More armed and unarmed violence in gun free Chicago

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 97

Re: More armed and unarmed violence in gun free Chicago

Post by philip964 »

https://cwbchicago.com/2021/07/armed-me ... -side.html

Same group of armed men in same stolen car rob 14 people in less than an hour all over Chicago. Your I guess on the side walk, they drive up all jump out with guns drawn and rob you, get back in car, drive away, repeat.

Mass production assembly line robbery comes to Chicago.

Rafe
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Smollett Verdict - More armed and unarmed violence in gun free Chicago

Post by Rafe »

Smollett verdict: guilty on first 5 counts, not guilty on count 6. No real details yet; no cameras inside courtroom. But he was found guilty of staging a purported hate crime on himself.

https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/jussie-smollett-trial
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Paladin
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Paladin »

Rafe wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:22 pm Smollett verdict: guilty on first 5 counts, not guilty on count 6. No real details yet; no cameras inside courtroom. But he was found guilty of staging a purported hate crime on himself.

:thewave :thewave

Hate hoax's are so destructive they need to be severely punished. Putting an end to hate means ending these hoax's that have become rampant. Now maybe we can get rid of the guy who said bridges are racist.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 9

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Paladin wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:31 pm
Rafe wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:22 pm Smollett verdict: guilty on first 5 counts, not guilty on count 6. No real details yet; no cameras inside courtroom. But he was found guilty of staging a purported hate crime on himself.

:thewave :thewave

Hate hoax's are so destructive they need to be severely punished. Putting an end to hate means ending these hoax's that have become rampant. Now maybe we can get rid of the guy who said bridges are racist.
Referring to certain crimes as "hate crimes" is absolutely ridiculous! Aren't all violent crimes "hate crimes"? It takes a pretty hateful person to commit violence on another for no good reason. So if the person happens to be a "backpacker" or "person of color" (colored person?) it is somehow more hateful? It is simply stupidity at work. It is illegal to perpetuate violene on anyone. Why do certain groups get extra "hateful" protection? Our society is just a great big toilet with a flushing sound that most people are not hearing.

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 10

Post by chasfm11 »

The question is: will he really be punished? At least 3 years of prison would be punishment - community service is not. And I have no illusions that this will end the false racism hoaxes. i was nearby when Sharpton pulled the Tawana Brawley fiasco for which he has never paid any price. Until there is a pattern of punishment against such false claims, they will continue.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

03Lightningrocks

chasfm11 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:13 pm
The question is: will he really be punished? At least 3 years of prison would be punishment - community service is not. And I have no illusions that this will end the false racism hoaxes. i was nearby when Sharpton pulled the Tawana Brawley fiasco for which he has never paid any price. Until there is a pattern of punishment against such false claims, they will continue.
Heck! Sharpton still brings up Tawana Brawley to this day like it was some kind of legitimate case.

Rafe
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Rafe »

I'm hopeful on this one. There seem to be a lot of factors working against Smollett, and I'd be surprised if he gets off with a slap on the wrist...even in Chicago. One factor an interviewed defense attorney brought up was that this was a bit different than a simple innocent-or-guilty scenario. He said perhaps the defense's greatest mistake was letting Smollett take the stand. Since he is was accused of staging the incident, then if the verdict repudiated his statements--which it has--then he wasn't committing simple perjury under oath...it was a planned and premeditated action. In other words, there can be no presumption of remorse in hoping for leniency because the very nature of the continued sham and perjury precludes remorse. This was a despicable act done purely for self-aggrandizement. I would hope that narcissistic motive weighs into the penalty, as well.

BTW, count 6, the one that came back not guilty, was (near as I can understand it) the wearing of a hood or mask to conceal one's identity during the commission of aggravated assault. He claimed his "attackers" put a hood over his head, but the not-guilty makes perfect sense because Smollett wasn't trying to conceal his identity...he couldn't wait to announce the purported blow-by-blow to the world everywhere he could get air-time, including (like our buddy Alec Baldwin) a prime-time segment on ABC news.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

03Lightningrocks

Rafe wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:43 pm
I'm hopeful on this one. There seem to be a lot of factors working against Smollett, and I'd be surprised if he gets off with a slap on the wrist...even in Chicago. One factor an interviewed defense attorney brought up was that this was a bit different than a simple innocent-or-guilty scenario. He said perhaps the defense's greatest mistake was letting Smollett take the stand. Since he is was accused of staging the incident, then if the verdict repudiated his statements--which it has--then he wasn't committing simple perjury under oath...it was a planned and premeditated action. In other words, there can be no presumption of remorse in hoping for leniency because the very nature of the continued sham and perjury precludes remorse. This was a despicable act done purely for self-aggrandizement. I would hope that narcissistic motive weighs into the penalty, as well.

BTW, count 6, the one that came back not guilty, was (near as I can understand it) the wearing of a hood or mask to conceal one's identity during the commission of aggravated assault. He claimed his "attackers" put a hood over his head, but the not-guilty makes perfect sense because Smollett wasn't trying to conceal his identity...he couldn't wait to announce the purported blow-by-blow to the world everywhere he could get air-time, including (like our buddy Alec Baldwin) a prime-time segment on ABC news.
I am thinking his skin color, fame and political friendships are going to work heavily in his favor. If we are going to start a betting pool, I will take 30 days with probation for a couple years. He will likely get out after serving a weekend.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Flightmare »

Tomi Lahren wins the internet today

Attachments
263819881_620525672736179_5638747359984162235_n.jpg
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Black Lives Matter Stands By Convicted Hoaxer Jussie Smollett After Guilty Verdict
“So let’s be clear: we love everybody in our community — we can never believe police, especially the CPD over Jussie Smollett, a Black man who has been courageously present, visible, and vocal in the struggle for Black freedom,” BLM and BLM LA said in a statement to TMZ before the verdict.

After Smollett was found guilty, BLM L.A. leader Melina Abdullah told the outlet that the group’s stance has not changed — the Empire actor has their full support.
Apparently BLM FULLY approves of hate hoaxes.

Would it be reasonable to investigate the group as an accessory?
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

More accessories to the crime: Special Prosecutor Releases Full Report on Investigation of Soros-Backed Prosecutor in Jussie Smollett Case
The full report also provides further detail about Foxx’s false statements that Smollett had no prior criminal record — when, as the 12-page report said, “a prior misdemeanor conviction out of California from September 22, 2007 for DUI, driving without a license, and giving false information to the police, for which he was placed on 24 months of probation.” The full 60-page report adds that false statements about Smollett’s record were “particularly troubling” because his prior conviction “related, in part, to making a false statement to police,” and was therefore similar to the present case in Chicago.

The newly-released report also delves into the question of Foxx’s false statements to the public that the evidence was too weak to convict Smollett — after she had said the opposite just days before, confusing everyone and raising suspicions.

The full report does not explain why Foxx dropped charges against Smollett, even though it found that she lied about when she stopped talking to Smollett’s family and continued to receive updates about the case after she had recused herself from it.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.newsweek.com/cook-county-il ... 21-1665107

Cook County which includes Chicago saw an all time murder record of 1002 homicides in 2021. Chicago recorded a 25 year record.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/i ... e-history/

Illinois sees largest population decline in State history.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/c ... e/2845854/

50 shot 9 dead over Memorial Day weekend in Chicago.

How many police detectives does it take to keep up with all this new crime everyday?

Ban weekends!

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://northbrief.com/news/gunman-on-t ... n-chicago/

Five month old murdered in her car seat. Shot in the head. Youngest of the four murdered in Chicago this weekend.

RIP.

March 14, 2023

https://www.foxnews.com/media/brothers- ... r-activism

Jussie Smollett hoax attackers speak out.
Last edited by philip964 on Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”