Vandalism, looting in Missouri after Officer Shooting

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

DocV
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Vandalism, looting in Missouri after Officer Shooting

Post by DocV »

National Report looks a satire site. Although I might be wrong about their "Small Florida Town Signs Police Privatization Deal With Walmart" article:
http://nationalreport.net/small-florida ... l-walmart/

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Excaliber »

VMI77 wrote:
Excaliber wrote:Now another twist enters the story.

Multiple news outlets are now reporting that Glide, the company whose app was allegedly used to record the audio of the shots. is stating that the recording is genuine and was made at the time the shooting occurred. The HuffPo story is here - stories at other outlets are very similar.

The recording in question can be heard here.
Yeah, well, according to the article, the claim is based on the time the recording was made and nothing else. It's not like somebody might be able to fake a time stamp in two weeks. That said, even if the timing is correct, that proves nothing about the gun shots, as they could have been mixed over the voice recording. And of course HuffPo wants to keep their narrative alive. They're going to have to show some actual evidence that it's not a hoax to convince me.
I agree and the timing makes it highly suspect. The "pause" that the media are making a fuss about is easily explainable as a reassessment moment when the suspect may have slowed or hesitated in his charge, and then charged forward again. However, it is an interesting twist in a story that continues to spin.

Allegedly the FBI is analyzing the recording. Considering that they work for our esteemed attorney general who appears more interested in chaos than justice, if they were going to call it genuine I think that would have happened by now.

It looks more likely that this detour which may have been released to try to reignite violence will simply be allowed to fade away in the media and Don Lemon's record of never having said anything worthwhile will continue to stand.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

knotquiteawake
Posts in topic: 6

Post by knotquiteawake »

mojo84 wrote:

I'm not familiar with this publication. Nobody dislikes Holder and Obama more than me. However, this is such a serious allegation, I think it best to learn more about the "evidence" before we accept it on face value. There's just too much incentive for the thug gang member to day something like this to save his own hide.

This publication is 100% satirical
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Report" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
National Report (nationalreport.net) is a satirical news website. It is published by Allen Montgomery.[1]

stroo
Posts in topic: 5

Post by stroo »

Great article by Stephen Hunter explaining the autopsy results:

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2 ... rguson.php#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;!

philip964
Posts in topic: 29

Post by philip964 »

http://news.yahoo.com/holder-announces- ... 2kA3jYPxQt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Attorney General Holder is going to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate, fast and furious, Benghazi murders, NSA spying, cozy government loan guarantees to political supporters, failure of the executive branch to follow laws and the targeting of Tea Party groups by the IRS.

How far did you get before you knew I was fibbing.

Yeah he's investigating the entire Ferguson Police Department for civil rights violations.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Keith B »

philip964 wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/holder-announces- ... 2kA3jYPxQt.

Attorney General Holder is going to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate, fast and furious, Benghazi murders, NSA spying, cozy government loan guarantees to political supporters, failure of the executive branch to follow laws and the targeting of Tea Party groups by the IRS.

How far did you get before you knew I was fibbing.

Yeah he's investigating the entire Ferguson Police Department for civil rights violations.
Nothing but a witch hunt. :mad5
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

mojo84
Posts in topic: 4

Post by mojo84 »

Didn't he say he was an "activist attorney general"? I think I remember something to that effect.
Last edited by mojo84 on Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

I think there likely were civil rights violations in the fog of war (can't believe I have to say that about a place in the US) during the protests and the looting. However, why isn't NYC being investigated? They have had just as many complaints. Why isn't the DOJ in chicago where so many black children are killed on a nearly daily basis.

The selectivity of our current DOJ in who how and where people are prosecuted is a disgrace.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://www.kmov.com/special-coverage-00 ... 93611.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

Well they tried to shut down a highway......this they were rightfully arrested.

On the blaze last night there was an article that the people protesting are threatening to loot again unless Wilson is found guilty. :banghead:

I don't know 100% one way or another, but that they are basically calling for a lynching or they will destroy their town (again) is disturbing. What happened to rule of law?
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

VMI77
Posts in topic: 8

Post by VMI77 »

mamabearCali wrote:Well they tried to shut down a highway......this they were rightfully arrested.

On the blaze last night there was an article that the people protesting are threatening to loot again unless Wilson is found guilty. :banghead:

I don't know 100% one way or another, but that they are basically calling for a lynching or they will destroy their town (again) is disturbing. What happened to rule of law?

What little that remained of it under Bush was dispensed with by The One.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Post by anygunanywhere »

There never has been rule of law for these types of protesters. Remember the Rodney King riots? They are never held to the standard that others must live up to.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/local/20 ... /16075171/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A martyr.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/fire ... i-25699069" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Martyr's memorial burns down.

suthdj
Posts in topic: 5

Post by suthdj »

philip964 wrote:http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/fire ... i-25699069

Martyr's memorial burns down.
And now they protest some more

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... picks=true
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived