Home invasion - The Woodlands

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: Keith B, carlson1


Topic author
Aggie_engr
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 547
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:22 pm
Location: The Woodlands, TX

Home invasion - The Woodlands

#1

Post by Aggie_engr » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:25 pm

Harris County Sheriff's deputies say the suspects forced their way into the home on the corner, tied up the father, mother, and four children who live there and demanded money.
I live on the same block where this occurred. Left the house for work this morning and had no idea something was going on. Saw Harris county constables speeding into the neighborhood, checked my NextDoor app and saw a news flash. It can happen anywhere folks, but I know I’m preaching to the choir.


https://abc13.com/robbers-tie-up-parent ... e/4294216/

User avatar

oljames3
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 2079
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:21 pm
Location: Elgin, Texas
Contact:

Re: Home invasion - The Woodlands

#2

Post by oljames3 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:41 pm

"We are happy the police are here in the neighborhood and keeping us safe," another person added.
I admire and support the police.
The person quoted in the article must be working in IKIWHTM bias (I Know It Won't Happen To Me). They think they are safe because it happened to someone else. And also the misapprehension that the police are there to "keep us safe." No, they are there to investigate after the fact.

We are our own first responders. That is why I carry all the time, especially when at home.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA Distinguished Life Member (Disabled Vet), TSRA, NAR L1


Topic author
Aggie_engr
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 547
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:22 pm
Location: The Woodlands, TX

Re: Home invasion - The Woodlands

#3

Post by Aggie_engr » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:48 pm

O. Lee James I’ve tried to relay that very same message to people in my neighborhood but mostly to no avail. But you’re absolutely right.


Abraham
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 8348
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:43 am

Re: Home invasion - The Woodlands

#4

Post by Abraham » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:52 pm

oljames3,

You sir, are spot on!

Rely upon...you and your loved ones for protection.

No knock upon LE - they can't be everywhere.

User avatar

RogueUSMC
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1478
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:55 pm
Location: Smith County
Contact:

Re: Home invasion - The Woodlands

#5

Post by RogueUSMC » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:19 pm

I have said it many times that "the police have the job of drawing the chalk outline...it is your job to make sure they are not drawing a chalk outline of you."

No matter how many time I have said it, folks don't get it...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

User avatar

Jusme
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 4565
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:23 pm
Location: Johnson County, Texas

Re: Home invasion - The Woodlands

#6

Post by Jusme » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:27 pm

Aggie_engr wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:48 pm
O. Lee James I’ve tried to relay that very same message to people in my neighborhood but mostly to no avail. But you’re absolutely right.


Maybe this incident will change their minds. My wife was unsure why I carried all the time when at home, until, there were a string of violent home invasions, and sexual assaults in Burleson, just north of us. Now she has her LTC, and makes sure to have her gun, if not on her, at least, close by, and by her bed at night.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:


WTR
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1629
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:41 pm

Re: Home invasion - The Woodlands

#7

Post by WTR » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:30 pm

Jusme wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:27 pm
Aggie_engr wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:48 pm
O. Lee James I’ve tried to relay that very same message to people in my neighborhood but mostly to no avail. But you’re absolutely right.


Maybe this incident will change their minds. My wife was unsure why I carried all the time when at home, until, there were a string of violent home invasions, and sexual assaults in Burleson, just north of us. Now she has her LTC, and makes sure to have her gun, if not on her, at least, close by, and by her bed at night.
My wife’s additude mirrors yours.

User avatar

oljames3
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 2079
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:21 pm
Location: Elgin, Texas
Contact:

Re: Home invasion - The Woodlands

#8

Post by oljames3 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:36 pm

Jusme wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:27 pm
Aggie_engr wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:48 pm
O. Lee James I’ve tried to relay that very same message to people in my neighborhood but mostly to no avail. But you’re absolutely right.


Maybe this incident will change their minds. My wife was unsure why I carried all the time when at home, until, there were a string of violent home invasions, and sexual assaults in Burleson, just north of us. Now she has her LTC, and makes sure to have her gun, if not on her, at least, close by, and by her bed at night.
My wife, also, had to have her own epiphany. Now her new best friend is her Walther PPS M2 LE. ;-)
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA Distinguished Life Member (Disabled Vet), TSRA, NAR L1


philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 6955
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Home invasion - The Woodlands

#9

Post by philip964 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:43 pm

https://www.click2houston.com/news/auth ... e-invasion

This was the big headline on Channel 2

Aerial photo shows a safe neighborhood and a nice home.

I guess no such thing anymore.

User avatar

Flightmare
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 2023
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Plano, TX

Re: Home invasion - The Woodlands

#10

Post by Flightmare » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:46 pm

RogueUSMC wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:19 pm
I have said it many times that "the police have the job of drawing the chalk outline...it is your job to make sure they are not drawing a chalk outline of you."

No matter how many time I have said it, folks don't get it...
I have a tshirt that says that.

Image
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

User avatar

bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 4052
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: TX

Re: Home invasion - The Woodlands

#11

Post by bblhd672 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:14 pm

oljames3 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:41 pm
"We are happy the police are here in the neighborhood and keeping us safe," another person added.
I admire and support the police.
The person quoted in the article must be working in IKIWHTM bias (I Know It Won't Happen To Me). They think they are safe because it happened to someone else. And also the misapprehension that the police are there to "keep us safe." No, they are there to investigate after the fact.

We are our own first responders. That is why I carry all the time, especially when at home.
:iagree:

User avatar

J.R.@A&M
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 725
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:41 pm

Re: Home invasion - The Woodlands

#12

Post by J.R.@A&M » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:22 pm

philip964 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:43 pm
https://www.click2houston.com/news/auth ... e-invasion

This was the big headline on Channel 2

Aerial photo shows a safe neighborhood and a nice home.

I guess no such thing anymore.
Once again, the Grand Parkway is serving the same purpose as the Great Comanche Trail.
“[T]he liberties of the American people [are] dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country.” Life and Times of Frederick Douglass

User avatar

krieghoff
Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:21 pm
Location: Southwest Medina County - In the Brush Country

Re: Home invasion - The Woodlands

#13

Post by krieghoff » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:38 pm

Flightmare wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:46 pm
RogueUSMC wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:19 pm
I have said it many times that "the police have the job of drawing the chalk outline...it is your job to make sure they are not drawing a chalk outline of you."

No matter how many time I have said it, folks don't get it...
I have a tshirt that says that.

Image
I would love to have a T shirt like that!! May I ask where you got it.
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Native Texan
CHL Holder Since 1996

User avatar

Flightmare
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 2023
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Plano, TX

Re: Home invasion - The Woodlands

#14

Post by Flightmare » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:49 pm

krieghoff wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:38 pm
Flightmare wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:46 pm
RogueUSMC wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:19 pm
I have said it many times that "the police have the job of drawing the chalk outline...it is your job to make sure they are not drawing a chalk outline of you."

No matter how many time I have said it, folks don't get it...
I have a tshirt that says that.

Image
I would love to have a T shirt like that!! May I ask where you got it.
PM sent with address
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

User avatar

krieghoff
Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:21 pm
Location: Southwest Medina County - In the Brush Country

Re: Home invasion - The Woodlands

#15

Post by krieghoff » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:22 pm

Flightmare wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:49 pm
krieghoff wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:38 pm
Flightmare wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:46 pm
RogueUSMC wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:19 pm
I have said it many times that "the police have the job of drawing the chalk outline...it is your job to make sure they are not drawing a chalk outline of you."

No matter how many time I have said it, folks don't get it...
I have a tshirt that says that.

Image
I would love to have a T shirt like that!! May I ask where you got it.
PM sent with address
Thanks. I got mine in Red!! :thumbs2:
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Native Texan
CHL Holder Since 1996

Post Reply

Return to “The Crime Blotter”