Husband Saves Wife

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
OneGun
Posts in topic: 3

Husband Saves Wife

Post by OneGun »

2 or 3 men try to rob a woman and husband wings one of them.

Love a happy ending!!!

https://www.click2houston.com/news/ma ... riff-says
Last edited by OneGun on Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Husband Saves Wife

Post by ELB »

This article
https://abc13.com/husband-saves-wife-by ... s/4987241/
says hubby hit two robbers.

Either way good job.
USAF 1982-2005

howdy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by howdy »

Not very far from my home.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

philip964

Post by philip964 »

:cheers2: Awfully nice car to go purse snatching in. Jugging must pay pretty well.

flechero

How is the view from the cheap seats?

Post by flechero »

DXer wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:32 pm Someone should start a Go Fund Me so the husband can get some range time and improve accuracy.
A guy and wife get surprised unloading groceries by 3 armed men and he shoots 2 of them [in and around cover] in a 2 WAY EXCHANGE of gunfire and you want to criticize his accuracy? :headscratch

He stopped the attack and defended himself and his wife. He doesn't have to wrestle with having killed anyone, won't go to trial, etc. That is 100% success. His duty was fulfilled.

I pray that if you ever face a similar situation that you should do so well. :tiphat:

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

If I've said it once, I've said it a whole bunch of times: none of us are ever so vulnerable as we are when our backs are turned, to the world, loading 'stuff, etc' into our vehicles. Please tell your loved ones to look around before unloading their carts.

A possible exception to the above is when we are prayerfully sitting, unalert and unarmed, in the worship place of our choosing.
Last edited by Oldgringo on Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

striker55

Post by striker55 »

DXer wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:32 pm Someone should start a Go Fund Me so the husband can get some range time and improve accuracy.
I thought he had a pretty good group considering what was going on.

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

howdy wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:00 pm Not very far from my home.
Nor mine.
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Topic author
OneGun

Post by OneGun »

Question: First the background: In another forum, this incident was being discussed. One particular person from outside of Texas took issue with the fact that the Husband shot the bad guys through the rear window as the car was attempting to leave and he is convinced the Husband will be charged with attempted murder. His logic is that once the car started to flee, the wife was no longer in danger. I have not heard any mention in the media that the HSCO is even considering charges against the Husband.

Question: Is the husband at risk of being charged with attempted murder?

ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ELB »

There are pictures that show three holes in the rear windshield of the robbers' Caddy, but none of the articles I have read (and I just googled this) said the husband shot at the Caddy while it was "fleeing," or even that the robbers were inside the Caddy when the husband fired.

The stories do say that the robbers fired gun(s) as well, so not sure who put the three holes in the Caddy.

I think Mr. Attempted Murder should throttle back a bit until some more info comes out.

But I don't get the impression the husband has any legal troubles coming.
USAF 1982-2005

Topic author
OneGun

Post by OneGun »

ELB wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:19 pm There are pictures that show three holes in the rear windshield of the robbers' Caddy, but none of the articles I have read (and I just googled this) said the husband shot at the Caddy while it was "fleeing," or even that the robbers were inside the Caddy when the husband fired.

The stories do say that the robbers fired gun(s) as well, so not sure who put the three holes in the Caddy.

I think Mr. Attempted Murder should throttle back a bit until some more info comes out.

That is what I said, and all I got was attitude because this person is retired cop and started dictating rules about shooting at fleeing cars.

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

OneGun wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:28 pm
ELB wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:19 pm There are pictures that show three holes in the rear windshield of the robbers' Caddy, but none of the articles I have read (and I just googled this) said the husband shot at the Caddy while it was "fleeing," or even that the robbers were inside the Caddy when the husband fired.

That is what I said, and all I got was attitude because this person is retired cop and started dictating rules about shooting at fleeing cars.
Being a former LEO my self, your statement of "Attitude" makes me very pleased that that person has retired as an adjective and not Active.
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”