Possible Active Shooter at Youtube HQ

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

cyphertext
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Possible Active Shooter at Youtube HQ

Post by cyphertext »

mojo84 wrote:Or murderer or killer.
Nobody died, so she is neither a murderer or killer...

mojo84
Posts in topic: 6

Post by mojo84 »

cyphertext wrote:
mojo84 wrote:Or murderer or killer.
Nobody died, so she is neither a murderer or killer...
Good point. However, she tried to kill others and then she did kill herself.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

ELB
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ELB »

Did nobody bother to tell YouTube HQ that about a possible threat? I have no love for YT, they are part of the Evil Empire, but didn't the family and the cops have a moral, if not legal, duty to tell YT that they were in danger?
USAF 1982-2005

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Oldgringo »

canvasbck wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:"The gunman, a woman,....." Now there's a contradiction in terms if I ever heard one! :roll:

We're yuckin' it up about this, et al, but sooner or later, "a hard rain's gonna fall"......and it ain't gonna' pretty.
Gunwomyn? Gunperson?
How about, "The shooter, a woman..."
Don't worry, some University will give us an appropriate list of gender neutral pronouns that are acceptable.

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/cnsnewscom ... unds-henry
Is it me or is our once great country spiraling into unabridged and self-destructive stupidity? I'm glad I'm elderly and have lived in the best days of this once great land.

strogg

Post by strogg »

Oldgringo wrote:Is it me or is our once great country spiraling into unabridged and self-destructive stupidity? I'm glad I'm elderly and have lived in the best days of this once great land.
It's not just you. I feel your exact sentiment. If only I was elderly, though; I still have decades of stupidity to look forward to.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

ELB wrote:Did nobody bother to tell YouTube HQ that about a possible threat? I have no love for YT, they are part of the Evil Empire, but didn't the family and the cops have a moral, if not legal, duty to tell YT that they were in danger?
It's my understanding reports were made to the police.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

ELB

Post by ELB »

mojo84 wrote:
ELB wrote:Did nobody bother to tell YouTube HQ that about a possible threat? I have no love for YT, they are part of the Evil Empire, but didn't the family and the cops have a moral, if not legal, duty to tell YT that they were in danger?
Yes, but the police weren't the target, and it's hard to tell exactly what the family told the police and when they told them. But somebody knew she was a danger to YT. Did they tell the people actually in danger?
USAF 1982-2005

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

ELB wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
Yes, but the police weren't the target, and it's hard to tell exactly what the family told the police and when they told them. But somebody knew she was a danger to YT. Did they tell the people actually in danger?
I have no idea. It would be interesting to know.

Sounds like they don't give any specific info. https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/04/us/youtu ... index.html

Topic author
rtschl
Posts in topic: 7

Post by rtschl »

The father and brother both say they told police she was very angry and once told they located her near Mountain View (YouTube HQ), they said she might try to target YouTube.

Police have a different take:

"At no point during our roughly 20 minute interaction with her did she mention anything about YouTube, if she was upset with them, or that she had planned to harm herself or others," said the Mountain View police. "Throughout our entire interaction with her, she was calm and cooperative."

Police say that while they did speak to both the father and brother, "at no point did her father or brother mention anything about potential acts of violence or a possibility of [the suspect] lashing out as a result of her issues with her (YouTube) videos."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/29069/yo ... es-barrett
Ron
NRA Member

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

rtschl wrote:The father and brother both say they told police she was very angry and once told they located her near Mountain View (YouTube HQ), they said she might try to target YouTube.

"At no point during our roughly 20 minute interaction with her did she mention anything about YouTube, if she was upset with them, or that she had planned to harm herself or others," said the Mountain View police. "Throughout our entire interaction with her, she was calm and cooperative."

Police say that while they did speak to both the father and brother, "at no point did her father or brother mention anything about potential acts of violence or a possibility of [the suspect] lashing out as a result of her issues with her (YouTube) videos."

Of course no one is taking responsibility. Did you honestly think someone would?
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

philip964

Post by philip964 »

So was she ever married?

Divorced?

She was very pretty. Her only job was You tube videos?

My You Tube friends are telling me everyone under 1000 followers is demonitised. Apparently fairly recent event. But it’s everyone not just this woman.

A friend works part time for a couple who quit their jobs to work full time on YouTube. They unbox toys and play with them while videoing it. Apparently make a whole lot of money, some of their ve dips have 3-4 million views.

Mine have 300-1000 views, I have 0 followers.

I haven’t done the eye test, but I judge crazy just from the way pictures I’ve seen holding chickens etc.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

rtschl wrote:The father and brother both say they told police she was very angry and once told they located her near Mountain View (YouTube HQ), they said she might try to target YouTube.

It was in Kalifornia, "The Land of Fruits and Nuts". The local police may not know the difference between a fruit and a nut? :roll:

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Follow-up
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/10/co ... heart.html
Northern California authorities say a woman who shot and wounded three people at YouTube headquarters died of a self-inflicted gunshot to the heart at the scene of the shooting.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

ELB

Post by ELB »

My first thought is "Why was she running around loose?" I mean, I know the California answer (ban guns for normals, let violent lunatics run free), but jeepers. At least she didn't take anyone with her.

Oh wait. I had forgotten she died during the original event. When I first read the post above, I thought her suicide just happened. It's just that the autopsy results have just been released. My bad.
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “The Crime Blotter”