SHOOTING Allen Outlet Mall Multiple Victims

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

FastCarry
Posts in topic: 1

Re: SHOOTING Allen Outlet Mall Multiple Victims

Post by FastCarry »

MARCH: Massive Hemorrhage, Airway, Respiration, Circulation, Hypothermia Prevention.

If massive bleeding is present, its the #1 priority.

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Grayling813 »

Rafe wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:45 pm
Paladin wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:27 pm Generally you want to stop the bleeding first. People can die from spurting arterial bleeds quicker than not breathing. Opening the airway is a good thing and if they don't breath on their own CPR might help, but it wouldn't be my first step.
Yeah. Manual chest-compression CPR ain't exactly the first thing you'd go to if someone has a sucking chest wound. :shock: Or, "Officer, the victim was clearly bleeding out from a femoral artery wound so I immediately started CPR." :shock: :shock:

Please never let Steven Spainhouer be anywhere near me if I get shot... And Spainhouer has been constantly and incessantly tweeting and posting about it since it happened. In fact, he's changed his Twitter profile to quote a tweet he launched yesterday about the event. And he's giving interviews anywhere and everywhere. You read his spiel, and it sounds like he personally laid hands on and tried to save every single individual who had been shot or even just fell down and sprained an ankle.

Sounds very much to me like a smarmy small-time politician who is doing everything in his power to maximize his 15 minutes of fame on the back of a tragedy.
Wonder if Mr. Spainhouer has any training in trauma first aid or tactical combat casualty care?

Daddio-on-patio

Post by Daddio-on-patio »

Grayling813 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 3:27 pm
Rafe wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:45 pm
Paladin wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:27 pm Generally you want to stop the bleeding first. People can die from spurting arterial bleeds quicker than not breathing. Opening the airway is a good thing and if they don't breath on their own CPR might help, but it wouldn't be my first step.
Yeah. Manual chest-compression CPR ain't exactly the first thing you'd go to if someone has a sucking chest wound. :shock: Or, "Officer, the victim was clearly bleeding out from a femoral artery wound so I immediately started CPR." :shock: :shock:

Please never let Steven Spainhouer be anywhere near me if I get shot... And Spainhouer has been constantly and incessantly tweeting and posting about it since it happened. In fact, he's changed his Twitter profile to quote a tweet he launched yesterday about the event. And he's giving interviews anywhere and everywhere. You read his spiel, and it sounds like he personally laid hands on and tried to save every single individual who had been shot or even just fell down and sprained an ankle.

Sounds very much to me like a smarmy small-time politician who is doing everything in his power to maximize his 15 minutes of fame on the back of a tragedy.
Wonder if Mr. Spainhouer has any training in trauma first aid or tactical combat casualty care?
If someone presents with a sucking chest wound, this would necessitate they have spontaneous respirations, and thusly, a heart that is beating. Your lungs are filled with air by negative pressure as the chest wall expands. If there is a hole from the outside of the chest down to the level of the lung tissue, this allows for negative pressure “sucking” air into the thoracic cavity outside of the lungs.

And, knowing this fella, I assure you he has no emergency medical training and is what some would call a “foamer,” or wanna-be. I could go in but my morals tell me to stop.
Ephesians 6:12 NKJV

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

2farnorth wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 7:20 am I saw a report last night that he had been discharged from the Army because of mental problems. Why was he able to purchase firearms?
If he was given an administrative discharge for failure to adapt to military life, it would be classified as a mental problem but not one that would make him a prohibited person. That is a common discharge for trainees who cannot do what the military asks of them and the drill sergeants do not seem him changing to be successful.

I don't know if that is what happened, but I saw a report of it being an administrative discharge like that.
Steve Rothstein

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPBrown »

Grayling813 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 11:24 am Sure just coincidental that anti-2nd Amendment Democrat Steven Spainhouer was close by and rushed to the scene, so he can conduct many interviews spouting his views on firearms control .
https://www.facebook.com/CollinCountyTX ... painhouer/
Funny, I saw an interview with him at the scene and saw no blood whatsoever on him anywhere the camera pointed. In a past life long ago I was an EMT. You couldn't work on someone bleeding badly without getting some blood on yourself somewhere. Perhaps it was on his shoes from walking through it. :roll:
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Post by C-dub »

I'm just a Medical Technologist and there are far more qualified folks here to comment further or correct me, but AFAIK performing CPR on someone with a heartbeat is not good and only makes things worse.

I was also curious about the discharge and him getting employment and weapons training as a security guard. I see Steve seems to have cleared that up as best we know so far. I wonder if that security company will come under more scrutiny once they figure out who it which company it was.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 16

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

It is telling how quick the media quit covering this story. Maybe the shooters race created the wrong narrative?

philip964
Posts in topic: 13

Post by philip964 »

C-dub wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 2:41 pm I'm just a Medical Technologist and there are far more qualified folks here to comment further or correct me, but AFAIK performing CPR on someone with a heartbeat is not good and only makes things worse.
Somebody did CPR on someone with a heartbeat? Geez.

Please get some training!

And I haven’t even stayed at that hotel that makes you smart.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Post by C-dub »

philip964 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:16 pm
C-dub wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 2:41 pm I'm just a Medical Technologist and there are far more qualified folks here to comment further or correct me, but AFAIK performing CPR on someone with a heartbeat is not good and only makes things worse.
Somebody did CPR on someone with a heartbeat? Geez.

Please get some training!

And I haven’t even stayed at that hotel that makes you smart.
Maybe, I'm not sure. I thought someone said that local Democrat state rep said he rushed there to help and claimed to have done CPR on someone to try and save their life. I don't know if it was one of the survivors or one of the deceased. If they didn't have a heartbeat then CPR was appropriate, but what was he going to do about the holes that caused their death anyway? IDK
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 2:52 pm It is telling how quick the media quit covering this story. Maybe the shooters race created the wrong narrative?
:iagree: The white supremacist writings angle was good for a week of the news cycle - IF - the guy had not had a Hispanic sounding name. If it has been Joe O'Leary, we would be getting the full doze of coverage. That school shooting with the trans perp story died just as quickly in the media.

I will say this. Much of the population seems to act like sheep and go wherever they are lead without hesitation. But the media is even more compliant. There are no mavericks and when the decision is made that a story dies, it dies across the boar in the Mainstream news. - print, cable and broadcast. To be honest, that scares me more than the government. it means that a very small group is pulling the strings in information and the robotic media crowd wiggles all of its fingers and toes. Only the few Conservative outlet can keep a story alive.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

chasfm11 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 7:20 am it means that a very small group is pulling the strings in information and the robotic media crowd wiggles all of its fingers and toes. Only the few Conservative outlet can keep a story alive.
I've often said that the biggest threat to our country and freedom isn't the government, it's the media. The key is the massive flow of information we have now. In the past, something would happen and we'd read about it 2 weeks later in the Sunday paper and that would be the end of it.

Now, though, any idiot can just make a remark, and literally within minutes, a billion people are influenced by it. This is a very, very dangerous situation that really hasn't received much attention. Look at the cities that have burned because of false narratives (e.g. Michael Brown, Eric Garner, Treyvon Martin, Tamir Rice, George Floyd, et. al.) being spread by the media with the force of a nuclear explosion.

Perfect example: Colin Kaepernick (sp?) kneels during the national anthem at a football game. Whoopity-doo, big deal. But within a few DAYS, thousands of high school kids were kneeling during the national anthem at their Friday night football games. A week or two later, college and pro teams are kneeling all over the country. All from that single incident.

We've always held "freedom of speech" in the highest regard, and I was always disgusted by how some countries control or oppress what appears in their news media. But you know, I look at what's been happening here, and sometimes I wonder...................
-Ruark

Paladin
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Paladin »

Ruark wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 11:48 am
chasfm11 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 7:20 am it means that a very small group is pulling the strings in information and the robotic media crowd wiggles all of its fingers and toes. Only the few Conservative outlet can keep a story alive.
I've often said that the biggest threat to our country and freedom isn't the government, it's the media. The key is the massive flow of information we have now. In the past, something would happen and we'd read about it 2 weeks later in the Sunday paper and that would be the end of it.

Now, though, any idiot can just make a remark, and literally within minutes, a billion people are influenced by it. This is a very, very dangerous situation that really hasn't received much attention. Look at the cities that have burned because of false narratives (e.g. Michael Brown, Eric Garner, Treyvon Martin, Tamir Rice, George Floyd, et. al.) being spread by the media with the force of a nuclear explosion.

Perfect example: Colin Kaepernick (sp?) kneels during the national anthem at a football game. Whoopity-doo, big deal. But within a few DAYS, thousands of high school kids were kneeling during the national anthem at their Friday night football games. A week or two later, college and pro teams are kneeling all over the country. All from that single incident.

We've always held "freedom of speech" in the highest regard, and I was always disgusted by how some countries control or oppress what appears in their news media. But you know, I look at what's been happening here, and sometimes I wonder...................
The media is a major problem, but the same people who own our media also own Brandon and his government. That's why the media attacks Trump so incessantly. They have a dog in the fight and are playing for total control.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

03Lightningrocks

I am left curious about something I have read in this thread. Some have made mention of the property this mall is located on is posted. I have been going into this mall for many years. Not often. Maybe a couple times a year or so. I never noticed any signs telling me it is posted. Heck, traffic around that place is nuts and simply being concerned with not getting in a wreck zipping into that parking area is distracting enough to make reading any extra signs beyond yield or stop is darn near impossible. Where are these signs forbidding one have a firearm in their car or on them located in this very large and complicated parking area?

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Grayling813 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:57 am I am left curious about something I have read in this thread. Some have made mention of the property this mall is located on is posted. I have been going into this mall for many years. Not often. Maybe a couple times a year or so. I never noticed any signs telling me it is posted. Heck, traffic around that place is nuts and simply being concerned with not getting in a wreck zipping into that parking area is distracting enough to make reading any extra signs beyond yield or stop is darn near impossible. Where are these signs forbidding one have a firearm in their car or on them located in this very large and complicated parking area?
They have a "no weapons" policy listed on their website. No signage to make it legally binding.

03Lightningrocks

Grayling813 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 11:42 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:57 am I am left curious about something I have read in this thread. Some have made mention of the property this mall is located on is posted. I have been going into this mall for many years. Not often. Maybe a couple times a year or so. I never noticed any signs telling me it is posted. Heck, traffic around that place is nuts and simply being concerned with not getting in a wreck zipping into that parking area is distracting enough to make reading any extra signs beyond yield or stop is darn near impossible. Where are these signs forbidding one have a firearm in their car or on them located in this very large and complicated parking area?
They have a "no weapons" policy listed on their website. No signage to make it legally binding.
That explains it then. I knew I had never seen any signage at that mall. Then all the posts confirming it made me think I was just not seeing the sign.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”