FL: Active shooter at high school in South Florida

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Greybeard
Posts in topic: 1

Re: FL: Active shooter at high school in South Florida

Post by Greybeard »

CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

bigtek
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bigtek »

I hope Broward Fire/Rescue doesn't cross train with the SO. Can you imagine?

Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Fa la la la la la la la la!
Strike a match and see who's missin'
Fa la la la la la la la la!

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Pawpaw »

The FAIL just keeps on adding up...

Serial Failure: Here's How Government Totally Dropped The Ball In Stopping Florida Shooter

The newest addition to the fail list is that local authorities knew he was mentally unstable, but failed to follow-up. That follow-up could have included invoking the BakerAct. He could have been committed and prevented from ever buying a gun.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

C-dub
Posts in topic: 9

Post by C-dub »

I haven't read the last 5-6 pages of this thread, so I don't know if this has been posted yet.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ssacre-gun
Florida Teachers’ Pension Fund Invested in Maker of School Massacre Gun
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Sheriff Israel claims no responsibility for the failures of his department and even thinks he's a good leader.
Tapper, the anchor of “State of the Union, shot back that he had no idea what that meant and said with 17 dead, did the sheriff think he could have done something differently in light of the all red flags raised about accused shooter Nikolas Cruz.

“We understand everything wasn’t done perfectly,” Israel responded — then added, that’s life.
https://nypost.com/2018/02/25/florida-s ... interview/

This guy is a disgrace to all those who wear a badge.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

jason812 wrote:Sheriff Israel claims no responsibility for the failures of his department and even thinks he's a good leader.
Tapper, the anchor of “State of the Union, shot back that he had no idea what that meant and said with 17 dead, did the sheriff think he could have done something differently in light of the all red flags raised about accused shooter Nikolas Cruz.

“We understand everything wasn’t done perfectly,” Israel responded — then added, that’s life.

This guy is a disgrace to humanity and I am offended that he's breathing the same air I do.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 15

Post by anygunanywhere »

Pawpaw wrote:
jason812 wrote:Sheriff Israel claims no responsibility for the failures of his department and even thinks he's a good leader.

This guy is a disgrace to humanity and I am offended that he's breathing the same air I do.
Shining example of the best of the leftards.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 7

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/high- ... le/2649985
Andrew Pollack, the father of Meadow Pollack who was killed during the Parkland, Fla., high school shooting, ripped into the media for its fixation on gun control rather than discussing policies that specifically address school safety.

"It's not going to be fixed because I just heard what you said, what you are focusing on, polarizing this event, the murder of these kids. You're talking about gun control," Pollack told Chris Wallace on "Fox News Sunday."
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

https://twitter.com/richardcorcoran/sta ... 4151774210

Florida Speaker calls on Gov. Rick Scott to suspend Sheriff Israel.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 15

Post by anygunanywhere »

Flightmare wrote:https://twitter.com/richardcorcoran/sta ... 4151774210

Florida Speaker calls on Gov. Rick Scott to suspend Sheriff Israel.
Finally some common sense.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Hopefully that sheriff and those 4 deputies will live long lives filled with regret mulling over how many lives they might have saved had they done their jobs.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

I have a GREAT IDEA! Why dont we ban the gun the cop had. His gun obviously does not do its job!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Boxerrider

Post by Boxerrider »

Why haven't the campus principal and district superintendent been fired over this? All I can find about them is gun-blaming and hug-promising. Are they not the two people most responsible for providing a safe school? Why is the media treating them like victims?
Nothing will change until their feet are held to the fire.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 7

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Can this get any worse?

https://www.dailywire.com/news/27610/pa ... stigiacomo
We were asking to go in. Asking the scene commander to go in. Why are we all standing around? Why are we not having patients to treat? Why are we not going into the building and retrieving these kids? The response every time was law enforcement did not clear the scene and would not allow medical personnel in.
"Broward County sheriff's deputies were supposedly told not to enter Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School unless they had body cameras on, which they did not have," reported The Daily Wire. "Ingraham also revealed that police 'lost radio transmissions' during the shooting, which also happened at the mass shooting at Fort Lauderdale airport shooting last year, which is also in Broward County."
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Return to “The Crime Blotter”