SHOOTING Allen Outlet Mall Multiple Victims

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 11

SHOOTING Allen Outlet Mall Multiple Victims

Post by carlson1 »

https://fox4kc.com/news/texas-mall-shoo ... orted/amp/
WFAA television reported that police on the scene said there were multiple victims, including children. The Collin County Sheriff said the shooter is also dead, WFAA reported.
It was confirmed a few minutes ago that there is NO second shooter being searched for. One shooter and he is dead. They have reported over and over that there are multiple victims.

People have been told that some of them will not be able to retrieve their vehicles for a day or maybe two.

Another evil act committed by an evil person that liberals can now stir the pot against the 2 Amendment.

Topic author
carlson1

Re: SHOOTING Allen Outlet Mall Multiple Victims

Post by carlson1 »

Chief of Police just held a briefing. An officer was at the mall on an unrelated call. He heard the shots engaged the shooter and killed him. At least 9 victims were transported to the hospitals. Kudos for the Police Officer who engaged the suspect.
:thumbs2:

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Flightmare »

I avoid malls for 2 reasons.

1) Usually over priced merchandise.
2) Many malls post signage prohibiting otherwise lawful carriers from defending themselves. Therefore, making it an inviting target for bad actors.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

philip964
Posts in topic: 13

Post by philip964 »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... tlets.html

Victims include a child.

Video shows man killing an entire family. Pulls up to mall gets out of car and starts shooting.

He had lots of guns and ammo including at least one AR

Hero cop got a head shot.

Will be dropped from news very quickly.

RIP poor family.
Last edited by philip964 on Sun May 07, 2023 2:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Flightmare wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 7:52 pm I avoid malls for 2 reasons.

1) Usually over priced merchandise.
2) Many malls post signage prohibiting otherwise lawful carriers from defending themselves. Therefore, making it an inviting target for bad actors.
:iagree:
I avoid crowds other than church. I buy everything online and have it delivered or unlock it up.

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/05/06/us/a ... index.html
Eight people were killed in a shooting at an outlet mall near Dallas, and seven victims are being treated at trauma facilities, officials said Saturday night. The gunman, who authorities believe was acting alone, is also dead.

Allen, Texas, Fire Chief Jonathan Boyd said that at least nine people were sent to hospitals. "Of those that we transported, two have since died. Three are in critical surgery, and four are stable," said Boyd.

A Dallas-area medical group says it was treating victims as young as 5 years old.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Paladin »

philip964 wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 8:02 pm Hero cop got a head shot.
:txflag:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

This is so sad.

Ron
NRA Member

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

This may get flagged by Twitter and taken down. It was posted by anti gun Hollywood exec. I have put the link so it does not automatically show.

Shooter gets out of car at mall and starts shooting. I have questions about the person filming this. Did they witness something just before? Why no no screams or yelling like they're surprised?

https://twitter.com/MikeSington/status/ ... 6280358914
Ron
NRA Member

AlaskanInTexas
Posts in topic: 1

Post by AlaskanInTexas »

rtschl wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:15 pm This may get flagged by Twitter and taken down. It was posted by anti gun Hollywood exec. I have put the link so it does not automatically show.

Shooter gets out of car at mall and starts shooting. I have questions about the person filming this. Did they witness something just before? Why no no screams or yelling like they're surprised?

https://twitter.com/MikeSington/status/ ... 6280358914
I think it was the rear view of a dash cam. Probably had no clue what was happening.

flowrie

Post by flowrie »

Yes, dash cam on the rear window. I have considered doing the same, have been hit from behind several times while stopped at traffic lights.
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Post by C-dub »

I’ve been to this “mall” a few times, but only to one store. That one store is not posted. Since it is an outdoor type mall there are several buildings and it is fairly spread out.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

barnett
Posts in topic: 1

Post by barnett »

Story on Zero Hedge says shooter was in his 30s, lived in N E Dallas with his parents, and investigators requested a translator.

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 7

Post by ScottDLS »

C-dub wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 6:10 am I’ve been to this “mall” a few times, but only to one store. That one store is not posted. Since it is an outdoor type mall there are several buildings and it is fairly spread out.
Yeah Lott is wrong, it's not a "gun free zone". It's virtually impossible to post an outdoor mall with all 3 signs necessary. And most Simon Indoor malls aren't even posted. I heard about the shooting yesterday on my way home from the range to among other things shoot my EDC. I live in the DFW area, so this just convinced me even more to carry everywhere not prohibited by 46.03. I care not a whit about "signs" and will carry anyway. Anyway I'm a VERP (prove I'm not to give me a $200 ticket).
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 16

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

C-dub wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 6:10 am I’ve been to this “mall” a few times, but only to one store. That one store is not posted. Since it is an outdoor type mall there are several buildings and it is fairly spread out.
I have been to several stores in that "mall" over the years. I don't recall ever seeing a sign posted at any of the stores. Like you said, it is an outdoor mall anyway, so carrying (especially concealed) is never an issue.The problem as I see it is that this guy hopped out and almost immediately started shooting. Even if I were standing right there and managed to get out my weapon and take him down, I doubt it would have saved everybody.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”