TX: Fushear mom shoots/kills her two daughters, gun supporter.

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 3

TX: Fushear mom shoots/kills her two daughters, gun supporter.

Post by philip964 »

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.2687929

Very tragic. Two teenage daughters murdered in the front yard of their home after their mom shot them both during a family argument. Distraught father survived. Police shot and killed mom after she refused to drop gun and moved toward daughter lying in the yard.

She had a Facebook page which is open and you can visit and see her pro 2nd Amendment, pro Regan, and anti Obama views.

https://www.facebook.com/cbsheats?fref=ts&ref=br_tf

"Happy Daughter's Day to my two amazing, sweet, kind, beautiful, intelligent girls. I love and treasure you both more than you could ever possibly know."

My anti gun friends are having a field day. One suggested that only if the daughters had their own guns this would have been avoided.

Only recently got back together with her husband. May have had mental problems. No posts in June.

RIP.
Last edited by philip964 on Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TX: Fushear mom shoots/kills her two daughters, gun supporter.

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Those poor children, may they R.I.P. The husband witnessed the whole thing, too.

Yeah this is a bad development that will be exploited to the hilt.

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

The 24/7 nature of event reporting these days makes these sorts of events easy to publicize for good or ill. What never seems to get reported is the rarity of these events and the decrease in violent crime in general over the last couple of decades. These situations are indeed outliers, though we hear about them far too frequently. I pray for God's peace and healing to the husband, other loved ones, and the community.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Pawpaw »

This is a tragic event all the way around, but this event will see wide publicity simply because of her political views and support for gun rights.

If she had been a registered Democrat and an active member of Moms Demand Action, this event would only have been a blip in the news and her political inclinations would never be mentioned.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

Horrible.

Hard to imagine that some degree of mental illness or lack of medication was not at play.

I can't fathom a 'family argument' turning into a double murder and one attempted murder. Crimes of 'passion' certainly happen, but this just doesn't add up.

Mental illness on the other hand: http://www.biography.com/people/andrea-yates-235801

Prayers for all involved and affected. So sad.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

thatguyoverthere

Post by thatguyoverthere »

flintknapper wrote:...I can't fathom a 'family argument' turning into a double murder and one attempted murder...
Having some experience in that department, I can personally vouch for the fact that, yes, a small thing can lead to deadly consequences. Obviously usually not caused by a single event, like an argument, but builds up over a period of weeks or years. But certainly can be unexpected to the family when it does occur.

Tragic situation for this family. Prayers lifted.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

it take more than one argument to reach the breaking point, there is more to this. When this is investigated and family and friends start talking people will realize that there were signs, they just either didn't want to admit, or see them. This probably could have been prevented had someone stepped in, but no one wants to "interfere"
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

SewTexas wrote:it take more than one argument to reach the breaking point, there is more to this. When this is investigated and family and friends start talking people will realize that there were signs, they just either didn't want to admit, or see them. This probably could have been prevented had someone stepped in, but no one wants to "interfere"
Speaking of signs, here's one:

"Police records revealed that deputies had been called multiple times in the past to the family’s home...."

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

More terrible news surfacing about this incident. The eldest daughter, Taylor Sheets, 22 and shot three times, was to have been married today. The Ft. Bend County Sheriff's Office had responded to 14 calls at the Sheets' residence since January 2012.

http://abc13.com/1403639/
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Sounds like she wanted to die and take everybody with her. There is obviously some type of mental disorder that no one is talking about yet, If you have to have the police out to your house 3-4 times a year, there is definitely a problem.

Prayers for all affected.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Skiprr wrote:More terrible news surfacing about this incident. The eldest daughter, Taylor Sheets, 22 and shot three times, was to have been married today. The Ft. Bend County Sheriff's Office had responded to 14 calls at the Sheets' residence since January 2012.

http://abc13.com/1403639/
This gets more tragic, if that's possible. I wonder if the report is correct about the father running to a cul-de-sac and his daughters laying in the road shot. That just doesn't pass the smell test.

Chas.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 3

Post by philip964 »

Facebook posts seem very normal for a Mom. But then you read in the ABC article about how she was and that would make sense.

Very sad that this woman was able to ruin these young lives.

Went back into the house and reloaded and came out and shot them again on the ground.

I was surprised the husband did not give his kids more time to run by sacrificing himself. I guess we are all different and no telling what any of us would do in a stressful situation like that.

Today was the eldest daughters wedding day.

Tragic.

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

There are nuts in every political interest group as well as most major religious affiliations. Where we go wrong is associating the nut political affiliation or religious organization.... At least in most cases...

brokedown48

Post by brokedown48 »

I have to agree with above post, I cant believe the dad didn't sacrifice himself, I know that I would give my life for my daughter, but we don't know the whole story yet, maybe he wasn't able too. Still a tragedy, my heart goes out ,to the family
NRA
TSRA
C&R

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Pawpaw »

In light of the wholesale emasculation of America, I'm not surprised.

Disgusted, yes. Surprised, no.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Return to “The Crime Blotter”