in 2012, before the aggravated assault conviction in which he and another woman beat up a second woman while robbing her apartment,for which he got eight years 2015 (He was caught for the aggravated assault because he was driving under the influence in his victim’s vehicle although the cops didn’t know that at the time). He was released on parole last October, but he’s Been arrested at least twice since then (prior to this murder), once for parole violation and once for unspecified charges.
USAF 1982-2005

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

We need to build a lot more jails.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

ELB wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:59 am This article has a lot more detail:
https://www.12newsnow.com/article/news/ ... e583668519

The murderer accused the girlfriend who gave birth of cheating on him and hit her in the head with a handgun, threatening to kill her and himself. That was my first thought upon reading this thread, that he thought the baby wasn’t his or at least believed it wasn’t his.

The article has this detail:
The warrant stated that the first victim entered the room and was fatally shot by Hernandez. According to the warrant, the second victim and a Methodist Hospital police officer were in the hallway and heard the gunshot.
The warrant stated that the second victim looked into the room and was also fatally shot by Hernandez. The officer then took cover and shot Hernandez in the right leg, according to the warrant.
Why was the second nurse the first one to respond to the shot, instead of the officer? At least the “why don’t you just shoot them in the leg crowd“ will be happy.

He had a previous robbery conviction in 2012, before the aggravated assault conviction in which he and another woman beat up a second woman while robbing her apartment,for which he got eight years 2015 (He was caught for the aggravated assault because he was driving under the influence in his victim’s vehicle although the cops didn’t know that at the time). He was released on parole last October, but he’s Been arrested at least twice since then (prior to this murder), once for parole violation and once for unspecified charges.
This looks like the second high profile shooting Creuzot had responsibility for this year alone. The other one being the Dallas Love Field shooter

Return to “The Crime Blotter”