TX:Cars burglarized while owners in Church

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

TX:Cars burglarized while owners in Church

Post by philip964 »

http://www.click2houston.com/news/2-men ... -woodlands

Seems the world is much worse than when I was a kid, or maybe I just have forgotten.

Dave2

Re: TX:Cars burglarized while owners in Church

Post by Dave2 »

Some predators like churches because people there tend to be more trusting.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

JP171
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by JP171 »

no I think it is worse and more reported than when we were kids Philip, I think it will get worse still as the politicos and the professors are still creating that underclass of people I call doleists. Those who are taught that its not their fault they are scumbags, thieves, rapists, muggers and general dirtbags and it's not their fault they are the dregs of society and worthless PO's by the system saying "it's ok hunny its ain't yo fault you is a criminal cause the man is keepin you down"(said with ebonics bent). its not even funny anymore, its a social disease called liberalism and without those who believe it can't function, nor can it grow and prosper and too many believe

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

Unlike business parking lots, church parking lots are nearly devoid of people but full of cars for certain time periods while people attend bible study or worship services. They are therefore great targets for folks who pay attention to those times and worship at different altars, if at all.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

And they know about how much time they have. Unlike department stores, where the amount of time is uncertain.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 3

Post by SewTexas »

this is how our car, and a couple of others, was broken in to on Easter Sunday back when we lived in CO, plus they pick up some junk mail. Then they took a GPS they'd gotten from another car in the parking lot, went to our house first and using OUR garage door opener, walked right in.
After that day we started a team that monitored the parking lot during services.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

DevilDawg

Post by DevilDawg »

A couple things stand out to me in regards to this, and I live in the area.

This is going to continue to get worse the longer the economy is depressed. People who are perceived to have more will always be the targets of thieves, why would you rob poor people?

Given that a number of churches are posting .06 & .07 if you attend you should also consider a better plan for storage in your vehicle. My cheap nano vault would last in a mall parking lot, but if they knew they had an hour it's not going to keep them out. Firearms will be the targeted item of choice anywhere they know you have to disarm.

Tracker

Post by Tracker »

all the more reason the gun is safer on you then left in the car during church.

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

This is going to continue to get worse the longer the economy is depressed. People who are perceived to have more will always be the targets of thieves, why would you rob poor people?
To be fair. ;-)
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

JP171 wrote:no I think it is worse and more reported than when we were kids Philip, I think it will get worse still as the politicos and the professors are still creating that underclass of people I call doleists.
DevilDawg wrote:This is going to continue to get worse the longer the economy is depressed. People who are perceived to have more will always be the targets of thieves, why would you rob poor people?
I think it is going to continue to get worse because that is what my God says is going to happen in His Word. I do NOT say that to disrespect either JP171 or DevilDawg, both of whose explanations are certainly applicable at the surface level. But we have banished God from the classroom, and He is a gentleman and will stay away until invited back. We have banished God from the halls of Government.....I am NOT saying that we should be a theocracy, but that there was a time when people in gov't sought His guidance as well as His approval.....and God is a gentleman and will stay away from the halls of gov't until invited back.

I believe that what we are observing is this:
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world,[g] in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. 21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

24 Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, 25 because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. 29 They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32 Though they know God's righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.

Romans 1:18-32
I understand that some will dispute this, or take offense at it. I understand that not everybody on this board is a Christian, or even religious. That is certainly your right to strongly disagree with my words, and I will defend your right to dispute them with my life. But this is how I see it. I think that, having observed our collective insistence on sinful behaviors and desires, God has given this country over to dishonorable passions. What we are observing is the result of that, and it is NOT going to change for the better until we collectively return to Him.

This is just my opinion. YMMV
Last edited by The Annoyed Man on Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

flintknapper wrote:
To be fair. ;-)
I think it's called Equal Opportunity. :mrgreen:
NRA Endowment Member

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

philip964 wrote:http://www.click2houston.com/news/2-men ... -woodlands

Seems the world is much worse than when I was a kid, or maybe I just have forgotten.
I don't know when you were a kid, but yes; the world is much worse than it was when I was a kid, a young adult, now a senior citizen and even a day before yesterday. Is it a Biblical prophesy, climate change, TV, schools, lenient courts, etc., etc., I dunno'. But yes, it's getting worse every day...and that's the reason that I carry a gun - in CC mode.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

The aggravating thing is their punishment if convicted doesn't fit the crime in my opinion. :mad5 Depending on priors or lack thereof it could a Class A Misdemeanor to a state jail felony. I'd prefer water boarding every day of their sentences.

TEX PE. CODE ANN. § 30.04 : Texas Statutes - Section 30.04: BURGLARY OF VEHICLES

(a) A person commits an offense if, without the effective consent of the owner, he breaks into or enters a vehicle or any part of a vehicle with intent to commit any felony or theft.
(b) For purposes of this section, "enter" means to intrude:
(1) any part of the body; or
(2) any physical object connected with the body.
(c) For purposes of this section, a container or trailer carried on a rail car is a part of the rail car.
(d) An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor, except that:
(1) the offense is a Class A misdemeanor with a minimum term of confinement of six months if it is shown on the trial of the offense that the defendant has been previously convicted of an offense under this section; and(2) the offense is a state jail felony if:
(A) it is shown on the trial of the offense that the defendant has been previously convicted two or more times of an offense under this section; or
(B) the vehicle or part of the vehicle broken into or entered is a rail car.
(d-1) For the purposes of Subsection (d), a defendant has been previously convicted under this section if the defendant was adjudged guilty of the offense or entered a plea of guilty or nolo contendere in return for a grant of deferred adjudication, regardless of whether the sentence for the offense was ever imposed or whether the sentence was probated and the defendant was subsequently discharged from community supervision.
(e) It is a defense to prosecution under this section that the actor entered a rail car or any part of a rail car and was at that time an employee or a representative of employees exercising a right under the Railway Labor Act (45 U.S.C. Section 151 et seq.).
Acts 1973, 63rd Leg., p. 883, ch. 399, Sec. 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1974. Amended by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 900, Sec. 1.01, eff. Sept. 1, 1994; Acts 1999, 76th Leg., ch. 916, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1999.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

JP171
Banned

Post by JP171 »

TAM, I know this is going to upset you and that is not my intent at all, but god has nothing to do with it. simply put a figment of mans institutional need for something larger than he, can't do anything. has NEVER done anything and will NEVER do anything other than serve as a placebo to the psyche of those that need and desire it. I for one refute the existence of a or any god, no one can prove a god or gods have or do exist and before you say something silly like prove god doesn't exist, prove he does other than quoting a book written by Constantine during the council of Nicea in 348 AD as is counted now. you are free to believe as you choose but please don't ascribe actions to a fignewton of imagination, ascribe it to what is actually quantifiable such as the parents of these kids wont bust that butt nor pay attention to these kids cause GAW..d will fix it so lemme axe you a kwestshun, has GAWD done anything except create bad kids in the last 20 years? BTW I went to catholic schools and was taught the drivel, war taught me its all a buncha garbage. please use Occam and hanlons razors before saying a word TAM and stop proselytizing here.

Javier730

Post by Javier730 »

TexasCHLforum Rules:
Religion or theology may only be discussed in the context of threats or criminal acts committed in the name of a religion, and in thoughtful responses to those threats and acts.
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

Return to “The Crime Blotter”