Mass Shooting in Connecticut-THREAD NAME CHANGE

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 14

Re: One child reportedly dead after gunman opened fire

Post by RPB »

some station reporting a mother dead at her home ... not sure if it's the shooter's mother or the mother of the shooter's child
============================

ok his mother, shooter's mother, a teacher at that school .. is deceased
Last edited by RPB on Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

CC Italian
Posts in topic: 3

Post by CC Italian »

So sad! Elementary schools almost never have LEO around so it probably took 3-6 minutes for an officer to even arrive on scene. Officers respond to these calls. We don't need responses we need defense in place at all times. Either the schools have to put a LEO in every school or people (employees) need to be allowed to carry. OR BOTH!

Kythas
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Kythas »

Apparently, there's a dead woman at the shooter's home.

Also, it's being reported that the shooter was the son of the kindergarten class teacher. Apparently, most of the dead children were in that class.
“I’m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let’s start with typewriters.” - Frank Lloyd Wright

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms" - Aristotle

cubbyjg
Posts in topic: 1

Post by cubbyjg »

This is so sad. My prayers go out for those innocent children and adults.
Hook'em Horns!
Class of 2007

“I am actually for gun control. Use both hands." - Gov. Rick Perry

XDSConcealer

Post by XDSConcealer »

The Smoking Gun has posted a picture of the shooter:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/rya ... ter-678451" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is a special place where this sick individual is going to burn. Senseless tragedy. Thoughts and prayers with the families of the victims.
8/13 - Mailed Packet
9/4 - DPS Received Packet, BG under Review
9/20-9/22 - Manufacturing Pending, Manufacturing, Mailed
9/29 - Plastic in hand

CC Italian

Post by CC Italian »

Teachers should be allowed to take up a defensive position while officers locate and stop the threat. Is that to much to ask? When will people realize that even if you get rid of handguns and semi auto rifles that these nut bags will just show up with a pump shot gun, single shot rifle etc. They will just show up with more loaded guns! If you take away all guns (not possible) they will show up with other weapons. We need a defense not a response!

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

Fox is reporting the shooter's father was found dead in NJ.

This is becoming quite strange...
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

XDSConcealer wrote:The Smoking Gun has posted a picture of the shooter:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/rya ... ter-678451" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is a special place where this sick individual is going to burn. Senseless tragedy. Thoughts and prayers with the families of the victims.
This is the wrong guy. He's on twitter, still alive, and posting that it's not him.
https://twitter.com/i/#!/search/ryan+la ... m%2Fblyram" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kythas
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Kythas »

CC Italian wrote:Teachers should be allowed to take up a defensive position while officers locate and stop the threat. Is that to much to ask? When will people realize that even if you get rid of handguns and semi auto rifles that these nut bags will just show up with a pump shot gun, single shot rifle etc. They will just show up with more loaded guns! If you take away all guns (not possible) they will show up with other weapons. We need a defense not a response!
Agreed. They could show up with a slingshot, or a chainsaw, or a large, pointed stick. The tool they use to commit these crimes isn't what's important and isn't what people should focus on.
“I’m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let’s start with typewriters.” - Frank Lloyd Wright

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms" - Aristotle

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 5

Post by powerboatr »

Fox
reported the dead shooter was recently released from a mental place of treatment
barry will tell us all the truth at 315 ct

dad dead in hoboken, no word on whose firearms the shooter had? did he steal dead dads or ???
mom dead either at her home in ct or at school, they seem to be confused on the where abouts of her

simply tragic
why to murder small children,

prayers to these families and children

the child they just had on fox was very detailed on how the teachers had them get in closets and wait for the police to get them out safely
good job on these teachers and children
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

sjfcontrol wrote:Fox is reporting the shooter's father was found dead in NJ.

This is becoming quite strange...
Reports: Alleged shooter's brother now found dead.

yep, real strange
A brother of Ryan Lanza was found dead in a residential location searched in Hoboken, New Jersey, a senior law enforcement official said.
perpetrator
person perpetrator lived with
his mom the teacher
her class
now brother and dad?
I'm no lawyer

TexasGal
Posts in topic: 19

Post by TexasGal »

I just watched Obama's speech. He listed other mass shootings and said we must do something to change this regardless of the politics. He reached up to his eye several times to wipe away a tear. The thing I noticed was his eyes were not red. His voice was steady. His facial muscles were not twitching in an effort not to cry. The "tears" were not left to run far enough to be visible on camera. I compared that to the speech I saw him give his team after his re-election. The tears were running, and he struggled to manage his composure. He voice broke and he had to pause. I am saddened to realize he was more visibly moved when he thanked his re-election team than he was to discuss the deaths of so many children. Oh yeah, he will be using this to every possible advantage not to make schools more secure, but to disarm the law abiding. He well knows criminals and the psychotic will not care about any new laws.
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

knotquiteawake

Post by knotquiteawake »

TexasGal wrote:I I compared that to the speech I saw him give his team after his re-election. The tears were running, and he struggled to manage his composure. He voice broke and he had to pause. I am saddened to realize he was more visibly moved when he thanked his re-election team than he was to discuss the deaths of so many children.
I knew something was bugging me about this speech. I couldn't tell if he was struggling to read his speech notes or to keep it together when he was looking down. The tear wipe seemed odd. Maybe it was legit and we're reading this wrong but there does seem to be a big difference between those two speeches.

TexasGal
Posts in topic: 19

Post by TexasGal »

ABC news just went though a long litany of the millions of guns owned in America, the record number of background checks since Obama took office, and the "difficulty of having the right to own guns as opposed to protecting our children". What? Under that logic, we need to get that armed LEO out of the local school. Obviously, merely possessing a gun even if you passed a federal background check means you are going to use it to murder children. What about the single mom who shoots a man who breaks into her home where her children are?
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Newman says today it was a Glock and a .223 shell casing

(that's what caused some of those others too)

ban .223 and Glock

yeah, that'll fix it

those .223 thingymajiggers like in the theater
difficulty of having the right to own guns as opposed to protecting our children".
The way THEY think is the problem ... as opposed to

:banghead:
I'm no lawyer

Return to “The Crime Blotter”