FL: Active shooter at high school in South Florida

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 41
Posts: 6847
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: FL: Active shooter at high school in South Florida

#181

Post by philip964 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:41 pm

http://www.kvia.com/news/el-paso/umc-an ... /732734213

El Paso middle school student dies during school gun protest, struck by a truck.

Students went beyond approved protest zone and I think crossed an interstate highway, if I read it right.

User avatar

rtschl
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 743
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:50 pm
Location: Fort Worth

Re: FL: Active shooter at high school in South Florida

#182

Post by rtschl » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:34 pm

Kyle Kashuv, the pro 2A survivor of the Parkland shooting was ordered to the principal's office today and questioned by the SRO and another SRO and then by Broward County Sheriff's officer because he went to a gun range and fired an AR15 with his dad. He posted it on his social media that he went to a gun range for the first time to learn how to fire a gun.

Near the end of third period, my teacher got a call from the office saying I need to go down and see a Mr. Greenleaf. I didn’t know Mr. Greenleaf, but it turned out that he was an armed school resource officer. I went down and found him, and he escorted me to his office. Then a second security officer walked in and sat behind me. Both began questioning me intensely. First, they began berating my tweet, although neither of them had read it; then they began aggressively asking questions about who I went to the range with, whose gun we used, about my father, etc. They were incredibly condescending and rude.
Then a third officer from the Broward County Sheriff’s Office walked in, and began asking me the same questions again...


https://www.dailywire.com/news/29790/br ... daily-wire

This is a young man who respectfully has met with both sides of the aisle to actually do something about school safety without infringing the Second. They grill him for a legal activity with his father but ignored the shooter repeatedly. :banghead: :mad5
Ron
NRA Member

User avatar

Beiruty
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 8755
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:22 pm
Location: Allen, Texas

Re: FL: Active shooter at high school in South Florida

#183

Post by Beiruty » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:02 pm

rtschl wrote:Kyle Kashuv, the pro 2A survivor of the Parkland shooting was ordered to the principal's office today and questioned by the SRO and another SRO and then by Broward County Sheriff's officer because he went to a gun range and fired an AR15 with his dad. He posted it on his social media that he went to a gun range for the first time to learn how to fire a gun.

Near the end of third period, my teacher got a call from the office saying I need to go down and see a Mr. Greenleaf. I didn’t know Mr. Greenleaf, but it turned out that he was an armed school resource officer. I went down and found him, and he escorted me to his office. Then a second security officer walked in and sat behind me. Both began questioning me intensely. First, they began berating my tweet, although neither of them had read it; then they began aggressively asking questions about who I went to the range with, whose gun we used, about my father, etc. They were incredibly condescending and rude.
Then a third officer from the Broward County Sheriff’s Office walked in, and began asking me the same questions again...


https://www.dailywire.com/news/29790/br ... daily-wire

This is a young man who respectfully has met with both sides of the aisle to actually do something about school safety without infringing the Second. They grill him for a legal activity with his father but ignored the shooter repeatedly. :banghead: :mad5
Request a lawyer and keep silent. Ask to leave if he is not under arrest.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

User avatar

Keith B
Moderator
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 17985
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:29 pm

Re: FL: Active shooter at high school in South Florida

#184

Post by Keith B » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:18 pm

rtschl wrote:Kyle Kashuv, the pro 2A survivor of the Parkland shooting was ordered to the principal's office today and questioned by the SRO and another SRO and then by Broward County Sheriff's officer because he went to a gun range and fired an AR15 with his dad. He posted it on his social media that he went to a gun range for the first time to learn how to fire a gun.

Near the end of third period, my teacher got a call from the office saying I need to go down and see a Mr. Greenleaf. I didn’t know Mr. Greenleaf, but it turned out that he was an armed school resource officer. I went down and found him, and he escorted me to his office. Then a second security officer walked in and sat behind me. Both began questioning me intensely. First, they began berating my tweet, although neither of them had read it; then they began aggressively asking questions about who I went to the range with, whose gun we used, about my father, etc. They were incredibly condescending and rude.
Then a third officer from the Broward County Sheriff’s Office walked in, and began asking me the same questions again...


https://www.dailywire.com/news/29790/br ... daily-wire

This is a young man who respectfully has met with both sides of the aisle to actually do something about school safety without infringing the Second. They grill him for a legal activity with his father but ignored the shooter repeatedly. :banghead: :mad5
This is being discussed in this topic viewtopic.php?f=94&t=92293
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

User avatar

Flightmare
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 1988
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Plano, TX

Re: FL: Active shooter at high school in South Florida

#185

Post by Flightmare » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:14 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/26/us/browa ... index.html
Broward County sheriff's deputies took a largely symbolic vote of no confidence against embattled Sheriff Scott Israel, but their leader says he plans to press the issue with Florida Gov. Rick Scott and ask him to reconsider the sheriff's position.

The Broward Sheriff's Office Deputies Association vote was 534-94, with union President Jeff Bell vowing to ask Scott to consider removing Israel and praising the "great courage" of members who voted "under threat of retaliation and reprisal."
Deplorable lunatic since 2016


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 41
Posts: 6847
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: FL: Active shooter at high school in South Florida

#186

Post by philip964 » Tue May 08, 2018 9:05 am

http://wlrn.org/post/stoneman-douglas-s ... icials-now

Parkland shooter was assigned to an Obama era leniency program to avoid disciplining minority students. Ordinarily he would have been arrested and if found guilty would have been a felon and would have been unable to legally own a gun.

It is reprehensible that these comparisons are being made against this fine program.


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 9
Posts: 1444
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: FL: Active shooter at high school in South Florida

#187

Post by TreyHouston » Tue May 08, 2018 8:13 pm

Flightmare wrote:https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/26/us/browa ... index.html
Broward County sheriff's deputies took a largely symbolic vote of no confidence against embattled Sheriff Scott Israel, but their leader says he plans to press the issue with Florida Gov. Rick Scott and ask him to reconsider the sheriff's position.

The Broward Sheriff's Office Deputies Association vote was 534-94, with union President Jeff Bell vowing to ask Scott to consider removing Israel and praising the "great courage" of members who voted "under threat of retaliation and reprisal."
What does that even mean??? “voting to call consider removal”???? :???:

I re read this a few times and STILL DO NOT UNDERSTAND . Just disregard this statemen. I don't understand anything anymore
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

User avatar

Paladin
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 16
Posts: 2269
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:02 pm
Location: DFW

Re: FL: Active shooter at high school in South Florida

#188

Post by Paladin » Tue May 08, 2018 9:15 pm

Flightmare wrote:https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/26/us/browa ... index.html
Broward County sheriff's deputies took a largely symbolic vote of no confidence against embattled Sheriff Scott Israel, but their leader says he plans to press the issue with Florida Gov. Rick Scott and ask him to reconsider the sheriff's position.

The Broward Sheriff's Office Deputies Association vote was 534-94, with union President Jeff Bell vowing to ask Scott to consider removing Israel and praising the "great courage" of members who voted "under threat of retaliation and reprisal."
That's a pretty solid vote of no confidence. Israel needs to go. I think basket weaving better aligns with his skillset
NRA Endowment, TSRA Life, GOA Life Member
Texas State Guard

User avatar

Allons
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1194
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:03 pm
Location: San Antonio

Re: FL: Active shooter at high school in South Florida

#189

Post by Allons » Tue May 08, 2018 9:21 pm

Paladin wrote:
Flightmare wrote:https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/26/us/browa ... index.html
Broward County sheriff's deputies took a largely symbolic vote of no confidence against embattled Sheriff Scott Israel, but their leader says he plans to press the issue with Florida Gov. Rick Scott and ask him to reconsider the sheriff's position.

The Broward Sheriff's Office Deputies Association vote was 534-94, with union President Jeff Bell vowing to ask Scott to consider removing Israel and praising the "great courage" of members who voted "under threat of retaliation and reprisal."
That's a pretty solid vote of no confidence. Israel needs to go. I think basket weaving better aligns with his skillset
534-94: I don't see why you would want to stay.
EDC'S: Dan Wesson CCO, CZ-P07, XDS-45 MOD 2, SCCY CPX-2 , MP Shield-45
Home Defense: Mossberg 930 SPX
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999
Image


Soccerdad1995
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 3567
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: FL: Active shooter at high school in South Florida

#190

Post by Soccerdad1995 » Tue May 08, 2018 10:49 pm

Allons wrote:
Paladin wrote:
Flightmare wrote:https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/26/us/browa ... index.html
Broward County sheriff's deputies took a largely symbolic vote of no confidence against embattled Sheriff Scott Israel, but their leader says he plans to press the issue with Florida Gov. Rick Scott and ask him to reconsider the sheriff's position.

The Broward Sheriff's Office Deputies Association vote was 534-94, with union President Jeff Bell vowing to ask Scott to consider removing Israel and praising the "great courage" of members who voted "under threat of retaliation and reprisal."
That's a pretty solid vote of no confidence. Israel needs to go. I think basket weaving better aligns with his skillset
534-94: I don't see why you would want to stay.
To borrow a phrase from "An officer and a gentleman", perhaps he has no where else to go

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=an ... &FORM=VIRE
Ding dong, the witch is dead

User avatar

Allons
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1194
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:03 pm
Location: San Antonio

Re: FL: Active shooter at high school in South Florida

#191

Post by Allons » Wed May 09, 2018 5:58 am

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
Allons wrote:
Paladin wrote:
Flightmare wrote:https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/26/us/browa ... index.html
Broward County sheriff's deputies took a largely symbolic vote of no confidence against embattled Sheriff Scott Israel, but their leader says he plans to press the issue with Florida Gov. Rick Scott and ask him to reconsider the sheriff's position.

The Broward Sheriff's Office Deputies Association vote was 534-94, with union President Jeff Bell vowing to ask Scott to consider removing Israel and praising the "great courage" of members who voted "under threat of retaliation and reprisal."
That's a pretty solid vote of no confidence. Israel needs to go. I think basket weaving better aligns with his skillset
534-94: I don't see why you would want to stay.
To borrow a phrase from "An officer and a gentleman", perhaps he has no where else to go

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=an ... &FORM=VIRE
Funny, and probably true.
EDC'S: Dan Wesson CCO, CZ-P07, XDS-45 MOD 2, SCCY CPX-2 , MP Shield-45
Home Defense: Mossberg 930 SPX
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999
Image


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 41
Posts: 6847
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: FL: Active shooter at high school in South Florida

#192

Post by philip964 » Sat May 12, 2018 2:30 pm

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 604649002/

His daughter died at Parkland. Her father seeks accountability.

Not the article I expected from USA Today.

He has filed a lawsuit against the deputy who stayed out side.


chasfm11
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 3316
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:01 pm
Location: Northern DFW

Re: FL: Active shooter at high school in South Florida

#193

Post by chasfm11 » Sun May 13, 2018 6:32 am

philip964 wrote:https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 604649002/

His daughter died at Parkland. Her father seeks accountability.

Not the article I expected from USA Today.

He has filed a lawsuit against the deputy who stayed out side.
I appreciate that he didn't jump on the gun control bandwagon as others have. He is doing the work that the school and the sheriff's department should be doing to try to understand what happened so that plans can be put into place to prevent similar incidents. If that kind of analysis had been done at each of the previous shootings and turned into positive recommendations for school safety, the schools would be safer today.

I hope that he gets that backing to take on the FBI, too. I view their failure in this tragedy to be as great if not greater than the sheriff and his staff. As some point the FBI needs to be accountable for its mission failures. We can start with this one.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dun Spiro Spero

User avatar

bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 10
Posts: 3990
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: TX

Re: FL: Active shooter at high school in South Florida

#194

Post by bblhd672 » Sun May 13, 2018 7:53 am

David Hogg: Parkland shooting survivor David Hogg nabs book deal on making of #NeverAgain movement
The book will be available in the fiction section.
“Manliness consists not in bluff, bravado or loneliness. It consists in daring to do the right thing and facing consequences whether it is in matters social, political or other. It consists in deeds not words.” – Mahatma Gandhi

User avatar

JustSomeOldGuy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 916
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:49 am

Re: FL: Active shooter at high school in South Florida

#195

Post by JustSomeOldGuy » Sun May 13, 2018 12:47 pm

bblhd672 wrote:
David Hogg: Parkland shooting survivor David Hogg nabs book deal on making of #NeverAgain movement
The book will be available in the fantasy section.
Fixed it for you. :biggrinjester:
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Post Reply

Return to “The Crime Blotter”