CO: Aurora Police kill Homeowner that killed Intruder

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
gtolbert09
Posts in topic: 1

CO: Aurora Police kill Homeowner that killed Intruder

Post by gtolbert09 »

https://kdvr.com/2018/07/30/aurora-poli ... in-aurora/
The Aurora Police Department said it arrived to 10609 E. Montview Blvd. shortly after 1:30 a.m. Monday and heard shots fired from inside the home and encountered an armed man.

Police shot the man, who later turned out to be the resident. The homeowner was taken to a hospital with gunshot wounds where he later died.

When police went inside the home, they found the intruder, who was dead on the bathroom floor. Police said the intruder was fatally shot by the armed resident, police said.
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

montgomery

Re: CO: Aurora Police kill Homeowner that killed Intruder

Post by montgomery »

Lesson 1: give a good description of yourself including your LTC or driver's license number when calling 9-1-1

Lesson 2: do not have a gun in your hands when police arrive

flechero
Posts in topic: 3

Post by flechero »

If the story is accurate and they were there when the shots were fired, there may not have been enough time for the homeowner to verify the intruder was solo... before police "encountered an armed man."

My question would be 1.did they announce their presence and 2. tell him to drop it before shooting him? I know things can happen fast but I doubt the homeowner fired or threatened to fire at police.

dlh

Post by dlh »

Would like to watch any body-cam video of this one and the "dashboard audio" if such exists.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

I'm trying to imagine the scenario of entering and shooting, but I'm going to wait for the full report and body cam.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

flechero

Post by flechero »

dlh wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:32 pm Would like to watch any body-cam video of this one and the "dashboard audio" if such exists.
Me too. Either way, what a tragedy for the family.... the guy successfully defends himself and family from a home invasion, only to fall to "friendly fire." Suckahoy!

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I hope there's more to this story that makes it ok for the local L.E. do what they did.

If not, they all need to be investigated, tried and if found guilty of wrong doing, pay the price!

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Abraham wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:48 pm I hope there's more to this story that makes it ok for the local L.E. do what they did.

If not, they all need to be investigated, tried and if found guilty of wrong doing, pay the price!
:iagree: The popo arrived as shots were being fired? Who called 'em that they got there that quick?

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 4

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Well this is certainly a frightening development....
Rathod said police fired from outside the home while Black was still inside the home. The officer who shot Black is on paid administrative leave, as is standard.
-https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/c ... am-veteran

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Abraham wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:48 pm I hope there's more to this story that makes it ok for the local L.E. do what they did.

We all know no charges will be filed against the police.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Allons

Post by Allons »

dlh wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:32 pm Would like to watch any body-cam video of this one and the "dashboard audio" if such exists.
:iagree:
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

bblhd672 wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:09 pm

You never know.
http://www.fox4news.com/news/ex-balch-s ... las-county
The trial of a former Balch Springs police officer charged with murdering a 15-year-old boy will take place in Dallas County as originally planned.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

C-dub wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:56 amYou never know.
The trial of a former Balch Springs police officer charged with murdering a 15-year-old boy will take place in Dallas County as originally planned.
Is this the exception that proves the rule?

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

C-dub wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:56 am
bblhd672 wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:09 pm

You never know.
What I should have said is there may be charges filed, but there won’t be a conviction.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

warnmar10 wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:26 am
C-dub wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:56 amYou never know.
Is this the exception that proves the rule?
Doubtful. LE is still given quite a bit of leeway despite increased scrutiny in the last few years. Rightly and wrongly that increased scrutiny appears to have begun under the last administration.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “The Crime Blotter”