Only in California

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
baldeagle
Posts in topic: 1

Only in California

Post by baldeagle »

Son, 33, Fatally Shoots Father Who Killed 3 People in Rowland Heights
His father killed his mother, his girlfriend and one other woman. He wrestles the gun away from his dad and shoots him twice, killing him. The police arrest him and charge him with murder.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

bones281
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Only in California

Post by bones281 »

The problem with that, is the son had already disarmed the father, who at that point was no longer a threat, and he shot him twice. I'm sure his defense attorney will attempt to clean that up.

Jago668
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jago668 »

It isn't the arrest that bothers me as much as the $1 million bail. I'm sure most of us are aware that if we shoot someone that we are going to take the ride. That just seems excessive for a self-defense type of case, especially when the person he shot and killed had just killed 3 people. Of those including girlfriend and mother.

I disagree that the father was no longer a threat. If he is still fighting and attempting to regain control of the weapon then he is still a threat. Especially considering the father had just committed 3 murders.
NRA Benefactor Member

bones281
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bones281 »

I agree with you and that's why I said hid defense attorney would have to clean that up. But again we're talking about California laws ...

Return to “The Crime Blotter”