TX: You don't pull your gun because someone eggs your car.

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

WildRose
Posts in topic: 6

Re: TX: You don't pull your gun because someone eggs your car.

Post by WildRose »

And once again that was caused by the unlawful pursuit, the illegal discharge of a firearm, reckless driving, and "deadly conduct" of the man pursuing them. All of the above are class A misdemeanors or felonies.
NRA Life Member NRA Certified Instructor RSO, CRSO,
USCCA Certified Instructor
TX LTC licensed Instructor Personal/Family Protection and Self Defense Instructor.
Without The First and Second Amendments the rest are meaningless.

WildRose
Posts in topic: 6

Post by WildRose »

Grumpy1993 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:50 pm
WildRose wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:45 pm No chase, no crash.
If somebody flees from the cops and causes a fatal wreck, it's the cops fault for chasing them?

Got it!
The guy chasing them was not a cop and was committing numerous serious crimes himself beginning as soon as he discharged his firearm unlawfully and then attempting to chase them down.
NRA Life Member NRA Certified Instructor RSO, CRSO,
USCCA Certified Instructor
TX LTC licensed Instructor Personal/Family Protection and Self Defense Instructor.
Without The First and Second Amendments the rest are meaningless.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Do we know for a fact that the victim of the initial assault fired his weapon? It appears that there are conflicting reports on this point. If so, then yes I believe that would be unlawful (disclaimer IANAL, and don't know for sure whether this type of assault justifies the use of deadly force), and he definitely should be charged.

As far as the chase, if we are going to say that the traffic violations committed by the perps were "minor" then any violations committed by the victim who was pursuing them would also have to be classified as "minor" as well. And as for proximate cause, the proximate cause of everything was the initial assault committed by the teens. Everything follows from that assault.

That said, me personally, once I have their license plate number and have called 911, I'm no longer pursuing the assailants. But then again, I tend to err on the side of avoiding conflict and disengaging wherever possible.

LeonCarr
Posts in topic: 1

Post by LeonCarr »

Pure stupidity on all sides.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher

Return to “The Crime Blotter”