Vacationing in gun free Mexico

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 45

Vacationing in gun free Mexico

Post by philip964 »

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/43159 ... panish.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Police were called five hours after their ordeal began. Women were tied up with their own bikinis. Sunny and safe gun free Acapulco.

Dave2
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Vacationing in gun free Mexico

Post by Dave2 »

Thanks, I need to pass this on to a few people I know.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Also good to stay away from Puerto Vallarta...or any place in Mexico. It's ashame because I would love to go see Chichen Itza.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Redneck_Buddha wrote:Also good to stay away from Puerto Vallarta...or any place in Mexico. It's ashame because I would love to go see Chichen Itza.
Mexico used to be a fun place to visit. Now it is nothing but a hotbed of dangerous activity. The crime squaller at the border has spread south and is rapidly engulfing any and all areas, including those tourist areas that used to be fairly safe.

On a off-topic note, seeing you write Chichen Itza reminded me of when I tried to send a text message with that in it and what ended up sent after auto-correct said 'Make sure to go and visit Chicken Pizza'. :lol:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Redneck_Buddha wrote:Also good to stay away from Puerto Vallarta...or any place in Mexico. It's ashame because I would love to go see Chichen Itza.
My daughter and son-in-law were there just before Christmas with two other couples and we were constantly worried all the time they were gone. Her husband booked it and I warned him Mexico is not a good place to vacation thes days. I am sending this to them.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

knotquiteawake

Post by knotquiteawake »

My wife keeps wanting to vacation in Mexico... No matter how many of these stories she still insists that we should take a vacation there. She is nostalgic for a 6 month internship she did there in college. Things have changed since then though, she doesn't get that.

fickman

Post by fickman »

The Cabo San Lucas vacationers I know still rabidly defend it. . . saying it's so out of the way that the cartels have strategic interest in it.

I know some others who insist on going to Cozumel and Cancun.

Acapulco definitely has the most concerning recent past of the major tourist destinations. I believe the Cabo folks are probably winning the argument for safest tourist destination in Mexico, but I'm still not making any plans to visit.
Native Texian

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Keith B wrote:
Mexico used to be a fun place to visit. Now it is nothing but a hotbed of dangerous activity. The crime squaller at the border has spread south and is rapidly engulfing any and all areas, including those tourist areas that used to be fairly safe.

On a off-topic note, seeing you write Chichen Itza reminded me of when I tried to send a text message with that in it and what ended up sent after auto-correct said 'Make sure to go and visit Chicken Pizza'. :lol:
"rlol"

Don't you love auto-correct?

johncanfield

Post by johncanfield »

We've been to Chichen Itza a few years ago before all of the drug violence got so out of control. We're quite well traveled and I thought it was an okay place to visit but meh, wouldn't want to go back even if it was perfectly safe.

Wife and I call Chichen Itza Chicken Itchin.
LC9s, M&P 22, 9c, Sig P238-P239-P226-P365XL, 1911 clone

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

I don't go anymore. We used to do surfing trips down baja...ahh good times. Now days you get robbed or worse. Sad

i8godzilla

Post by i8godzilla »

fickman wrote:The Cabo San Lucas vacationers I know still rabidly defend it. . . saying it's so out of the way that the cartels have strategic interest in it.

I know some others who insist on going to Cozumel and Cancun.

Acapulco definitely has the most concerning recent past of the major tourist destinations. I believe the Cabo folks are probably winning the argument for safest tourist destination in Mexico, but I'm still not making any plans to visit.
Our favorite place was Cuernavaca. They billed themselves as the Land of Eternal Spring. The people were friendly and it was relatively safe. Great accommodations and some of the best restaurants we have ever visited. We usually stayed in a resort that the main building was once a home of Lauren Bacall. IIRC the movie The Magnificent Seven was filmed in and around the area. Recent history has drug families hanging from a bridge of a major highway. I don't think we will go back.
No State shall convert a liberty into a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor. -- Murdock v. Pennsylvania
If the State converts a right into a privilege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right with impunity. -- Shuttleworth v. City of Birmingham

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 45

Post by philip964 »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... picks.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pretty graphic photo, even with it being blurred. Just more violence in gun free Mexico.

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

I would just as soon vacation in Afganistan as Mexico.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

mamabearCali wrote:I would just as soon vacation in Afganistan as Mexico.
I would rather go to Afghanistan than New York City.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

anygunanywhere wrote:
mamabearCali wrote:I would just as soon vacation in Afganistan as Mexico.
I would rather go to Afghanistan than New York City.

Anygunanywhere
Yeah, you can carry your M4 in Afganistan, not New York or Mexico.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “The Crime Blotter”