MS: Home Invasion leaves 1 dead.

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
bauer
Posts in topic: 4

MS: Home Invasion leaves 1 dead.

Post by bauer »

http://www.wdam.com/story/23030015/hatt ... e-invasion" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This one hits close to home as the individual killed was in my extended family. Three armed males entered the home, they preceded to wake up the first two people they could find and ordered them to wake everyone else up. They wanted them all in one room of the house. As soon as the victim was sent into his roommate's room to wake that person up, he grabbed a gun that his roommate had stashed bedside. The assailants noticed him reaching for the gun and shot him. After being struck with a round to the shoulder the victim returned fire with 3-4 shots causing the assailants to bail. He likely died saving the lives of the other three residents in the house.

No reason has yet been identified for the break in. Interestingly enough the roommates repeatedly asked the three intruders what they wanted. They only wanted everyone in a single room together. The roommates offered to give them everything they had. Intruders refused to take anything and again insisted they only wanted everyone in a single room. I can only speculate what this was all about, and that is it was gang related. Possibly an initiation, because from what I understand these roommates were living in the worst part of Hattiesburg, MS and were a few of only a handful of white residents in the area.

So much sadness in the world we live in.
R.I.P SSG Ward 6 Apr 2013
"Garry Owen"

GlockDude26
Posts in topic: 1

Re: MS: Home Invasion leaves 1 dead.

Post by GlockDude26 »

that is horrible news and i'm sorry to hear it. that young man is a hero for sure.... :patriot:
"Our houses are protected by the Good Lord and a gun, you might em both if you show up here not welcome son" Josh Thompson- Way out here (best song ever) "eventually all citizens will become criminals with enough legislation....."

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

This to me is why you need some sort of extra security in your house to wake you up and maybe delay the home invaders at least a few seconds to give you time to react. Anything you can do to prevent bad guys from entering either silently or quickly would be helpful. I am sure that is harder in a house full of people.

I have some alarming door stops at home, but they wouldn't hold someone up more than a second or two.

The Count

Post by The Count »

That is very tragic. The young man who lost his life is a hero for sure. Sounds like they were rounding them up for a group murder.

On a side note.... The article in the link says the door was UNLOCKED??? :nono:

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Feel terrible for the family...ugh. You never know just how determined and aggressive these thugs can be and they will get right on top of you in a hurry. Gotta play through those HD scenarios, for sure.

Topic author
bauer

Post by bauer »

The Count wrote:
On a side note.... The article in the link says the door was UNLOCKED??? :nono:
Yeah, not really sure what was going on with that. This should be a lesson for everyone, never assume you live in a safe neighborhood.
"Garry Owen"

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Small town of around 50k people. Very tragic for a town this size to be having this happen.
III

OnceFired

Post by OnceFired »

I am so sorry for your loss. The young man was absolutely valiant, and most certainly saved everyone else there.

OnceFired
Video games are an escape from reality. Gun ownership is for when you can't.
CHL - 07/03/12 submitted, 09/07/12 received
Texas Security Guard Jobs

Topic author
bauer

Post by bauer »

MechAg94 wrote:
I have some alarming door stops at home, but they wouldn't hold someone up more than a second or two.
Same here, we use some davie bars on both outside entry doors. Someone determined enough could probably get through them but not before I or my wife awoke to the noise of a door being kicked in.

Found em: http://www.safetybasement.com/Davie-Bar ... vb-100.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Garry Owen"

drjoker
Banned

Post by drjoker »

Another HATE CRIME that will NEVER be prosecuted as a hate crime. The killers didn't want anything except to round them up into one room to kill them. If no financial motive and no rape motive is there then this is CLEARLY a HATE CRIME.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murders_of ... her_Newsom
http://mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com/2007 ... er-123092/
http://www.forgottenvictims.com/Jennifer%20Ross.htm
http://jacksonville.com/tu-online/stori ... 6238.shtml

So far, EIGHT crimes have been committed as "revenge" crimes for Trayvon Martin.

ZERO crimes were committed as "revenge" for Christopher Newsom, Melissa McLaughlin, Jennifer Ross, and Ashley Nichole Neeves. We should all write our congressmen to do away with the hate crime law or prosecute ALL hate crimes. Unless the law applies equally to ALL Americans, there is no justice for ANY Americans.

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

The story says the bullet entered through his shoulder and "traveled through his torso". One of those unfortunate cases where the bone probably deflected the bullet and sent it through vital organs. Hope they catch the scumbags.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

nyj

Post by nyj »

MechAg94 wrote:This to me is why you need some sort of extra security in your house to wake you up and maybe delay the home invaders at least a few seconds to give you time to react. Anything you can do to prevent bad guys from entering either silently or quickly would be helpful. I am sure that is harder in a house full of people.

I agree. Truth be told, someone could be at my bed and I wouldn't even wake up. My dogs barking is a hit or miss.

Topic author
bauer

Post by bauer »

baldeagle wrote: Hope they catch the scumbags.
DONE!!

http://www.wdam.com/story/23078446/fina ... ce-custody" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And evidently one of the assailants was wounded by the victim. Police say they don't knew who shot first. Does it really matter?

http://www.wdam.com/story/23086749/hatt ... m-roomates" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Garry Owen"

Return to “The Crime Blotter”