TX: breaking- active shooter West Houston

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 3

TX: breaking- active shooter West Houston

Post by philip964 »

http://abc13.com/news/active-shooter-fi ... n/1361533/

Texted to me by an anti gunner. Memorial and Wilcrest.

Stay safe.

Geez it's Sunday morning.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TX: breaking- active shooter West Houston

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Hope they get it under control quick.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://www.click2houston.com/news/break ... st-houston

Two officers wounded. Two people dead. 4 more wounded.

AR 15's used by bad guys (2), police helicopter shot five times.

Bullet caused fire at gas station.

My goodness.

psijac

Post by psijac »

They need to stop using the term shelter-in-place, like special words can protect you from harsh reality.
07/25/09 - CHL class completed
07/31/09 - Received Pin/Packet sent.
09/23/09 - Plastic in hand!!

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

koine2002 wrote:Stay safe, Houston.

According to the article the AR-15 has become a high-powered rifle now. I guess that makes a .308 hunting rifle a tank killer?
Yep, it wasn't A-SALT-WEAPON

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

NotRPB wrote:
koine2002 wrote:Stay safe, Houston.

According to the article the AR-15 has become a high-powered rifle now. I guess that makes a .308 hunting rifle a tank killer?
Yep, it wasn't A-SALT-WEAPON

Was the helicopter peppered with A-SALT-WEAPON handled by a seasoned veteran? :biggrinjester:
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Skiprr »

Not much new on this event yet. I imagine the FBI may be in on the investigation, and that they're holding some of the details close to the chest until the story is clearer.

Evidently one of the dead is a suspect (shot by SWAT), another a local man in his 50s who was bringing his car to the car detailing business. The second suspect was also shot, and was taken to the hospital. Names of the suspects have not been released, and the role of the hospitalized suspect hasn't been explained. One Precinct 5 deputy constable was shot in the hand (or at least took fragments or debris from a gunshot), and three innocents--two men and one woman--were injured; nature of the injuries not clear, but none are "believed to be life-threatening." Precinct 5 Chief Ted Heap said another constable took a round to the chest, but he was wearing Kevlar and a plate-carrier that took the impact.

I'm not expecting much new to be revealed today; maybe tomorrow.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

sugar land dave

Post by sugar land dave »

Thank GOD for protecting the officer arriving in his patrol vehicle. From pictures of the windshield, it looks like the bad guy was trying his best to kill him. I guess evil is not taking the holiday off in Houston.
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Skiprr wrote:Not much new on this event yet. I imagine the FBI may be in on the investigation, and that they're holding some of the details close to the chest until the story is clearer.

Evidently one of the dead is a suspect (shot by SWAT), another a local man in his 50s who was bringing his car to the car detailing business. The second suspect was also shot, and was taken to the hospital. Names of the suspects have not been released, and the role of the hospitalized suspect hasn't been explained. One Precinct 5 deputy constable was shot in the hand (or at least took fragments or debris from a gunshot), and three innocents--two men and one woman--were injured; nature of the injuries not clear, but none are "believed to be life-threatening." Precinct 5 Chief Ted Heap said another constable took a round to the chest, but he was wearing Kevlar and a plate-carrier that took the impact.

I'm not expecting much new to be revealed today; maybe tomorrow.
Yep, this was mile or two from my house (as the crow flies), and the Precinct 5 Constables (who take care of our neighborhood) kept us up to date on everything. The latest word we got last night from them is aligned with your account as well:
"The two Pct. 5 Deputies who were shot this after noon are both okay and released from the hospital. One of them was a Tollway Deputy who was shot a very long range by a rifle with a scope and the bullet "bounced" off of his bullet proof and its metal plate. He was not injured. The other Deputy was a Co-op Deputy who had "shrapnel" strike his thumb. He was treated and released and will probably soon return to duty. Two of the Pct. 5 cars on scene had many bullet holes in them and most likely will never be used again."
We have some friends who live about a block from the location. Talking with them on the phone, they told us, "No, we're OK...but we are upstairs in the house with the guns in hand, ready to stop anyone from coming upstairs."

Good job by the HPD and the Precinct 5 team. Condolences to any families affected by this incident.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

The authorities are concealing the ID of the shooter/s it seems.
Mystery surrounds west Houston mass shooting gunman's identity, motive

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Did I comprehend that correctly.. Now police are not sure if the second shooter was active in the attack or somehow otherwise involved
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

E.Marquez wrote:Did I comprehend that correctly.. Now police are not sure if the second shooter was active in the attack or somehow otherwise involved

Yeah it seems that they have ruled him out as a suspect, at least temporarily, possibly shooting in self defense or in defense of others, but they are waiting to verify his version of events. There will be a lot of information withheld for a while since it involves so many people and is a rather large crime scene. I'm sure there will be a lot of mis-information put out by the media, but until there is more direct info from law enforcement, I wouldn't trust it too much.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

warnmar10 wrote:The authorities are concealing the ID of the shooter/s it seems.
Mystery surrounds west Houston mass shooting gunman's identity, motive
From that article:
abc13.com wrote:Police have not released a motive in the shooting, nor the gunman's identity. In fact, from what we saw, it appears they're going out of their way to hide his identity from the media.

Our cameras were there last night as a tow truck removed a car from the crime scene. We noticed the vehicle's license plate had been covered up. Detectives also used a metro bus to obstruct our camera's view of the tow truck leaving with the car.
And I can't disagree with that approach. None of the media sources I've seen indicate the FBI has stepped into the investigation, as I'd surmised might happen, but considering the nature of the event (rifle used, multiple rounds fired at rapid rates, LEOs targeted, police vehicles and helicopter shot) I'm sure HPD and Precinct 5 are being very careful to have definitive information in hand before they release any more data.

I was also probably incorrect that we'd see details today; now I'm thinking Tuesday, maybe even Wednesday, and it will likely be in a presser by HPD interim chief Montalvo.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

DevilDawg

Post by DevilDawg »

Or maybe since the HPD just got egg on their face over the stabbing death of an 11yr old they have decided to wait before hanging someone in the press.

ETA... Now listed as a 25yr old Army vet from California that did four tours.

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A source close to the investigation has identified the suspect in Sunday's west Houston mass shooting as a 25-year-old veteran from California. Dionisio Garza III is from San Bernardino County and served in Afghanistan. He was discharged from active duty in 2014, and doesn't appear to have a criminal history.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”