Paul Manafort Trial

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

carlson1
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Paul Manafort Trial

Post by carlson1 »

:iagree: 100%

Rubicon

Post by Rubicon »

rotor wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:11 pm Just to play devil's advocate though...
Mueller in his investigation of Manafort finds that he has not paid millions in taxes by fraudulently hiding overseas accounts....
Mueller proceeds with trial of Manafort as it appears that Manafort is a downright crook...

Someone here think that Manafort should not be prosecuted if he tried to defraud the government out of millions?? His last name isn't Clinton but if this guy is a crook he should go to jail. So should Hillary.
I have no problem with actually prosecuting him. I do have a problem with Mueller suborning perjury by threatening prosecution.
the die is cast

ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ELB »

Mueller is supposed to be looking into alleged “collusion.”

Incidental crimes not related to the central purpose of his purpose are supposed to be handed off to regular US Attorneys.

Out of four cases he has got indictments for, none remotely involve “collusion”, two are blowing up in his face as they proceed, one will never be brought to trial, and one resulted in a guilty plea by a man that the FBI agents who investigated him didn’t think he was guilty of anything, but who took a conviction to save his son from having his life ruined.

The document at the heart of the whole collusion myth is clearly a work of political fraud and yet was used by the FBI, the DOJ, and the previous Administration as the basis to justify surveillance of the previous Administration’s political opponents.

FBI officials who were supposed to be investigating an actual criminal act by a presidential candidate and were clearly in the bag (“colluded”) for that same candidate were removed from office only after public exposure and yet have escaped criminal investigations,even though their sins are much more in the Special Prosecutors sphere than Manafort’s alleged shenanigans of a decade ago.

Manafort might be guilty of something, but I’m willing to entertain the notion that what Mueller is doing is a far greater travesty than anything Manafort ever did.
USAF 1982-2005

flechero
Posts in topic: 8

Post by flechero »

ELB wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:16 pm Mueller is supposed to be looking into alleged “collusion.”

Incidental crimes not related to the central purpose of his purpose are supposed to be handed off to regular US Attorneys.

Out of four cases he has got indictments for, none remotely involve “collusion”, two are blowing up in his face as they proceed, one will never be brought to trial, and one resulted in a guilty plea by a man that the FBI agents who investigated him didn’t think he was guilty of anything, but who took a conviction to save his son from having his life ruined.

The document at the heart of the whole collusion myth is clearly a work of political fraud and yet was used by the FBI, the DOJ, and the previous Administration as the basis to justify surveillance of the previous Administration’s political opponents.

FBI officials who were supposed to be investigating an actual criminal act by a presidential candidate and were clearly in the bag (“colluded”) for that same candidate were removed from office only after public exposure and yet have escaped criminal investigations,even though their sins are much more in the Special Prosecutors sphere than Manafort’s alleged shenanigans of a decade ago.

Manafort might be guilty of something, but I’m willing to entertain the notion that what Mueller is doing is a far greater travesty than anything Manafort ever did.
Well stated, ELB.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

I have serious issues with Mueller prosecuting anybody when his role in uranium one and his close connection with the Clintons make him tainted as a Government prosecutor!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 7

Post by philip964 »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... ra-n898281

Judge may be convinced that Manafort controlled s foreign bank account he had previously said he didn’t control.

Witness against Manafort who is facing jail, who previously had a beard is now clean shaven.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

philip964 wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:39 pm https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... ra-n898281

Judge may be convinced that Manafort controlled s foreign bank account he had previously said he didn’t control.

Witness against Manafort who is facing jail, who previously had a beard is now clean shaven.
Wow, over 16 million dollars of tax payer money spent, and now they have a guy who is probably guilty of tax/bank fraud. Which started 10 years before he even began working for Trump. I guess the jig is really up now. All it shows, is that Trump didn't do as good a job, as he should have, of vetting people he hired. But how would he know about secret bank accounts in foreign countries, anyway? Still no evidence, of "collusion" or 'obstruction of justice" Which is what he was supposed to look for. But I guess if you turn over enough rocks, with an unlimited budget, with no real scope, of your investigation, you can find some kind of dirt on anybody.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/zo ... rom-trumps

The star witness admitted he may have stolen money from Trump’s inauguration committee.

But the jury should believe what he says about Manafort.

flechero

Post by flechero »

philip964 wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:34 pm
The star witness admitted he may have stolen money from Trump’s inauguration committee.

But the jury should believe what he says about Manafort.
I think the star witness is a bigger criminal then manafort... admitting to a big number of crimes on the front end of his testimony. If I were on the jury, I'd have to consider him worthless and just someone willing to do anything to get out of his own trouble.

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/judge-backs- ... 02981.html

Judge says he was too mean to Prosecutors.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

I was wondering why the statute of limitations wouldn't apply to some of Mueller's charges on banking rules violations and I discovered Mueller got a secret court order to suspend them. I'll bet Manafort or us simple folks wouldn't get special treatment like that if our legal team couldn't get timely evidence in our defense from a source.
I leave you to decide whether justice deserves to be included in the name of the federal law enforcement department.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker ... imitations
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

flechero

Post by flechero »

puma guy wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:45 pm I was wondering why the statute of limitations wouldn't apply to some of Mueller's charges on banking rules violations and I discovered Mueller got a secret court order to suspend them. I'll bet Manafort or us simple folks wouldn't get special treatment like that if our legal team couldn't get timely evidence in our defense from a source.
I leave you to decide whether justice deserves to be included in the name of the federal law enforcement department.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker ... imitations
And that is all trump needs to say when he signs Manafort's pardon. I've stepped in better smelling dog poop, than anything I've seen fromthe investigation into russian collusion. I think history will reveal the extent of the corruption that took place to try and get Trump and his team...

For the record, I believe there was clearly real "collusion" between the previous administration's intel agencies and the dnc & others... but wouldn't support a wild witch hunt like this, against them. A legitimate and timely investigation is fine but they are intentionally dragging this out to the mid terms and likely to the next Presidential election.

ELB

Post by ELB »

Manafort's lawyers rest without presenting a case:

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2018/ ... tchywidget
USAF 1982-2005

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

http://www.cbs8.com/story/38906691/judg ... t-end-soon

Judge and possibly jurist have recieved death threats. Judge has not released the jurists names but may after the trial.

...think about that for a minute... how will this case not be a mistrial?? How could this case ever get a proper hearing if jurists will be tarred and feathered, possible murdered by lefist nut jobs?
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Return to “The Crime Blotter”