Property Owner Holds Burglar at Gunpoint

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 2

Property Owner Holds Burglar at Gunpoint

Post by Lynyrd »

http://www.kltv.com/2018/09/26/athens-l ... -gunpoint/
the homeowner then used his vehicle to block Kirk’s escape route and held him at gunpoint while he called 911
Another example of a law abiding armed citizen acting responsibly and thwarting the intended acts of a criminal. I would say this man held his cool and handled the situation very well.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

oljames3
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Property Owner Holds Burglar at Gunpoint

Post by oljames3 »

Lynyrd wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:37 pm http://www.kltv.com/2018/09/26/athens-l ... -gunpoint/
the homeowner then used his vehicle to block Kirk’s escape route and held him at gunpoint while he called 911
Another example of a law abiding armed citizen acting responsibly and thwarting the intended acts of a criminal. I would say this man held his cool and handled the situation very well.
And when the deputies arrived, it seems they had no difficulty in recognizing the good guy and not shooting him.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

ELB

Post by ELB »

When I went to Texas.arrests.org, the miscreant named in the article makes several appearances over the years for drug-related and family violence charges in that same county. I wonder if the landlord knew his background?
USAF 1982-2005

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

oljames3 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:25 pm
Lynyrd wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:37 pm http://www.kltv.com/2018/09/26/athens-l ... -gunpoint/
And when the deputies arrived, it seems they had no difficulty in recognizing the good guy and not shooting him.
Though considering it was Smith County, they probably shot his dog.... /s

Topic author
Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Lynyrd »

ELB wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:44 pm When I went to Texas.arrests.org, the miscreant named in the article makes several appearances over the years for drug-related and family violence charges in that same county. I wonder if the landlord knew his background?
I read a couple of other news stories about this incident. And although the property owner is referred to as the landlord, I got the impression that the perp was not a tennant. But it is not clear whether or not that is the case.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”