NYC: Anti Semitic attacks increase. Would this happen if NY was shall issue

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

NYC: Anti Semitic attacks increase. Would this happen if NY was shall issue

Post by philip964 »

anygunanywhere

Re: NYC: Anti Semitic attacks increase. Would this happen if NY was shall issue

Post by anygunanywhere »

New York shall issue?

Never happen.

Where else would the crooked licensing cops and prosecutors extort their play money?

3 Ex-Officers and Ex-Prosecutor Are Charged Over Gun Licenses

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/25/nyre ... ation.html
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

strogg

Post by strogg »

“No, not at all. In between these two incidents, there are so many others. Many of them don’t get reported,” Hikind said.
So in the FBI crime stats, it shows that densely populated areas (aka leftist havens) are known to be more prone to violent crimes (or any crimes, really) than less densely populated areas. Is it possible that the difference is much greater than expected due to unreported crimes? I can see unreported property crimes, but this Hikind fellow is talking about unreported VIOLENT crimes. It seems to me that crimes are more likely to be reported and also more likely to be properly handled and investigated by police in less densely populated areas. In big cities, it's a known fact that police will only address certain kinds of crimes. For the most part, they just collect the information to find statistical trends unless it's a huge crime, in which case they'll actually investigate.

equin

Post by equin »

Disturbing. I'm not Jewish and admit ignorance when I say I just don't understand the hatred some have toward those of the Jewish faith. Anyway, it's a shame they live in a place that won't let them arm themselves for self defense.
Ed

J.R.@A&M

Post by J.R.@A&M »

It still might if you assume that there also is a cultural bias among American Jews and/or Easterners against guns. That is, that they are just not gun people. I am basing this assumption on the writings of a very small sample of American Jewish column writers.

Of course, there are always exceptions. The best one I can think of is the Hollywood screenwriter who wrote “A Jew Without A Gun.” It is worth the googling.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

Ed4032

Post by Ed4032 »

Situation awareness would help, but these animals are given free reign to terrorize sheep. If they are this brazen then we should have the right to use deadly force to protect yourself. Just my opinion. But I won’t live there.
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 6

Post by RoyGBiv »

The Orthodox community of Crown Heights is not known for being open minded or easy to get along with. I'm not saying this isn't anti-semitism, I'm just suggesting that the events likely have more shades than just black and white.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Bitter Clinger »

RoyGBiv wrote:The Orthodox community of Crown Heights is not known for being open minded or easy to get along with. I'm not saying this isn't anti-semitism, I'm just suggesting that the events likely have more shades than just black and white.
Really? Blame the victim? Do you remember Meir Kahane? An Orthodox Jew from NYC who founded the Jewish Defense League there and was assassinated by an Egyptian born American citizen? That Egyptian also shot a pursuing NYPD officer in the chest. Let's not be so quick to fall into the trap of bashing the victim. My only criticism would be to ask; "why would you continue to live there?".
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote:The Orthodox community of Crown Heights is not known for being open minded or easy to get along with. I'm not saying this isn't anti-semitism, I'm just suggesting that the events likely have more shades than just black and white.
Really? Blame the victim? Do you remember Meir Kahane? An Orthodox Jew from NYC who founded the Jewish Defense League there and was assassinated by an Egyptian born American citizen? That Egyptian also shot a pursuing NYPD officer in the chest. Let's not be so quick to fall into the trap of bashing the victim. My only criticism would be to ask; "why would you continue to live there?".
Not only am I Jewish, I also grew up in Queens. I'm familiar with the Orthodox community involved in this incident. (ETA: And I would not wish to have them as neighbors).

I'm only suggesting that, possibly, the incident was not entirely about anti-antisemitism. That possibly there are non-religious tensions between groups there, and that just because one of the groups has a religious affiliation, that the crime was not necessarily religiously motivated. Or perhaps it was.

rotor

Post by rotor »

As a New York City born Jew, The Bronx and Manhattan, I would say that Jews in general would not get a handgun even if they could. My grandfather had a luncheonette in The Bronx, was frequently robbed and was offered a handgun license by police and refused. Of course that was 75 years ago. Who knows now. I know that firearms in my family were virtually non-existent. I think it is a cultural thing. Logically one would think that Jews would be the first to want a firearm since so many had family killed by the Nazi's but at least in the U.S. they had an aversion to guns. I guess I am the exception. I was taught firearms in cub scout camp and traveled the subway and elevated trains with my Marlin 22 rifle purchased at age 12 without a background check or even my parents being present. There was one firing range in lower Manhattan at that time that I could shoot at. And it was small. We are talking over 60 years ago.

To be realistic though, even if one could get a LTC in NYC, where would one ever go to practice? It would be a nightmare for the average citizen to find a place to actually fire their weapon. I doubt that a bunch of ranges would open up. In Texas it is easy but in NYC? It's almost impossible to park a car let alone shoot a gun.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

rotor wrote: I think it is a cultural thing.
Tangent...

I was ASTOUNDED by the support Obama received from the Jewish community in 2012, long after his anti-Israel bona-fides had been firmly established.

My mother had to leave the room whenever politics came up. Not one of her social groups (predominantly Jewish community in FL) had another anti-Obama (or anti-Hillary in 2016) voter.

Inexplicable.

/tangent.

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

RoyGBiv wrote:
rotor wrote: I think it is a cultural thing.
Tangent...

I was ASTOUNDED by the support Obama received from the Jewish community in 2012, long after his anti-Israel bona-fides had been firmly established.

My mother had to leave the room whenever politics came up. Not one of her social groups (predominantly Jewish community in FL) had another anti-Obama (or anti-Hillary in 2016) voter.

Inexplicable.

/tangent.
:iagree:

I have a lot of Jewish friends and I was shocked at the support Obama had,

cheezit

Post by cheezit »

rotor wrote:As a New York City born Jew, The Bronx and Manhattan, I would say that Jews in general would not get a handgun even if they could. My grandfather had a luncheonette in The Bronx, was frequently robbed and was offered a handgun license by police and refused. Of course that was 75 years ago. Who knows now. I know that firearms in my family were virtually non-existent. I think it is a cultural thing. Logically one would think that Jews would be the first to want a firearm since so many had family killed by the Nazi's but at least in the U.S. they had an aversion to guns. I guess I am the exception. I was taught firearms in cub scout camp and traveled the subway and elevated trains with my Marlin 22 rifle purchased at age 12 without a background check or even my parents being present. There was one firing range in lower Manhattan at that time that I could shoot at. And it was small. We are talking over 60 years ago.

To be realistic though, even if one could get a LTC in NYC, where would one ever go to practice? It would be a nightmare for the average citizen to find a place to actually fire their weapon. I doubt that a bunch of ranges would open up. In Texas it is easy but in NYC? It's almost impossible to park a car let alone shoot a gun.
Also Jewish, also have family in the same ny area. You might be surprised but plenty of jews with firearms in the there, my take has always been they just don't talk about it at all.
And Im with you all, I don't understand the love the community has for the DNC.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Bitter Clinger »

American Jews have historically been Democrats since WWII. It goes back to Roosevelt and the defeat of Hitler. If you are a Democrat, you are likely to favor gun control. The Democratic party is losing Jewish support now, thanks to the moronic and treasonous Obama foreign policy that favored Iranian nukes and the Muslim Brotherhood (CAIR in the US) over Jewish and American lives.

Just like any other ethnic and religious group, Jews are hardly monolithic. Jewish Democratic pols stand out in their desire to violate our 2nd Amendment Rights. They are wrong and they are stupid, and they may well be evil.

"RESISTANCE TO TYRANNY IS OBEDIENCE TO GOD". The quote is attributed to Thomas Jefferson. I like to think it originated with the Macabees about 150 years before the time of Jesus.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

IMO, the Jewish affinity for the Democrat party is a reaction (justified or not) to the perception that the Republican party wants to advocate and is willing to to legislate for Christianity in public institutions. JMHO. YMMV.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”