Cody Wilson charged in sexual assault of minor

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

ELB
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Cody Wilson charged in sexual assault of minor

Post by ELB »

Scott B. wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:00 pm Nobody forced him to go shopping for trim on a "Sugar Daddy" web site.
Ding ding.
He was caught and Charged by local police, not the feds. The feds assisted in retrieving a fugitive. The Texas Attorney General has a substantial unit that pursues human trafficking and sex abuse of minors. That has been a priority of this administration.

The girl was under The age of consent in Texas. That presumes she is not capable of making adult decisions about who she sleeps with. To then expect her to be legally responsible for making decisions about taking money for sex and charging her with prostitution would be notably unjust.

Simple prostitution is a misdemeanor, but sexual assault of a child is a second-degree felony. The DA is not going to burn resources on a Misdemeanor when he has a pretty solid looking felony charge to prosecute.

When you go shopping on a site called sugar daddies and meet up with a young girl who agrees to sex for $500, I don’t think you have much to complain about if you find out that she lied about her age. And Texas law takes a strict liability towards sex with a minor. An act of that magnitude you should be extra careful, or maybe reconsider your “taste”.

I don’t think that website is by any means off the hook up. Given the Texas Attorney General’s interest in prosecuting sex abuse of minors and human trafficking in general I expect that The police and state investigators are quizzing her in detail about her relationship with that website, And any other girls she knows that use this site, and obtaining other warrants for further investigation. There is another shoe yet to drop. Just like with Backpage.

The damage to the Second Amendment is being done by Cody Wilson, not the feds.
USAF 1982-2005

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flechero »

This is the one instance in life where I will side with the adult. (and I don't condone prostitution or the use of) but in this case, he sought a prostitute and didn't go to a site called under age girls . com. So the site, the parents and the minor need to be held accountable for their actions as well, if he is to be. And I think he should face nothing beyond using a hooker (or whatever the actual term is)

So are all of her other "clients" being charged or just the person who makes guns and parts?

tbrown

Post by tbrown »

ELB wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:48 pm He was caught and Charged by local police, not the feds. The feds assisted in retrieving a fugitive. The Texas Attorney General has a substantial unit that pursues human trafficking and sex abuse of minors. That has been a priority of this administration.
So according to the official story, there's a website that's prostituting underage girls. Grooming them. Engaging in sex trafficking.

Have the feds shut down the website? Have they raided the corporate offices and arrested the officers? If not, why not? It's like sending federal marshals to arrest somebody who bought oxycodone online, but letting the company continue to sell drugs online.

Whether or not you think Cody Wilson is guilty of the charges, something stinks.
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

A quick update Wilson, did resign from his position at Defense Distributed.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/09/25/3d- ... stributed/
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

:headscratch
Who is Cody Wilson and why do I care?

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

Oldgringo wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:37 pm :headscratch
Cody Wilson is the man who got the feds to back down on stopping the files for 3D guns from being distributed. When a judge recently gave him an injunction saying he could not give the files away on his web site, he got with his lawyers and read it very carefully. He found the loophole and started selling the files for any price the customer named, down to one cent.

The question is whether he was set up or not. At first glance, i thought he had been, but I think now that he just was a john who used prostitutes and got nailed with an underage one. My money says she recognized his name and decided to report it. She was only 16 and told her high school counselor about the incident. Knowing how prostitutes generally behave, I bet she (or her pimp) saw a chance for extra money and jumped on it by selling the story.
Steve Rothstein

bbhack

Post by bbhack »

srothstein wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:01 pm ...
Cody Wilson is the man who got the feds to back down on stopping the files for 3D guns from being distributed. When a judge recently gave him an injunction saying he could not give the files away on his web site, he got with his lawyers and read it very carefully. He found the loophole and started selling the files for any price the customer named, down to one cent.
I thought the panic about sharing digital data was solved when folks printed the DVD decryption code on t-shirts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Lech_Johansen

https://www.wired.com/2000/08/court-to- ... s-t-shirt/
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

I will have reasonable doubt until they shut down the website and prosecute the company executives under 43.04 and 43.05(a)(2)
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

srothstein wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:01 pm
Oldgringo wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:37 pm :headscratch

The question is whether he was set up or not. At first glance, i thought he had been, but I think now that he just was a john who used prostitutes and got nailed with an underage one. My money says she recognized his name and decided to report it. She was only 16 and told her high school counselor about the incident. Knowing how prostitutes generally behave, I bet she (or her pimp) saw a chance for extra money and jumped on it by selling the story.
Heck, maybe she simply got some regrets and confusion by what happened. I am not picturing a 16 year old realizing the spin on who he is. In any case if he participated in this behavior he is wrong. Regardless of being set up. Decent people don't accept sex from a 16 year old at his age. JMHO

bigtek
Banned

Post by bigtek »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:58 pmHeck, maybe she simply got some regrets and confusion by what happened. I am not picturing a 16 year old realizing the spin on who he is. In any case if he participated in this behavior he is wrong. Regardless of being set up. Decent people don't accept sex from a 16 year old at his age. JMHO
I agree with you in principle. However, in this case, the prosecution alleges they met on a dating site that requires members to be 18 or older. She had to lie about her age just to create a profile on the dating site.

Many of my high school friends could have passed for 18 with the right clothes and makeup. Some classmates were able to pass as 21 and buy alcohol while we were still in high school.

If a Texas CHL Forum member bought a gun from another member, should the buyer go to prison if the seller lied and the gun was stolen? If not, why the double standard?
Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Fa la la la la la la la la!
Strike a match and see who's missin'

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

...yet, I still don't care...who gives a heaping, dumping of manure..?

bigtek
Banned

Post by bigtek »

...yet, I still don't care...who gives a heaping, dumping of manure..?
The poster doth protest too much.
Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Strike a match and see who's missin'

Return to “The Crime Blotter”