Draw to Help a Firefighter?

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Draw to Help a Firefighter?

Post by ELB »

Salty1 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:41 pm Let me see, firefighters call in an emergency help request a civillian decides to draw his gun to "protect" them. The cops roll up and ...
This is no different than any situation where one legally draws a weapon in self-defense or defense of others, be they family, friends cops, firefighters, or strangers. Bad things happen sometimes but the vast majority of self-defense/defense of others situations are correctly sorted out by the police.
USAF 1982-2005

oljames3
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Draw to Help a Firefighter?

Post by oljames3 »

ELB wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:07 am
Salty1 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:41 pm Let me see, firefighters call in an emergency help request a civillian decides to draw his gun to "protect" them. The cops roll up and ...
This is no different than any situation where one legally draws a weapon in self-defense or defense of others, be they family, friends cops, firefighters, or strangers. Bad things happen sometimes but the vast majority of self-defense/defense of others situations are correctly sorted out by the police.
Dealing with the arrival of law enforcement during a defensive gun use is certainly a concern. Before the DGU starts, I'm also concerned about the unknowns: what is really going on, are there more bad guys, are they armed, etc.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Return to “The Crime Blotter”