KS:Witchta man dies after fake "Swatting" call

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Re: KS:Witchta man dies after fake "Swatting" call

Post by anygunanywhere »

hondo44 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:06 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:09 am
philip964 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:07 am https://news.yahoo.com/ohio-gamer-sente ... 55303.html

Ohio gamer gets 15 months prison for setting up swatting in Wichita after losing a $1.50 bet.
I bet that doofus is more upset about the two year restriction from playing video games than the 18 months in prison. Considering someone was killed as a result of his actions, I think the sentence is way to easy.
this one is really unfortunate because it doesn't tell the whole story. the kid had been cyber bullied, cyber stalked, doxxed and all his boxes were pwned. The whole thing really just got out of hand. I believe Congressman Tyson got involved at some point, but he's a humble man.
Wow. I guess he is excused for this then. Poor thing.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

anygunanywhere wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:41 am
hondo44 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:06 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:09 am
philip964 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:07 am https://news.yahoo.com/ohio-gamer-sente ... 55303.html

Ohio gamer gets 15 months prison for setting up swatting in Wichita after losing a $1.50 bet.
I bet that doofus is more upset about the two year restriction from playing video games than the 18 months in prison. Considering someone was killed as a result of his actions, I think the sentence is way to easy.
this one is really unfortunate because it doesn't tell the whole story. the kid had been cyber bullied, cyber stalked, doxxed and all his boxes were pwned. The whole thing really just got out of hand. I believe Congressman Tyson got involved at some point, but he's a humble man.
Wow. I guess he is excused for this then. Poor thing.
Yeah. Poor thing. He was just misunderstood.

LDB415
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LDB415 »

hondo44 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:06 am this one is really unfortunate because it doesn't tell the whole story. the kid had been cyber bullied, cyber stalked, doxxed and all his boxes were pwned. The whole thing really just got out of hand. I believe Congressman Tyson got involved at some point, but he's a humble man.
So you take some money and the claim ticket and go redeem your stuff from the pawn shop. Yeah, I know, that probably means something else totally stupid and pointless that shouldn't be part of any intelligent conversation.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 5

Post by philip964 »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... e-twitter/

Elderly Tennessee man is Swatted by UK minor working for a Tennessee man wanting the elderly mans Twitter handle @ Tennessee.

Swat surrounds his house and he has a heart attack. UK minor told authorities he had killed some one and would detonate pipe bombs if arrested.

This occurs after multiple harassments in an attempt to get the valuable handle.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”