You just got to love England

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 7

You just got to love England

Post by philip964 »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... acist.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Police took no action because they did not want to appear racist. Story refers to the men as Asian. I guess Pakistan is in Asia.

The ultimate in PC, would prefer to do a bad job than arrest someone non-Anglo.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Re: You just got to love England

Post by C-dub »

59-year-old man who cannot be named for legal reasons
What kind of legal reasons could there possibly be for not naming him? Are they afraid they're going to offend his wife or children or employer?

This whole thing is disgusting!
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

WildBill
Posts in topic: 4

Post by WildBill »

philip964 wrote:Story refers to the men as Asian. I guess Pakistan is in Asia.
Although we Americans don't normally think of India or Pakistan as Asia, it is.

Pakistan, officially the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, is a sovereign country in South Asia.
NRA Endowment Member

Hoosier Daddy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

It's part of that big landmass and it's not Europe or Africa. Must be Asia. Process of elimination. No pun intended.
Indiana Lifetime Handgun License

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

C-dub wrote:
What kind of legal reasons could there possibly be for not naming him? Are they afraid they're going to offend his wife or children or employer?

Its beyond disgusting. Its a travesty of justice. And, there are quite a few folks in this nation who would LOVE to make us just like England in regards to things like political correctness. Remember, the worst thing in the world is being called a bad name... :banghead:

Oops, maybe I was just being dogmatic again...darn.

Daisy Cutter

Post by Daisy Cutter »

Goin' on right here in the good ol' USA.....

http://www.examiner.com/article/somali- ... -tennessee" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Daisy Cutter wrote:Goin' on right here in the good ol' USA.....

http://www.examiner.com/article/somali- ... -tennessee" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not exactly. The crime, yes, but not the police looking the other way for fear of being labelled racist.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

Political Correctness is nothing more than oppression.
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

C-dub wrote:

It may be surprising to many Americans that English subjects don't have the same rights as guaranteed by the US Constitution, including free speech. They were good teachers when it came to what our founding fathers put into our constitution.
NRA Endowment Member

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Jim Beaux wrote:Political Correctness is nothing more than oppression.
and supression of expression.
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 7

Post by philip964 »

https://people.com/royals/prince-willia ... ter-abbey/

Prince William booed in England, and you will never guess why.

Maybe they deserve the country they have.

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

philip964 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:21 pm https://people.com/royals/prince-willia ... ter-abbey/

Prince William booed in England, and you will never guess why.

Maybe they deserve the country they have.
Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament (CND) are a bunch of nutjobs. I remember them from my time stationed in England in the mid-90s. They were always trying to sneak onto airbases because they were convinced that every base had nukes, even bases that didn't have aircraft, or missiles. Like I said, a bunch of nutjobs.

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament (CND) are a bunch of nutjobs. I remember them from my time stationed in England in the mid-90s. They were always trying to sneak onto airbases because they were convinced that every base had nukes, even bases that didn't have aircraft, or missiles. Like I said, a bunch of nutjobs.
[/quote]

Interesting, my limited knowledge of U.S. Military bases I was under the understanding that certain areas of the base is strictly off limits to everyone but authorized personnel and if you entered those areas the guard detail could just shoot you, no warning and no questions asked!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Noggin

Post by Noggin »

WildBill wrote: Wed May 09, 2012 6:52 pm
philip964 wrote:Story refers to the men as Asian. I guess Pakistan is in Asia.
Although we Americans don't normally think of India or Pakistan as Asia, it is.

Pakistan, officially the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, is a sovereign country in South Asia.
It is perhaps worth mentioning that when people in the UK talk about "Asians" they mostly mean people from Pakistan, India or Bangladesh etc. Brits are not likely to refer to people from the Western Pacific Rim as "Asians" They will generally refer to them either "Oriental" or Chinese/Japanese even if they are actually from Korea or Viet Nam etc.

Even on official government forms when checking the box to indicate race, there will be box for "Asian" and another one for "Chinese". As a Brit it took me a while to adjust to the American idea of calling people from Japan and China "Asian"

I guess the reasons for this are fairly simple. Even 25 years ago there were many more Indians and Pakistanis in the UK (more than a million) than Chinese (most of those from Hong Kong) who numbered a few hundred thousand.
"I command ye therefore, upon the peril of your lives, to depart immediately out of this place." - Oliver Cromwell 1653 :smilelol5:

Return to “The Crime Blotter”