Fast Food Worker Spikes Cop's Drink with Meth

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Dave2
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Fast Food Worker Spikes Cop's Drink with Meth

Post by Dave2 »

Lynyrd wrote:I'm not for lawsuit abuse, but if I were a lawyer I would take a case to sue the employee, the store owner, and Subway.
Employers are not omniscient, and they can't do thorough searches when employees come in for work. Unless they knew he was going to do this, I don't see how they could've prevented it.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Lynyrd »

Dave2 wrote:
Lynyrd wrote:I'm not for lawsuit abuse, but if I were a lawyer I would take a case to sue the employee, the store owner, and Subway.
Employers are not omniscient, and they can't do thorough searches when employees come in for work. Unless they knew he was going to do this, I don't see how they could've prevented it.
It is not likely that a person who passed random drug testing would have done this. I may have to give a urine specimen on any given day.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Dave2
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Dave2 »

Lynyrd wrote:
Dave2 wrote:
It is not likely that a person who passed random drug testing would have done this. I may have to give a urine specimen on any given day.
I suspect that the kind of person who'd spike someone's drink probably wouldn't care if he fails a drug test.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

Dave2 wrote:
Lynyrd wrote:
Dave2 wrote:
I suspect that the kind of person who'd spike someone's drink probably wouldn't care if he fails a drug test.
While I agree that they would not care. If you have to pass a pre-employment drug screen, and keep passing random drug tests, I wouldn't think it would be likely that you would be bringing meth to work with you. But what the heck do I know about it. I've never touched illegal drugs in my life.

I'll shut up now. I'm just torched about this story.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

flechero
Posts in topic: 1

Post by flechero »

Javier730 wrote: I would say attempted murder.
Same here. Imagine if he was on a serious call when the drugs hit him? (horrible accident, active shooter, etc.)

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Lynyrd wrote:
Dave2 wrote:
Lynyrd wrote:
Dave2 wrote:
While I agree that they would not care. If you have to pass a pre-employment drug screen, and keep passing random drug tests, I wouldn't think it would be likely that you would be bringing meth to work with you. But what the heck do I know about it. I've never touched illegal drugs in my life.

I'll shut up now. I'm just torched about this story.
Perhaps it was pre-meditated? Perhaps the perp doesn't use drugs but bought or was supplied them for the sole purpose of attempted murder of a LEO?
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Lynyrd wrote::mad5 :mad5 :mad5 I got so angry reading this story that I had to go chew up a bunch of Tums.

Why the heck did a fast food worker have Meth while he was on the job? Don't they drug screen those people now days? I'm not for lawsuit abuse, but if I were a lawyer I would take a case to sue the employee, the store owner, and Subway.
I managed fast food restaurants for quite some time. No, there is no budget for drug testing, in fact, i am supprised most the time the employees even come to work! 7.50 an hour, what can you really expect from these people!

And yes, im sure the Subway will get sued. My either the PD, to recover medical costs and/or the cop for damages. Cops are people just like you and me! Subway will in turn sue the employee he was probably destitute anyway but it will just be done to make a point to other Subway employees.

On a side note: i hope that employee is harrassed everyday by the cops!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

TreyHouston wrote:On a side note: i hope that employee is harrassed everyday by the cops!
Bodycams off- check
Tasers on- check

Sir, can we speak to you for a moment over in this alley?
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

You get used to the spit after awhile.

I eat at only a couple of restaurants in uniform as I know the manager and he prepares my meal.

I hate going anywhere like the grocery store after work in uniform. It draws so much attention your situational awareness is so high you can't relax and focus on what you need. I take extra cloths now to change into before going anywhere after work.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

TexasGal

Post by TexasGal »

This makes me sick and alarmed. I feel absolutely terrible for that officer. Oh my gosh, what are we coming to when the good guys are so besieged by the evil in society that they can't even enjoy a simple meal without worrying? There are so many good folks who would gladly stand up for our LEOs but the little thugs like this do a lot of harm to their morale. We fly a flag in our front yard with the blue stripe and have a blue light in our window but it does occur to us that we may be targeted even just for that. We do it anyway so passing officers on their patrols know we care about them. I hope this little troll gets what is coming to him. :mad5 :mad5 :mad5
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

If Subway were smart, they would volunteer to cover the medical costs and the officer's salary while out of work and then some. Subway should also fire the guy and press charges. They need to go into damage control.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

remanifest

Post by remanifest »

This is infuriating! Like all the others in this thread, I find it really sad to see all the LEOs on here saying they aren't comfortable eating out in restaurants or even going grocery shopping. You guys should know that there are still those of us who teach our kids that you guys are heroes who help people every single day, and that you're the "good guys" who we can count on when we're in trouble... except when seconds count :)

Every time I see a police officer in the community, I thank them for what they do to keep my community safe. I want them to know how much the other good guys appreciate them, bottom line.

I can't get behind all the talk of drug testing & random drug testing, though. Many drugs have a short half-life that greatly decreases their likelihood of detection, thereby adding unnecessary expense to the employer.

I'm not a drug user, but I took plenty of random tests while in the military, and now will not work anywhere that seeks to invade my privacy as a matter of course. For my employees, my policy is simple: come to work intoxicated, you get fired immediately, and I'll mail you your final check. Zero problems, because we hire responsible adults who are of good character.
"They will not force us, and they will stop degrading us. They will not control us, and we will be victorious. Rise up and take the power back. We have to unify and watch our flag ascend."
- Muse - Uprising

goose

Post by goose »

This.
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

I have good friends that are LEOs here locally, many were not when we met. one of the first times we went to dinner post on the job more than a year, and i think the first time since he had gone on the job.. My wife and I, sitting with a our friends (couple both Leo) and two LEO friends of there's enjoying the evening and about to order.. I made the Faux pas of "announcing" they were cops in some minor way I don't even remember, what i do remember is being chastised for doing so, and a snippet of why is was a bad idea. While I in some small way understood dumb people do dumb things and some waiter mad they got a speeding ticket on the way to work might spit on a sandwich.... I did not think it was common, relevant issue to be guarded against actively, not just passively.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

:iagree:
goose wrote:
This.
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

Return to “The Crime Blotter”