FL: Stand your ground under attack as woman shoots another woman through a door she is banging on. Racial component.

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

FL: Stand your ground under attack as woman shoots another woman through a door she is banging on. Racial component.

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/nati ... t-of-kids/

2 1/2 year dispute between two women of different races over children playing outside culminates in one woman shooting and killing the other through the front door the woman was banging on.

Sounds like although the woman has claimed “stand your ground” she will be charged with murder.

I believe the dead woman was unarmed.

Jose_in_Dallas

Re: FL: Stand your ground under attack as woman shoots another woman through a door she is banging on. Racial component.

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

Man that lady is going to be roasted by both the media and the prosecutor. And deservedly so.

rtschl

Re: FL: Stand your ground under attack as woman shoots another woman through a door she is banging on. Racial component.

Post by rtschl »

Amy Swearer from Heritage Legal has a Twitter thread on this and argues stand your ground would not apply and surprised she hasn't been charged yet. You should be able to read all the posts on her thread even if you don't have a Twitter account.

Ron
NRA Member

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

She must have listened to Joe Biden's advice! Vice President Joe Biden told Field & Stream magazine in an interview published Monday, "if you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door."
A man a few days later did exactly that!

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/20 ... rough-door
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

rtschl wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:14 am Amy Swearer from Heritage Legal has a Twitter thread on this and argues stand your ground would not apply and surprised she hasn't been charged yet. You should be able to read all the posts on her thread even if you don't have a Twitter account.

My biggest problem with this issue is the effort to make it about race. I don't believe race had anything to do with it. I believe it was emotions getting out of control. The lady doing the shooting either got mad or scared, maybe both, about someone pounding on her door and she reacted in an emotionally imbalanced way. I am also wondering why she has not been arrested. I always thought shooting a person through a door was frowned upon. I also have always wondered about how the situation affects whether or not it would be considered a crime. If there are bad guys trying to kick down my door, do I have to wait for them to succeed in gaining access? A ticked off neighbor pounding on my door would not seem to allow me to shoot them through the door.

In any case, I still don't believe race had anything to do with it all. She would have shot a white woman in the same circumstances.

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

As of this afternoon, she has been arrested and charged. Fired through a locked solid core door at an unarmed person with a child. Unfortunately, whether race had anything at all to do with it is immaterial as that will be the narrative.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

Seems like maybe if you can't see the "threat" it isn't yet a "threat". But further spec'ing may return different results.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”