House Majority Whip Shot

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

RicoTX
Posts in topic: 1

Re: House Majority Whip Shot

Post by RicoTX »

I had a conversation with someone today while getting my hair cut, and it involved them stating that if someone tried that at a baseball game in Texas, they would have hundreds of guns pointed back at them. I had to inform them the sad news that in reality they would not. Even if the event was not a professional sports game, no doubt the venue would be posted because: it is a school, because school children visit sometimes, because the stadium is owned by the county or city and has an office for the local judge, because it is wrongly posted 51 percent, etc. My point was that our Texas government does not trust private citizens to carry guns...or else why have the restrictions? You either believe we are responsible adults or you don't.

I have decided to remove the gray area when I form an opinion of someone - you either support law abiding citizens carrying guns - or you don't. If you want us to have a license - that's fine - but don't treat us like idiots or criminals by putting restrictions on where we can carry. If you don't support that, you won't get my vote in the future - period. That goes for local government officials as well as State and Federal elected representatives. If that means I don't have a candidate to vote for - so be it. I honestly think until enough of us decide we want true Republicans elected, we will continue to get what we have now because they know they only have to be a little more "pro 2A" than the other candidates running for office.

Before you think I have done nothing to help our cause - I am directly responsible for 4 local governments around here removing signs and training their staff to know the law - even law enforcement who should have known the law already.

Yes, I know I will catch a lot of grief for this - no problem and I won't take it too personal :-)
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 15

Post by bblhd672 »

RicoTX wrote:I had a conversation with someone today while getting my hair cut, and it involved them stating that if someone tried that at a baseball game in Texas, they would have hundreds of guns pointed back at them. I had to inform them the sad news that in reality they would not. Even if the event was not a professional sports game, no doubt the venue would be posted because: it is a school, because school children visit sometimes, because the stadium is owned by the county or city and has an office for the local judge, because it is wrongly posted 51 percent, etc. My point was that our Texas government does not trust private citizens to carry guns...or else why have the restrictions? You either believe we are responsible adults or you don't.

I have decided to remove the gray area when I form an opinion of someone - you either support law abiding citizens carrying guns - or you don't. If you want us to have a license - that's fine - but don't treat us like idiots or criminals by putting restrictions on where we can carry. If you don't support that, you won't get my vote in the future - period. That goes for local government officials as well as State and Federal elected representatives. If that means I don't have a candidate to vote for - so be it. I honestly think until enough of us decide we want true Republicans elected, we will continue to get what we have now because they know they only have to be a little more "pro 2A" than the other candidates running for office.

Before you think I have done nothing to help our cause - I am directly responsible for 4 local governments around here removing signs and training their staff to know the law - even law enforcement who should have known the law already.

Yes, I know I will catch a lot of grief for this - no problem and I won't take it too personal :-)
Well, I for one appreciate that you are unwilling to stand by when others will, willing to speak when others won't and take actions while others speak. Elected officials should have people looking them right in the eyes telling them that they won't get your vote.
The left certainly isn't afraid to speak up and act on what they believe. :txflag:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

The Democrats and MSM are trying very hard to overthrow an elected President and they alone are responsible for this mess we have today. Entrenched Republicans are no different constantly jockeying for face time on these networks that continually pound the message of stolen elections and Russian collusion. We have too many selfish liberal Marxist takers indoctrinated by the education system and validated by media and Washington.

The collapse continues in too many areas of our society. We are well beyond any point of recovery and The Swamp will not be drained. The only thing draining is our morality along with the Liberty and Freedom of our children. Keep your families well armed and stocked. They're going to need it some day...
III

Jusme
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Jusme »

bblhd672 wrote:
philip964 wrote:http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/barry ... le/2625970

Congressman calls for DC to allow reciprocal concealed carry for lawmakers.

Silly me I just assumed Congressmen and Senators were allowed to conceal carry already.

Sitting ducks is right.
Sorry Congressman Loudermilk, if it's not allowed for all then you shouldn't have it either. How can an armed Representative represent his unarmed constituents?
That's not representation, that's called lording over the masses.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

I had to write this down after reading this morning:

"The remarkable good fortune - (that armed capitol police officers were ready to act, and the wounded are expected to recover) - also teaches again that the best defense against marauding men with guns is other men and women with guns."

WSJ Editorial "Their Finest Hour", June 15, 2017, regarding the shooting at the Republican baseball practice the day prior.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Jusme »

RicoTX wrote:I had a conversation with someone today while getting my hair cut, and it involved them stating that if someone tried that at a baseball game in Texas, they would have hundreds of guns pointed back at them. I had to inform them the sad news that in reality they would not. Even if the event was not a professional sports game, no doubt the venue would be posted because: it is a school, because school children visit sometimes, because the stadium is owned by the county or city and has an office for the local judge, because it is wrongly posted 51 percent, etc. My point was that our Texas government does not trust private citizens to carry guns...or else why have the restrictions? You either believe we are responsible adults or you don't.

You won't catch any grief from me. I fully agree, that if the State, feels that we must have "permission" in the form of a license, then it should be treated the same as a Peace Officer's license, and grant us the right to carry anywhere in the State. I still believe that private property owners, can "opt out" if they so desire, but any government owned property,, including schools, should be permissible for us to carry. That was why I was so disappointed in the last Legislative session. I got lip service from my reps, but no action. I will not forget during the next election cycle, and have already begun seeking out those who share my opinions.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

AndyC wrote:Seems that Crystal Griner, the female officer who is credited with stopping the attacker in Virginia yesterday is a lesbian and a minority. She did real well and I don't care about anything else; good job, lady, and thank you!
:thumbs2: :patriot: :txflag:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 7

Post by parabelum »

Hat tip Crystal. :tiphat:

Job well done!

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by puma guy »

I just saw that Congressman Scalise's injuries are far more severe than I had been hearing on the news. His pelvis was shattered by the bullet. Continued prayers for his doctors as they perform surgeries and for Rep Scalise and his loved ones.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by powerboatr »

news had a piece on his condition, i thought yesterday he had been grazed....
but now. He is lucky to not have bled out on the field.
bowel, bladder and maybe colon have been punctured. the bone repair will wait until the bleeding is stopped and the counts come back up.
so it appears the projectile did the taxi around action and did major damage.
HORRIBLE.
Prayers to him and his family, and the other injured folks.

Hats off to the capitol police that finally stopped him.
One would think, with that many congressmen gathered one place outside of the capital, that maybe a few more security persons would have been around. these folks were sitting ducks
good thing the shooter was a horrible shot. the 5 min video was almost non stop reports from the rifle.
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Nancy Pelosi returns to attack mode day after shooting.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06 ... t-her.html

The shooter is solely responsible for his actions, yet Nancy is never responsible for whatever outrageous comments spew forth from her pie hole.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Zombified

Post by Zombified »

When will the insanity end!

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/0 ... /22305640/

I chastised my wife for this very reason yesterday. She tried to blame Pres. Trump for all the insanity. I very sternly told her that people should be responsible for their own actions and stop blaming President Trump. Surprisingly I was not in the dog house after that.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Apparently all one has to do to gather targeting information is read the NYT.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/12/us/p ... .html?_r=0
When members of Congress practice in the early mornings in an Alexandria, Va., public park for their Congressional Baseball Game, plainclothes United States Capitol Police are sitting there in a black S.U.V.

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by powerboatr »

bblhd672 wrote:Apparently all one has to do to gather targeting information is read the NYT.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/12/us/p ... .html?_r=0
When members of Congress practice in the early mornings in an Alexandria, Va., public park for their Congressional Baseball Game, plainclothes United States Capitol Police are sitting there in a black S.U.V.
incredible, they make this way to easy, for unhinged people to create such deadly situations.
one congressman said one of the two gates were locked and if the shooter had been able to enter that gate, they were laying there like fish in a bowl so to speak.

i am amazed not more were injured or killed.
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Return to “The Crime Blotter”