Mass Shooting in Connecticut-THREAD NAME CHANGE

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

EL29jm
Posts in topic: 1

Re: One child reportedly dead after gunman opened fire

Post by EL29jm »

From listening to current reports the weapons used were a; Glock, Sig Sauer and a Bushmaster.
Will expect much more focus on teh Bushmaster once the media figures out what it looks like.
(Grid - EL29jl - moved) NRA Lifetime member

Chris
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Chris »

Crazy is crazy. A bomb would have done just as bad, but you can't outlaw simple chemicals. Its sad that he was such a coward to shoot unarmed people, much less those kids.

Obama's speech a little bit ago just made his position quite clear. Stock up fellas.

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 14

Post by RPB »

EL29jm wrote:From listening to current reports the weapons used were a; Glock, Sig Sauer and a Bushmaster.
Will expect much more focus on teh Bushmaster once the media figures out what it looks like.
was 20-year old Adam (the shooter) old enough to legally have THE GLOCK?

They need more laws, wait, I think they had one ... never mind ...
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Keith B
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Keith B »

RPB wrote:
EL29jm wrote:From listening to current reports the weapons used were a; Glock, Sig Sauer and a Bushmaster.

Only have to be 21 to buy, any age can possess in some states.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Carry-a-Kimber

Post by Carry-a-Kimber »

RPB wrote:

Yes, just not old enough to buy one from an FFL.

JALLEN
Posts in topic: 8

Post by JALLEN »

Carry-a-Kimber wrote:
RPB wrote:

Yes, just not old enough to buy one from an FFL.
Now reports are that the shooter was 24, the son of one of the victims, both parents killed.

These are news reports and may not be true.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

Salty1

Post by Salty1 »

my heart is broken over this, prayers go out to all friends and familys. enough said................
Salty1

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

The vultures in the news media would have a completely different tone if the killer had used a bomb...the whole thing makes me sick and angry.

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 5

Post by powerboatr »

TexasGal wrote:I just watched Obama's speech. He listed other mass shootings and said we must do something to change this regardless of the politics. He reached up to his eye several times to wipe away a tear. The thing I noticed was his eyes were not red. His voice was steady. His facial muscles were not twitching in an effort not to cry. The "tears" were not left to run far enough to be visible on camera. I compared that to the speech I saw him give his team after his re-election. The tears were running, and he struggled to manage his composure. He voice broke and he had to pause. I am saddened to realize he was more visibly moved when he thanked his re-election team than he was to discuss the deaths of so many children. Oh yeah, he will be using this to every possible advantage not to make schools more secure, but to disarm the law abiding. He well knows criminals and the psychotic will not care about any new laws.

very re-assuring I was not the only one that picked up his non facial ticks...
imo he over did the touching of the eyes.
he will not let a horrible event go un-used.
fox had mentioned the firearms were the shooters fathers.
accuracy is getting blurred as the day goes on

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2012 ... ad-of-them" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
watch the video with no sound. his lack of true emotions are very pronounced

the governor was however fighting back a few squirters
Last edited by powerboatr on Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

CoffeeNut
Posts in topic: 3

Post by CoffeeNut »

They are already passing around a picture of a completely kitted out AR-15 and calling it the "shooters" weapon even though LE hasn't released a picture. I also highly doubt he was wearing a real "bulletproof vest".
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

TexasGal
Posts in topic: 19

Post by TexasGal »

They are reporting 18 children dead at the scene and then three more were rushed to the hospital where two have now passed away. That brings the toll to 20 children and 6 adults. Horrible! How many of the crazy and the evil in our nation are now watching the news and thinking they want to make an even bigger shockwave to get even with the world or to be immortal in the record books? Making guns illegal to own will not stop such people. It will only be another choice of method. Perhaps the conversation should be aimed more at addressing the huge lack of adequate mental health treatment.
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

CoffeeNut

Post by CoffeeNut »

TexasGal wrote:They are reporting 18 children dead at the scene and then three more were rushed to the hospital where two have now passed away. That brings the toll to 20 children and 6 adults. Horrible! How many of the crazy and the evil in our nation are now watching the news and thinking they want to make an even bigger shockwave to get even with the world or to be immortal in the record books? Making guns illegal to own will not stop such people. It will only be another choice of method. Perhaps the conversation should be aimed more at addressing the huge lack of adequate mental health treatment.
:iagree: The stereotype around mental health needs to change. We can no longer mock those who seek mental health as "crazy" rather we must treat them as people who simply need help and we must make that help widely available. We also need to get the media to stop making these clowns famous by posting their pictures, names and interviewing their family for weeks. They know they're committing suicide and they know that they will get all of the attention that mommy didn't give them once they commit their horrendous act.
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

Frankie

Post by Frankie »

If the maniac had use Molotov cocktails to burn the victims to death, would the media be pushing a anit gas agenda? They need to stop focusing on the how and report on the “facts” of why. The speculations and over dramatic statements being spewed out are only furthering the emotion damages the nation is feeling. I am almost as discussed by the media as I am of the perpetrator of this horrible act.

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

CoffeeNut wrote:
TexasGal wrote:They are reporting 18 children dead at the scene and then three more were rushed to the hospital where two have now passed away. That brings the toll to 20 children and 6 adults. Horrible! How many of the crazy and the evil in our nation are now watching the news and thinking they want to make an even bigger shockwave to get even with the world or to be immortal in the record books? Making guns illegal to own will not stop such people. It will only be another choice of method. Perhaps the conversation should be aimed more at addressing the huge lack of adequate mental health treatment.
:iagree: The stereotype around mental health needs to change. We can no longer mock those who seek mental health as "crazy" rather we must treat them as people who simply need help and we must make that help widely available. We also need to get the media to stop making these clowns famous by posting their pictures, names and interviewing their family for weeks. They know they're committing suicide and they know that they will get all of the attention that mommy didn't give them once they commit their horrendous act.
BINGO! I think that this is most certainly a large portion of what is wrong...they want their 15 minutes of fame, and they will do whatever it takes, no matter how vile, to get it.

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 14

Post by RPB »

Ryan is 24, he's on Twitter tweeting,,,

Adam the 20-year-old younger brother is deceased at the school after shooting ...

Adam had OCD and Asperger syndrome; 20 years old, and I assume couldn't buy a pistol legally so ... more laws?
http://www.aspergers.com/aspcomor.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TV News man may be about to interview 24-yr-old Ryan (who they first said did it)

(Edit - Statement was Ryan may be about to be *questioned* so ... probably by LEOs ... not reporters)
Last edited by RPB on Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Return to “The Crime Blotter”