ATF raid in Lewisville. Guns, ammo confiscated.

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Revet
Posts in topic: 1

ATF raid in Lewisville. Guns, ammo confiscated.

Post by Revet »

The BATF raided a Lewisville home on Tuesday, 8/7/2012. It was reported that they were acting on a sealed warrant. Guns and ammo were confiscated, but no arrests were mentioned.

The story was briefly reported on KDFW 4 in Dallas, then repeated later that day by the same channel. Since then, I have not seen anything about it except some perplexing additions to the story on this website:

http://lewisvilletexan.com/xoops/module ... oryid=2843" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Common sense is not common practice.
NRA Benefactor, TSRA life member.

PUCKER
Posts in topic: 4

Re: ATF raid in Lewisville. Guns, ammo confiscated.

Post by PUCKER »

Interesting...I know the class III company, have dealt with him, he lives down the street a few blocks, leaving the name out (out of respect), as it appears that it is just a coincidence regarding website hosting and such. He was straight-up when I dealt with him.

JeepGuy79
Posts in topic: 5

Post by JeepGuy79 »

Do they have a physical store? I tried to find them once and the address I had was a house in Grapevine?

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

JeepGuy79 wrote:Do they have a physical store? I tried to find them once and the address I had was a house in Grapevine?
Other than his house, not that I am aware of. I went over to his house to complete the transaction. It's a "gun guy's type of house!" You walk in and there's a belt-fed (1919 I think) on a tripod in the foyer...huge walk in room safe with more Thompsons than I've ever seen in one place, etc...I know that he used to exhibit at the local gun shows but I have not seen him as of late, other than every now and then at the post office.

JeepGuy79

Post by JeepGuy79 »

The thompson collection I have seen on the net. Those are not even for sale are they?

So why did they do a search on a Lewisville residence? I know lewisville is close to Grapevine but the search was in Lewisville, wasn't it? Their website was hosted from a server in that house I am guessing. Usually when ATF does a search like that on a SOT they are just concerned with NFA items. Odd to see them collect and inventory ammo.

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

JeepGuy79 wrote:The thompson collection I have seen on the net. Those are not even for sale are they?

So why did they do a search on a Lewisville residence? I know lewisville is close to Grapevine but the search was in Lewisville, wasn't it? Their website was hosted from a server in that house I am guessing. Usually when ATF does a search like that on a SOT they are just concerned with NFA items. Odd to see them collect and inventory ammo.
I'm not sure if they are for sale, but, like the saying goes, everything has a price! I don't have any knowledge of this ATF raid other than what we've read here and on the Lewisville news sight. Crazy stuff.

v-rog

Post by v-rog »

Quite interesting
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Remember 31 Connollystraße & Benghazi
Faith Under Fire ISBN# 9780307408815

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I saw the news report and was praying that it wasn't Sporting Arms. What are the charges anyway? The news report I saw said nothing about it, so I just naturally drew the conclusion that it was another of Eric Holder's jack-booted tactics.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

JeepGuy79

Post by JeepGuy79 »

Since it is covered by the news and going to come out if any charges are filed anyway is it ok to say who the FFL is so that no one thinks it is another dealer?

AEA
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AEA »

"Would you like to know more"? YES! "rlol"

***from Starship Troopers Movies*** :smilelol5: ;-)
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I saw the news report and was praying that it wasn't Sporting Arms. What are the charges anyway? The news report I saw said nothing about it, so I just naturally drew the conclusion that it was another of Eric Holder's jack-booted tactics.
Where there are no crimes the Feds will create one if it suits their needs. Interestingly it said no one was arrested :headscratch , only confiscation of weapons and ammo.

"ATF Special Agent Tom Crowley said that no arrests had been made at this point, and that we would learn more when the search warrant was unsealed by the court - possibly in the next day or so."

sorta like "We have to pass the bill before we know what's in it."

Or maybe we have to see what we find so we can fill it out after we unseal it.
Last edited by puma guy on Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

puma guy wrote: only confiscation of weapons and ammo.
Needed to beef up the local armory?
Psalm 91:2

JeepGuy79

Post by JeepGuy79 »

So anyhow it is western firearms in grapevine. It is bound to be released in the media soon anyway especially if something was there

DocV

Post by DocV »

JeepGuy79 wrote:Since it is covered by the news and going to come out if any charges are filed anyway is it ok to say who the FFL is so that no one thinks it is another dealer?
The article is so thinly veiled :nono: it only takes a few seconds to figure out identities. :banghead:

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 2

Post by sjfcontrol »

What's a "sealed federal search warrant"? What's the point of sealing it, which I presume means nobody can know what's in it.
Is that so you can change it later to match whatever you find in the search? :headscratch
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Return to “The Crime Blotter”