What Would You Do?

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
JakeTheSnake
Posts in topic: 4

What Would You Do?

Post by JakeTheSnake »

What would you do if you looked at your security camera and saw this?
This is from a post in my area. One is in the truck while another is standing watch. There is at least one other in a car in front of the truck, in the street. The one standing watch is looking at the front door.
I'm pretty sure the one in the car can see the side gate from the backyard.
My first reaction is I would want to go out there, but they do have it covered.
IMG_0271.JPG

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Re: What Would You Do?

Post by Keith B »

Turn on lights and make noise so they know you are on to them. BUT, stay locked in the house and on the phone with 911
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Mxrdad

Post by Mxrdad »

Keith B wrote:Turn on lights and make noise so they know you are on to them. BUT, stay locked in the house and on the phone with 911
And armed of course.
Just some guy's opinion.

jmra
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jmra »

Mxrdad wrote:
Keith B wrote:Turn on lights and make noise so they know you are on to them. BUT, stay locked in the house and on the phone with 911
And armed of course.
With a little dot on each chest. :mrgreen:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Mxrdad

Post by Mxrdad »

jmra wrote:
Mxrdad wrote:
And armed of course.
With a little dot on each chest. :mrgreen:
:smilelol5: Could you imagine if one of them looked over and saw that little dot? :shock:
Just some guy's opinion.

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

Put on my armor plates, sling my AR, have girlfriend get her pistol, call 911, and then flip on front lights. I'm not going to tip them off that I know something is going on until I am as prepared as I can be. They most likely will run off. However if they don't, I don't want to try to do all of that while they are kicking in the front door. I'm not going to willingly go outside and get into a 1 vs 4 gun fight if I don't have to. However if they decide they want to come inside all bets are off.
NRA Benefactor Member

thatguyoverthere

Post by thatguyoverthere »

Are you willing to kill in order to keep your truck? More importantly, are you willing to die in order to keep your truck? If not, let it go. Hard to swallow, I know. But may be the best option sometimes.

Topic author
JakeTheSnake

Post by JakeTheSnake »

This was not my situation, it was posted on Nextdoor a neighborhood network app.

These kids were breaking into vehicles in a nearby neighborhood. Our main concern is the little Snot with the gun is willing to kill someone for what little they may get out of someone's vehicle. What happens if someone doesn't even know they are there and walks out to let the dog out or go to work early? I worry for a innocents life.

gljjt

Post by gljjt »

Ensure we are both armed. Call 911. Wait for PD response without tipping the criminals, hoping the PD surprises them. Flip on lights if they approach the house, hoping they leave. If they try a forced entry, I would fire through the door/window from the side. You know they are armed. Active, armed defense begins at attempted entry.

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

gljjt wrote:Ensure we are both armed. Call 911. Wait for PD response without tipping the criminals, hoping the PD surprises them. Flip on lights if they approach the house, hoping they leave. If they try a forced entry, I would fire through the door/window from the side. You know they are armed. Active, armed defense begins at attempted entry.
I agree that calling the cops without tipping them off would have a greater chance in them apprehending the suspect. Wouldn't do much else other than watch unless the suspect tries to break in.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

jmra
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jmra »

thatguyoverthere wrote:Are you willing to kill in order to keep your truck? More importantly, are you willing to die in order to keep your truck? If not, let it go. Hard to swallow, I know. But may be the best option sometimes.
If it were my only means of putting food on the table for my family and I didn't have the funds to replace it, then yes.
That is not the case for me personally so I would answer no, but there are many who do fall into that category and I wouldn't blame them one bit for taking a stand.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

bmwrdr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bmwrdr »

Like many posted I would call 911, provide the address, a brief description of the scenario and especially let the 911 operator know I am armed to ensure police is informed.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Mxrdad

Post by Mxrdad »

That picture is a good example of showing what the Officers are up against when they show up. We can see the pistol because of the video, not sure the LEO would be able to see it when approaching. Scary stuff man.
Just some guy's opinion.

howdy

Post by howdy »

The LEO's need to know the BG's are armed. That kid might shoot the Police when they pull up.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Alf

Post by Alf »

This seems like the sort of situation where suppressed subsonics would excel. At least one is armed with a handgun, which makes it aggravated robbery, not just theft.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”