RIP Officer Jack Maguire, Woburn MA

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 1

RIP Officer Jack Maguire, Woburn MA

Post by ELB »

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/region ... _diamonds/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dominic Cinelli’s parole records show a checkered past: a rehabilitated junkie who started shooting heroin at 14, he was a career criminal who at one point was serving three concurrent life sentences for several armed robberies, armed assault with intent to commit murder, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, and unlawful possession of a firearm.

But an appeals court decision made him eligible for parole and he walked in February 2009...
Amazingly (unexpectedly!) he planned and executed a jewelry store robbery and killed a 34-year cop (Maguire) who was going to retire next October. The cop also killed Cinelli; small solace there. It would not surprise me if the cops find out he has done several other crimes without getting caught since he got out almost two years ago.

Ironically Cinelli is the son of a cop, and his brother wounded a police officer (30 years ago).

One of Cinelli's accomplices (the "lookout"), a 19 year old, is now facing first degree murder and armed robbery charges with no bail. The get-away driver, 51, is facing "accessory after the fact of murder" and a $1000 cash bail. From the story I cannot see the reason for the disparity of the charges and bail decisions.

What a rotten end to the year for the Maguire family.
USAF 1982-2005

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 1

Re: RIP Officer Jack Maguire, Woburn MA

Post by Excaliber »

ELB wrote:http://www.bostonherald.com/news/region ... _diamonds/
Dominic Cinelli’s parole records show a checkered past: a rehabilitated junkie who started shooting heroin at 14, he was a career criminal who at one point was serving three concurrent life sentences for several armed robberies, armed assault with intent to commit murder, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, and unlawful possession of a firearm.

But an appeals court decision made him eligible for parole and he walked in February 2009...
Amazingly (unexpectedly!) he planned and executed a jewelry store robbery and killed a 34-year cop (Maguire) who was going to retire next October. The cop also killed Cinelli; small solace there. It would not surprise me if the cops find out he has done several other crimes without getting caught since he got out almost two years ago.

Ironically Cinelli is the son of a cop, and his brother wounded a police officer (30 years ago).

One of Cinelli's accomplices (the "lookout"), a 19 year old, is now facing first degree murder and armed robbery charges with no bail. The get-away driver, 51, is facing "accessory after the fact of murder" and a $1000 cash bail. From the story I cannot see the reason for the disparity of the charges and bail decisions.

What a rotten end to the year for the Maguire family.
According to this article, the last time they let him out of prison on a one day pass he failed to return and shot a security guard during an armed robbery.

Merry Christmas from the MA parole board. Their actions in this case are beyond any attempt at justification.

I have a relative in MA who knows the family of the slain officer.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”