5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 41

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Post by Beiruty »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: WOW.
If the address was wrong, and the Chief talked about Camera Systems protecting the house. This house has it. That is most like the correct house.
It is botched raid, State Rangers should be investigating this raid as of 1/28/19
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Pawpaw »

philip964 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:12 am

You tube video of other house.

Has the high tech camera system the Police Chief talked about in his press conference. He apparently also gave out this address not the Harding address at the press conference. I remember there was some confusion in the reporting of the address early on.

The house has iron fences and iron bars on every opening plus the YouTuber mentions drug stuff on the ground around the house. It looks like a crack house.
He also has a video from the house where the shooting happened. At about the 50 second mark, he points out what he calls "incoming bullet holes". To me, they look like .223/5.56 rounds that keyholed. Why would incoming rounds, at short range, keyhole the first wall they hit? That's not likely. I believe these were outgoing rounds that had already passed through other objects. This is another item that doesn't appear to fit into the narrative given. What I've read made it sound like the officers that came through the front door did all the shooting.

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Texas Rangers need to step in immediately and Ace should resign.

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 17

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Redneck_Buddha wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:58 pm Texas Rangers need to step in immediately and Ace should resign.
:thumbs2: Exactly. Anyone who wants to know what the problem is there, I give them two words: Art and Acevedo. Just my personal opinion, of course.

oljames3
Posts in topic: 1

Post by oljames3 »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:26 pm
Redneck_Buddha wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:58 pm Texas Rangers need to step in immediately and Ace should resign.
:thumbs2: Exactly. Anyone who wants to know what the problem is there, I give them two words: Art and Acevedo. Just my personal opinion, of course.
Different city, same ol' Art.
:blowup
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

philip964
Posts in topic: 125

Post by philip964 »

https://reason.com/blog/2019/01/30/the- ... n-this-wee

Editorial, adds number of time police chief said Hardy Street in his press conference.

Talks about press conference of union leader threatening all who criticize the police and actions they will take against those that do.

I guess I’m now in danger.

Goes into Police chiefs desire to restrict firearms.

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Syntyr »

philip964 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:16 pm https://reason.com/blog/2019/01/30/the- ... n-this-wee

Editorial, adds number of time police chief said Hardy Street in his press conference.

Talks about press conference of union leader threatening all who criticize the police and actions they will take against those that do.

I guess I’m now in danger.

Goes into Police chiefs desire to restrict firearms.
Welcome to the club. I am a BIG PD supporter but I am on Art "Hollywood" Acevedo's blocked twitter list. He is no fan of me because I routinely take him to task. Glad I moved out of Houston...
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

philip964
Posts in topic: 125

Post by philip964 »

Chief of Police giving press conference right now.

Critical officer now fair.

Other officer still critical.

Officer with knee injury has had surgery.

Spoken to Tuttle family member in Austin.

Accountablility for officers and suspect. Truth important.

Find out good bad and ugly.

Lots of theories out there.

Live coverage ended May be more later.

Odinvalknir
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Odinvalknir »

Acevedo is on the TV right now giving updates. Both about the wounded officers and about the investigation, apparently IA and some special investigative team are looking into everything. I think an outside source needs to come in, and if negligence is found we need to run Art out of town for good. Make sure he doesn't work as a police chief ANYWHERE.

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 16

Post by PriestTheRunner »

What we know:

1) No large quantities of drugs were found. Small drugs could have been planted. White powder remains unidentified... somehow.
2) The warrant was executed specifically due to heroin (page 3 of the warrant) and did not mention other drugs.
3) No body cams were used. If there were any body cams, then they were destroyed.
4) The warrant says that the Narcotics officer SPECIFICALLY saw the drug mule... I mean compliant witness, enter this specific residence (page 4 of the warrant) and come out with narcotics. And yet, throughout the warrant "7815 Harding Street" is found in quotations... (Not sure if thats normal but certainly seems unusual... See attached image).
5) The warrant specifically mentions a 9mm caliber semi-auto. None was present in the raided house.
6) Acevedo said "Hardy" instead of "Harding" several times in the press conference.
7) Friends and family all state that the victims were not involved in drugs.
8) Neighbors say there was no traffic at that location, which is a primary evidence of drug trade.
9) No photos have been released of what the officers were wearing that night, and if they had police identifiers on their uniforms.
10) No other law enforcement body has stated they are investigating the raid.

Per the warrant:
"I further find that affiant has established sufficient reason to believe that to knock and announce their purpose by the officers executing this warrant would be futile, dangerous, and otherwise inhibit the effective investigation of the offense or offenses related to the purpose of this warrant. Therefore, unless circumstances to the contrary are discovered prior to entry, you are hereby authorized to dispense with the usual constitutional requirement that you knock and announce your purpose before entering the suspected place to execute this warrant"
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/h ... 574924.php
FYI - I added one word to clarify what the warrant SHOULD have said...

https://reason.com/blog/2019/01/30/the- ... n-this-wee

These two people were murdered.
Attachments
Harding.JPG

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 16

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Oh... And just to add to this.
Marvin Guy is still in jail. That botched raid occurred in 2014. He has not had a trial yet.

Last I checked the 6th amendment was still part of the constitution...
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.
https://www.alternet.org/2018/07/texas- ... war-drugs/
http://kdhnews.com/news/crime/accused-o ... 99b61.html
http://kdhnews.com/news/crime/attorneys ... d31ba.html

Are you guys ready for no-knock raids to be illegal yet? Because I am.
Last edited by PriestTheRunner on Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

baseballguy2001
Posts in topic: 20

Post by baseballguy2001 »

There will be no consequences, no perp walks, and certainly no LEO's will be arrested. If violations of policy are found, they will be allowed to retire and or get suspended with pay for violating any "policy" infraction. From what I've read so far, this stinks. It's nothing more than police sanctioned murder. If it comes out that this was a paperwork error, a wrong address, the police will still claim, drugs were found, weapons were found, CASE CLOSED. The media narrative of the poor police doing their jobs and getting shot for it, is already out there and solidified like a slab of ten foot thick concrete.
7.30.08 -- Plastic in hand (99 days)
04.01.18--2nd Renewal
05.05.18-- Plastic

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Beiruty »

Someone should sue the city for $20,000,000
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

ShepherdTX
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ShepherdTX »

One thing is for certain in all this. It only cost 2 dead people with no apparent criminal history, one dead dog who was simply defending his house, and 4 wounded police officers (some who will remain injured the rest of their lives), to protect us all from the dangers of a small amount of marijuana and an unknown white powdery substance. I'm sure we can all seep soundly knowing that Acevedo is willing to do whatever it takes to keep us "safe".

Return to “The Crime Blotter”