The need for common sense axe control laws

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 3

The need for common sense axe control laws

Post by philip964 »

Ax-wielding attacker goes on rampage in restaurants as patrons flee in panic

https://www.foxnews.com/world/ax-wieldi ... flee-panic

Attacked three separate restaurants with axe. Numerous horrific injuries.

OneGun
Posts in topic: 1

Re: The need for common sense axe control laws

Post by OneGun »

Control laws need includes bans on Assault Axes, High Capacity Axes, Military Axes, and Axes with Braces. Also, there need to be universal background checks for all axe purchases and fingerprinting, and all axes have to be registered. Finally, when ever an axes hits something, it has to microstamp its serial number into the object being axed.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Last month there was a tax free hurricane prepardness weekend. Home Depot had a list of the items that were tax free. It included Axes.

I realized my axes were pretty lame, all wood handled, not sharp etc. So I bought a really cool "assault weapon" axe. black, with carbon fiber handle, sculptured grip, super sharp.

It did look like it needed to be regulated.

If its close quarters, I'm ready.

I'll always remember the Last of the Mohicans axe fighting scenes.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

OneGun wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:56 pm Control laws need includes bans on Assault Axes, High Capacity Axes, Military Axes, and Axes with Braces. Also, there need to be universal background checks for all axe purchases and fingerprinting, and all axes have to be registered. Finally, when ever an axes hits something, it has to microstamp its serial number into the object being axed.
It must certainly include the Lizzie Borden model!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I'm gettin' me one of these before the Bureau of Axes Tobacco and Firearms outlaws them by administrative fiat: https://hardcorehammers.com/products/su ... 2109796639
Hardcore Survivalist Hatchet, 19oz head on 18″ American Hickory curved handle, includes custom made leather sheath.

This is it. This is the culmination of all we’ve learned about the craft of tool making. And we believe it’s the pinnacle of hatchet design. Made from top quality 4140 tool steel (AKA “Ordnance steel” because it’s commonly used for making breech and barrel parts for guns and cannons) for both toughness and edge retention, and ground to within a +/-.005″ tolerance, we designed the curved blade for both optimal cutting and splitting wood. We’ve also incorporated a nail/tent stake puller and the hammer end (of course) has our patented recessed striking face. At 19oz on an 18″ handle, it’s perfectly balanced for any job, whether it’s pounding nails, chopping and splitting firewood, or fending off the impending zombie apocalypse. ('Cause we all know its coming. And now it’s official Kansas preparedness policy. True story!) This premium hatchet cuts like a full size axe yet is small enough to fit in a backpack. It comes with a custom fit top grain leather sheath.

Made in the USA

Head Weight: 19 oz.
Head Dimensions: 3.5" blade, 5.5" length (start of blade to hammer end), 1.25" x 1.25" waffled hammer end
Handle Length: 18 in.
Total Weight: 40 oz.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:24 am I'm gettin' me one of these before the Bureau of Axes Tobacco and Firearms outlaws them by administrative fiat: https://hardcorehammers.com/products/su ... 2109796639
Hardcore Survivalist Hatchet, 19oz head on 18″ American Hickory curved handle, includes custom made leather sheath.

This is it. This is the culmination of all we’ve learned about the craft of tool making. And we believe it’s the pinnacle of hatchet design. Made from top quality 4140 tool steel (AKA “Ordnance steel” because it’s commonly used for making breech and barrel parts for guns and cannons) for both toughness and edge retention, and ground to within a +/-.005″ tolerance, we designed the curved blade for both optimal cutting and splitting wood. We’ve also incorporated a nail/tent stake puller and the hammer end (of course) has our patented recessed striking face. At 19oz on an 18″ handle, it’s perfectly balanced for any job, whether it’s pounding nails, chopping and splitting firewood, or fending off the impending zombie apocalypse. ('Cause we all know its coming. And now it’s official Kansas preparedness policy. True story!) This premium hatchet cuts like a full size axe yet is small enough to fit in a backpack. It comes with a custom fit top grain leather sheath.

Made in the USA

Head Dimensions: 3.5" blade, 5.5" length (start of blade to hammer end), 1.25" x 1.25" waffled hammer end
That appears to be just a chopping wood axe. The simple natural wood handle, grey metallic finish. It is not scary black with a carbon fiber handle. No extra barbs or military grip. The interchangeable hammer feature is troubling, as hammers make the FBI lethal weapon list every year.

I know hobbyists will point that it is not a fully automatic chain saw, which may or may not have been invented at the time the constitution was written.

It does allow for multiple cuts without resharpening, just like the assault weapon axe. However because of this and its lethality they may still place it on Nancy Pelosi’s banned list.

The Annoyed Man

philip964 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:39 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:24 am I'm gettin' me one of these before the Bureau of Axes Tobacco and Firearms outlaws them by administrative fiat: https://hardcorehammers.com/products/su ... 2109796639

Made in the USA

That appears to be just a chopping wood axe. The simple natural wood handle, grey metallic finish. It is not scary black with a carbon fiber handle. No extra barbs or military grip. The interchangeable hammer feature is troubling, as hammers make the FBI lethal weapon list every year.

I know hobbyists will point that it is not a fully automatic chain saw, which may or may not have been invented at the time the constitution was written.

It does allow for multiple cuts without resharpening, just like the assault weapon axe. However because of this and its lethality they may still place it on Nancy Pelosi’s banned list.
Yes, but it does have a nail-puller, just in case you need to torture a lib.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:43 pm
I will gladly drive the nails if you want to pull them out.

The Annoyed Man

Grayling813 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:02 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:43 pm
I will gladly drive the nails if you want to pull them out.
That’ll work too, but I was thinking of pulling fingernails… :mrgreen:

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “The Crime Blotter”