Teen burglars DRT

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
baldeagle
Posts in topic: 1

Teen burglars DRT

Post by baldeagle »

Teenagers Shot and Killed Heading Out the Door in Home Invasion, Family Says They ‘Didn’t Deserve It’

The family admits they were breaking in to homes but doesn't think they deserved to die. I think the family should be arrested as accessories.

There is a solution to the problem - stop breaking in to homes. It's too late for these two, but maybe others will wake up.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Teen burglars DRT

Post by anygunanywhere »

From the article:
The teens wouldn’t even have to use firearms to pose grave physical danger to two elderly people, because the potential victims could be overpowered and bludgeoned or even stabbed to death. In fact, FBI statistics show more people are killed in the U.S. with knives and bats than all rifles (including “assault” rifles) combined.
But then, we already know this.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

I thought it was pretty balanced reporting by the news also.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Bad choices have consequences and this one turned out as it should have with the victims unharmed except for having to deal with the circus of people trying to justify home invasions by a couple of kids. Plus the fact that both victims will be dealing with taking another's life for the rest of theirs. If these two criminal home invaders were a little bigger, a little older, and looked a little bit different nobody would have said a word.

I had no idea this statement was true: "In fact, FBI statistics show more people are killed in the U.S. with knives and bats than all rifles (including “assault” rifles) combined."
III

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

Occasionally, the "gibsmedat" crowd learns the hard way that the Cape Buffalo can and will stomp a Lion to death.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

howdy

Post by howdy »

DRT....Baldeagle must hang out with EMS folks.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

I feel for the senior homeowners. For the burglars and their families, "meh".

Selina Kyle

Post by Selina Kyle »

IMHO the homeowners were 100% justified. It's a no brainer....don't want to get shot? Don't rob people!!!
"His fist is big, but my gun's bigger. He'll find out when I pull the trigger!"
Ruger LCP
NRA Member

jmra

Post by jmra »

Selina Kyle wrote:IMHO the homeowners were 100% justified. It's a no brainer....don't want to get shot? Don't rob people!!!
But according to one of the lip pierced girls they interviewed the boys only did it in order to "eat". :banghead:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

jmra wrote:
Selina Kyle wrote:IMHO the homeowners were 100% justified. It's a no brainer....don't want to get shot? Don't rob people!!!
But according to one of the lip pierced girls they interviewed the boys only did it in order to "eat". :banghead:
This is just a small indication of the mindset that will set in quickly when the going gets tough. There are going to be more that have not than those that have.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

RKirkwood

Post by RKirkwood »

In one report they said the finger print of one of the boys matched from a former break in.

Its sad when it news that the robber's friends and family are interviewed for their opinion and they say it was wrong to shoot them. Instead of asking them they should be saying why did you raise them like this or use peer pressure to stop them.

Terrorizing & robbing people are OK it seems but defending yourself or property is wrong. :banghead:

Not the values I was taught.

Gameover

Post by Gameover »

Sad they had to die....but don't expect any less when you break in to someone else's home. Parenting is needed in order to prevent these situations.
Question everything

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

jmra wrote:
Among all their other issues, I find the criminal underclasses to be lazy, and beset with problems of their own making. They have poor impulse control at best, and no impulse control at worst. Their rallying cry is "Gibsmedat!"

They don't take advantage of free public education. They rarely finish high school. While at a young age, they begin to create throwaway children, most of whom are rarely wanted, nor given appropriate parental supervision. Their only values are criminal values.

Case in point: a retired guy I know volunteers to deal with ex-cons. One of his guys is in his mid-20's, has done one jolt, has 4 kids by 3 ladies, both his parents are in prison for drug offenses, and he refuses to look for work as any money he makes will go to child support. His parents used him as a decoy as a small child, and then he became a booster in his own right. When he got caught - he did time. He will never be anything but a drain on society.

Some people do make it out. There are people who escape the clutches of the criminal underclasses. It's difficult, but it is doable.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Dori

Post by Dori »

jmra wrote:
They don't have that problem anymore.

My prayers are for the homeowners and the likely trail of victims the yoots left in their wake. .

Texas_Blaze

Post by Texas_Blaze »

thankfully the homeowner is not hurt.
these are thugs no doubt & paid more than they thought it would ever cost them.
I always share these stories w/ my kids. don't do stupid things w/ your friends.
Distinguished author of opinions and pro bono self proclaimed internet lawyer providing expert advice on what you should do and believe on all matters of life.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”