Vandalism, looting in Missouri after Officer Shooting

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
rbwhatever1
Posts in topic: 8

Vandalism, looting in Missouri after Officer Shooting

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Seems justified to me since the shooting was inside the Police Car after the Officer was pushed inside it. Apparently the thug was on top of the officer. At any rate you can't just push whomever you want to push armed or not. Already referencing the Florida Self-Defense shooting.

And out come the entitled looting takers grabbing free stuff. I believe I would be shooting my way out of a rioting mob like this. Be careful out there LEO's...

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/Protests ... 88371.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
III

SAK
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Vandalism, looting in Missouri after Officer Shooting

Post by SAK »

Just a sample of what we may all experience one of these days if the State of the Union continues on the same path...

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jumping Frog »

I see the Rhymin' Race Revrums are getting involved. They've never met a camera they didn't like.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 12

Post by mamabearCali »

What one has to do with the other is beyond me.

The shooting needs investigation. It is tragic no matter if it was justified or not. A teen is dead, that is always sad.

Grief and pain do not equal the right to tear up a neighborhood.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

Topic author
rbwhatever1
Posts in topic: 8

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Lots of conflicting information in this article. Going to be messy.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/Police-p ... 83551.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Authorities have been vague about what led the officer to open fire, saying only that the shooting — which is being investigated by St. Louis County police — was preceded by a scuffle of some kind with a man in which the officer's weapon discharged inside a patrol car.

Brown "was giving up in the sense of raising his arms and being subdued," Walker told The Associated Press.

The officer "had his gun raised and started shooting the individual in the chest multiple times," Walker said, adding that the officer then "stood over him and shot him" after the victim fell wounded. Dorian Johnson offered a similar account, telling KMOV-TV that he and Brown were walking home from a convenience store when a police officer told them to get out of the street and onto the sidewalk. Johnson said they kept walking, which caused the officer to confront them from his car and again after getting out of the vehicle.
"We wasn't causing harm to nobody," Johnson said. "We had no weapons on us at all."
Johnson said the first time the officer fired, he and Brown got scared and ran away.
"He shot again, and once my friend felt that shot, he turned around and put his hands in the air, and he started to get down. But the officer still approached with his weapon drawn and fired several more shots," Johnson said.
Walker said he did not see a scuffle or the circumstances that preceded the first gunshot.
"I don't want to sugarcoat it," said the family's attorney, Benjamin Crump. "(Brown) was executed in broad daylight."
III

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 17

Post by baldeagle »

Note that Benjamin Crump, the same attorney that inserted himself into the Trayvon Martin mess, is the family's attorney. With Al Sharpton on his way, you can expect this to result in multiple days of marching and chanting "No Justice, No Peace" along with many references to Trayvon. It's hard to find the truth with all the distraction and disruption. The "facts" that have been reported are so contradictory that it's near impossible to know what really happened. Hopefully the investigation will be fair and honest and the truth will come out. If the shooting wasn't justified, the officer should be prosecuted. If it was, hopefully the facts that are revealed will support that conclusion to the satisfaction of most people. (Some will never be satisfied.)

BTW, the family is begging the looters and rioters to stop saying that it dishonors Mike's memory. But looters don't live by a moral code that allows them to care about Mike's memory. I feel terrible for the family. Having to deal with all of this as well as Mike's death is a lot to bear. May God give them strength.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

mamabearCali wrote:What one has to do with the other is beyond me.

The shooting needs investigation. It is tragic no matter if it was justified or not. A teen is dead, that is always sad.

Grief and pain do not equal the right to tear up a neighborhood.
From what I have heard, this was a 6 foot plus, 300 lb guy. He may have been a teen, but he was not some skinny little kid.

johncanfield

Post by johncanfield »

Here's a comment I posted in the Wall Street Journal in response to their story about this shooting:

"Shove or physically confront a law enforcement officer and there will be consequences. Unfortunately these people grow up in a culture that despises law enforcement and everything they stand for - this is the gangsta culture that glorifies drugs and violence and demeans females.

Unfortunately the resolution is politically unpopular - if you are on public assistance and can work, then you work. No public assistance unless you can pass a drug test. Remove incentives that encourage females to keep popping out babies. Black leaders need to speak out against grandmothers raising babies, fatherless families, etc., etc"
LC9s, M&P 22, 9c, Sig P238-P239-P226-P365XL, 1911 clone

Jim Beaux
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Jim Beaux »

johncanfield wrote:Here's a comment I posted in the Wall Street Journal in response to their story about this shooting:

"Shove or physically confront a law enforcement officer and there will be consequences. Unfortunately these people grow up in a culture that despises law enforcement and everything they stand for - this is the gangsta culture that glorifies drugs and violence and demeans females.

Unfortunately the resolution is politically unpopular - if you are on public assistance and can work, then you work. No public assistance unless you can pass a drug test. Remove incentives that encourage females to keep popping out babies. Black leaders need to speak out against grandmothers raising babies, fatherless families, etc., etc"
It's not about resolution, it's about the dollar. Black outrage is a thriving industry. Jackson, Sharpton and Q10 all charge a fee to appear at "sites of racial injustice". Jackson and Bobble head Sharpton are millionaires.

FYI
Gun Sales Up Across Area
Sales have quadrupled at 'Metro Shooting' in Bridgeton, according to owner Steven King.
http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2014/08/12/ ... ross-area/
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

ajwakeboarder
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ajwakeboarder »

A few business have escaped the looting

http://toprightnews.com/?p=5136" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

philip964
Posts in topic: 29

Post by philip964 »

So is arresting the press taking refuge inside a McDonald's or firing tear gas into a group of TV news casters, with cameras rolling, then after they have fled coming and taking down their equipment, helping the Furguson Mo. police maintain order after the office involved shooting?

Does it now color the official version of the shooting?

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/ ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

Yeah that changes things for me......Now I say both sides are behaving horribly and we now have a multitude of constitutional violations.

Still there needs to be an investigation into the shooting. If justified explain exactly what happened to make it such, don't fall back on the common line "the officer was frightened." If it was not obviously justifiable then it needs to go to a grand jury. This really needs an independent investigation from the start because of what has now happened.

Those who are protesting must not riot or loot. The police need to not be so stupid as to attack reporters and common people. This is bad on all sides.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

Jim Beaux
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Jim Beaux »

It's becoming so hard knowing what to believe anymore.
philip964 wrote:So is arresting the press taking refuge inside a McDonald's or firing tear gas into a group of TV news casters, with cameras rolling, then after they have fled coming and taking down their equipment, helping the Furguson Mo. police maintain order after the office involved shooting?

Does it now color the official version of the shooting?

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/ ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SWAT Team officers were actually “assisting the media in moving their camera equipment and media personnel to a safer area with their consent so that they could continue to cover the event.” The news crew was caught in tear gas and had to leave their position.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/08 ... equipment/
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

92f-fan

Post by 92f-fan »

mamabearCali wrote: The police need to not be so stupid as to attack reporters and common people. This is bad on all sides.
MANY years ago I was in a resort town in a group of 20 something spring breakers that turned unruly and the riot squad was called. They swept the town north to south to clear the problem. They announced their presence, and intentions. If ANYONE turned to ask what was going on they were cuffed and taken away. It was rough for the few innocents that were mistakenly cuffed but when a smaller force of police are working to return peace to a town and they are out numbered 10 to 1 or more they have to act quickly and efficiently.

In my case the issue was drunk kids turning over a beer van and being juvenile to women who were showing their assets from the back of cruising pickups.
In this case the police were facing deadly force. Molotov cocktails, arson, looting, shooting, rocks bricks. And they dont have the luxury of Monday morning quarter backing to know who is a white hat and who is a black hat ...
Yes they over reacted but then again the town was dissolving to anarchy and our sources of information are not exactly unbiased.
IN the case of the Reporters, one version I heard was the Reporters threw some attitude at the police.
Wrong was done on both sides ...

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

I agree wrong has been done on both sides. However the ones entrusted with authority, the police, are expected to use better judgement than they have.

I look at it like this. In my house my husband and I have the God given authority to bring peace and order to a house full of children that would likely otherwise result in chaos. If my 9 year old son throws a tantrum and breaks something.....that is very very bad and he needs to be disciplined for it. If my husband and I go overboard in our discipline or not only discipline him but also his siblings who were just there that is far worse. We are the responsible authority empowered and expected to make right choices.

The police are the law enforcers. They are the responsible authority in those situations. If a citizen acts outside the law, that is bad. If a LEO acts outside the law, that is far worse.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”