FL:Mass shooting at Madden video game event

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 7

Re: FL:Mass shooting at Madden video game event

Post by philip964 »

My understanding it’s trespassing, if you have a gun and there is any kind of sign. The whole center is supposed to be gun free from what Breitbart said.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bblhd672 »

NotRPB wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:55 am Site of Jacksonville Mass Shooting is a Designated Gun-Free Zone http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/0 ... free-zone/

Also posted on their website

Though they don't have enforceable 30.06 type warnings, they may have "Trespassing"

Also
Jacksonville Shooter Was Member of Anti-Trump 'Resistance' - Referred to Trump Supporters at "Trumptards" - Murdered 4 People
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/0 ... -4-people/
Another example proving the left wants the deplorables to die.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/27/ja ... -show.html

Shooter had been hospitalized for mental illness.

Apparently not just for being liberal, but he had other issues.

thatguyoverthere

Post by thatguyoverthere »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/27/ja ... -show.html
Katz legally purchased his firearms — .45 caliber and 9mm handguns — in Baltimore, Maryland, Jacksonville Sheriff Mike Williams told reporters. He bought them within the past month from a licensed dealer, officials said.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/apnew ... spartanntp
He was admitted to the Sheppard Pratt mental health system in Ellicott City for about 12 days in late 2007. Court documents say a psychiatrist at that time administered antidepressants. He later spent about 13 days at Potomac Ridge, a mental health services facility in Rockville.
So he legally purchased handguns within the past month, after having spent considerable time in multiple mental hospitals. How does that work (I'm asking an honest question)? Is it simply the difference between "voluntary" versus "committed" admission to said hospital(s)? Was he still under the care of a mental health professional? I wonder how he answered question 11.f on the 4473 form?

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Maybe it was because he was a minor then and those records were sealed or not applicable or it was the voluntary thing.

Or he just lied on the form and it wasn’t caught.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

thatguyoverthere wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:19 pm http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/27/ja ... -show.html
Katz legally purchased his firearms — .45 caliber and 9mm handguns — in Baltimore, Maryland, Jacksonville Sheriff Mike Williams told reporters. He bought them within the past month from a licensed dealer, officials said.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/apnew ... spartanntp
He was admitted to the Sheppard Pratt mental health system in Ellicott City for about 12 days in late 2007. Court documents say a psychiatrist at that time administered antidepressants. He later spent about 13 days at Potomac Ridge, a mental health services facility in Rockville.
So he legally purchased handguns within the past month, after having spent considerable time in multiple mental hospitals. How does that work (I'm asking an honest question)? Is it simply the difference between "voluntary" versus "committed" admission to said hospital(s)? Was he still under the care of a mental health professional? I wonder how he answered question 11.f on the 4473 form?
From the msn article you linked to (thanks for that, hadn't seen it yet) it looks like all were voluntary by the parent and not ordered by a court or some other lawful authority. The article makes it appear this happened when he was 13 or maybe 14 years old. I bet if he petitioned the court at 15 to live with his father it was granted although the article isn't clear on that. If he did live with his father, I'd say no he was no longer under care or on medication since his father didn't agree with the mother. I'm sure he answered "No" to question 11.f on the 4473 form and from my understanding he didn't lie since it was voluntary.

Based on the msn article he definitely had a gaming addiction at an early age and his parents never resolved it. Compound that with the divorce and neither of his parents agreeing how to deal with him, he never got the help he needed and he didn't know how to seek it out himself.
Neither a wise man or a brave man lies down on the tracks of history to wait for the train of the future to run over him.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html

Shooter legally bought guns in Maryland despite lots of obvious mental illness going way back to 13 years old.

spectre
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by spectre »

When is America going to say enough is enough? How many people have to die because of football and video games?
I'm in a good place right now
Not emotionally or financially
But I am at the gun store

RicoTX

Post by RicoTX »

spectre wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:54 pm When is America going to say enough is enough? How many people have to die because of football and video games?

?
I can't tell if you are joking or not.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

RicoTX wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:56 pm
spectre wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:54 pm When is America going to say enough is enough? How many people have to die because of football and video games?

?
I can't tell if you are joking or not.
Ban violent football and video games! :evil2:
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

spectre
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by spectre »

"Games played with the ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind."
- Thomas Jefferson
I'm in a good place right now
Not emotionally or financially
But I am at the gun store

Return to “The Crime Blotter”