Female Body found at GunFree University of Texas, Homicide Investigation ongoing

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
NotRPB
Posts in topic: 6

Female Body found at GunFree University of Texas, Homicide Investigation ongoing

Post by NotRPB »

Female Body found at #GunFreeUT University of Texas, #Homicide Investigation ongoing https://www.google.com/search?q=univers ... 8&oe=utf-8

mr1337
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Female Body found at GunFree University of Texas, Homicide Investigation ongoing

Post by mr1337 »

Since Google is not a news source, and that search page could change as time goes on, here's the local news article:

http://kxan.com/2016/04/05/ut-police-in ... on-campus/
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

Texsquatch

Re: Female Body found at GunFree University of Texas, Homicide Investigation ongoing

Post by Texsquatch »

Why mention that it's gun free?

tbryanh
Posts in topic: 3

Post by tbryanh »

Texsquatch wrote:Why mention that it's gun free?
The OP is probably against gun free zones as most people on this forum probably are. Mentioning that the possible murder took place in a gun free zone tends to show that gun free zones do not protect people.

Topic author
NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

Yes, and GunFreeUT organization is a big news deal in this part of the world near Austin now, like John Woods used to be.
Austin area young female Democrat AISD trustee Gina Hinojosa running for State Representative House District 49 who runs with the GunFreeUT protest crowd up here running (and won on the platform) on TV commercial
"Private schools can opt out, but (in sad whining voice) but Public schools can't"

She, as part of her campaign platform, wants to make opt out an option for public schools and re-hash that issues so people "feel" safe instead of being safer.

There were 2 Women in commercials, if I recall correctly, both anti-2A
The one in the whiny commercial, Gina Hinojosa:
http://www.austinchronicle.com/news/201 ... ent-rules/

AISD trustee Gina Hinojosa beat the odds and avoided a run-off in the seven-way primary to replace retiring incumbent Rep. Elliott NaishtatWhen early voting came in, Hino­josa had caught a surprise early wind, leading the crowded field with 55.4% of all votes cast. As election day precincts came in, she reinforced that lead to finish at 57%.

At her victory party at Scholz Garten (the historic home of establishment Dem gatherings), surrounded by a coterie of local union chiefs and activists, and with her father, Texas Democratic Party chair Gilberto Hino­josa, working the crowd, Hinojosa put her success down to education: more particularly, that school finance reform will be the top priority in the next legislative session. "I think people in this town understand how dire the situation is for our public schools."
The other is: Heather Way
http://www.austinchronicle.com/news/201 ... ather-way/
A UT law professor and a constant fixture in discussions about affordability and density, she said, "I've dedicated my whole career to fighting for people and working to create a more just society."

Politically, Way describes herself as "an Elizabeth Warren Democrat
My point in saying "GunFree" was directed at GunFreeUT organization and their attempts (apparently successful) to influence these two (I believe to be anti-campuscarry) primary winners in the Race for House Seats.

I pray in the big election, that feelings of safety do not get in the way of safety and the right of self-defense/self-preservation...but for that House District, Austin is quite Liberal/Democrat/Anti-2A

See
Austin man continues fight over City Hall gun policy
http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=83594

philip964

Post by philip964 »

When an area is gun free, a woman does not have the opportunity to easily defend herself against attack.

The article suggests not wearing ear buds as a way to prevent your murder on the UT campus. If only life was that simple.

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flintknapper »

Kind of what I was wondering?

To my knowledge....all we know of the incident...is that a body was found on campus property.

Is it being implied that the area being designated "gun free" somehow had something to do with this?
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

MikeyJ

Post by MikeyJ »

philip964 wrote:
The article suggests not wearing ear buds as a way to prevent your murder on the UT campus. If only life was that simple.
Clearly, UT needs to post the campus as an "ear bud free zone". The rate of traffic accidents would decrease as well. ;-)

Rpenn57

Post by Rpenn57 »

Drove thru UT campus area today and at least half the pedestrians were either talking on their phone or had ear buds in. One girls was walking against the light in front of us. We had to wait on her and i don't think she ever saw us. Of course we still don't know what happened to the dead student.

Rpenn57

Post by Rpenn57 »

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Word is that this was a particularly brutal homicide. Poor, lovely young woman and her family. R.I.P.

Topic author
NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

Person of interest identified in death of UT-Austin student http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/04/07/ut ... creek.html

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

The Austin news has been full of the typical reaction after the murder. More police patrols including DPS mounted patrol. Increased emphasis on use of the campus partner program when walking after dark. Stressing the need to be alert, what we call being in condition yellow. There was even a "Take Back the Night" demonstration yesterday to raise awareness for sexual assault on campus.

All this, but the university is adamant that they do not want firearms on campus.

How stupid can educated people be?
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

tbryanh

Post by tbryanh »

flintknapper wrote:
Kind of what I was wondering?

To my knowledge....all we know of the incident...is that a body was found on campus property.

Is it being implied that the area being designated "gun free" somehow had something to do with this?
Put it this way, if the dead woman was law abiding, she was not given a choice to carry a pistol to defend herself. Had she been given that choice, she might have chosen to carry a pistol and might still be alive. Got it now? Or is it still complicated for you?

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

^^^ Not many freshmen are old enough to qualify for a LTC.

I do agree that the gun-free policy is nonsense that only impacts the law abiding.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Return to “The Crime Blotter”