TX:The mean streets of Houston - random mom murdered in front of kids

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 93

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

:biggrinjester:

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 562

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... g-robbery/

Large 40ish 220 lb man beats a smaller 64 year old man with a crowbar after threatening him with a gun in a used auto dealership robbery. Video shows him dragging him across the floor into another room where he was beaten with a crow bar some more.

The crook got away the auto dealers wallet and cell phone.

Surprised a used auto dealer on Telephone Road wouldn’t be armed.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... ghborhood/

And who says you don’t need AR’s in Houston.

Tiger roaming West Houston neighborhood.

Yeah a real Tiger.

03Lightningrocks

philip964 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:33 am https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... ghborhood/

Yeah a real Tiger.
I saw a video of this on FB today. Apparently the Tiger was roaming in the owners front yard. The guy who owned it came out and lead it back inside the house while an off duty Sherriff was holding a gun on it, just in case. The owner of the Tiger then put the Tiger in his car and took off, evading the police. Oh Yeah! The best part. The Tiger's owner is awaiting trial for murder. Crazy Houston!

Rafe
Posts in topic: 50

Post by Rafe »

philip964 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:33 am https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... ghborhood/

Yeah a real Tiger.
The tiger was a young pup, so maybe an AR-15 would be enough gun. In the news video there's an off-duty Sheriff's deputy holding a semi-auto handgun on it, but intelligently keeping some distance and not antagonizing the feline. Cat seemed people-acclimated, as have the last two tigers that were recovered in Houston. One of those was a 400-pound set of teeth and claws. So, yeah no; I wouldn't want to wing a large alpha-predator with a .223 or a 9mm. Push come to shove, give me a solid hunting caliber, at least a .308, and some distance. I wonder what the Teuller Drill range would be on an angry, full-grown tiger? :shock:

And Lightning: yeppers; evidently the 28-year-old man ("who is known to possess several exotic animals") and who reclaimed the tiger and then evaded police was out on $125K bond for a 2017 murder. Quoting KTRK-TV, HPD apprehended the man at his mother's home Monday morning, but so far no one knows where the tiger is. The guy's lawyer was ticked off when interviewed: "Fifteen minutes before he leaves to surrender (HPD) go and arrest him and the result is they get to keep him there for 10 days now." My thought was, "Good tactics, HPD! Awaiting a murder trial sounds like a flight risk to me, and if you can now be assured of at 10 days in lockup, more's the better."

Elliott said the tiger is not his client's but that the client knows the owner. He added that his client was working with authorities to help locate the tiger and the owner.

The tiger had been out padding around the front yard and street in the area of Highway 6 and Memorial Drive. That is not a rural area with space to keep animals. In fact, it's close to the Town & Country shopping center and less than a mile from I-10. The attorney said the tiger does not belong to his client's but his client knows the owner and is "working with authorities to locate the tiger and the owner."
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

03Lightningrocks

Rafe wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 1:48 am

Yeah a real Tiger.
The tiger was a young pup, so maybe an AR-15 would be enough gun. In the news video there's an off-duty Sheriff's deputy holding a semi-auto handgun on it, but intelligently keeping some distance and not antagonizing the feline. Cat seemed people-acclimated, as have the last two tigers that were recovered in Houston. One of those was a 400-pound set of teeth and claws. So, yeah no; I wouldn't want to wing a large alpha-predator with a .223 or a 9mm. Push come to shove, give me a solid hunting caliber, at least a .308, and some distance. I wonder what the Teuller Drill range would be on an angry, full-grown tiger? :shock:

And Lightning: yeppers; evidently the 28-year-old man ("who is known to possess several exotic animals") and who reclaimed the tiger and then evaded police was out on $125K bond for a 2017 murder. Quoting KTRK-TV, HPD apprehended the man at his mother's home Monday morning, but so far no one knows where the tiger is. The guy's lawyer was ticked off when interviewed: "Fifteen minutes before he leaves to surrender (HPD) go and arrest him and the result is they get to keep him there for 10 days now." My thought was, "Good tactics, HPD! Awaiting a murder trial sounds like a flight risk to me, and if you can now be assured of at 10 days in lockup, more's the better."

Elliott said the tiger is not his client's but that the client knows the owner. He added that his client was working with authorities to help locate the tiger and the owner.

The tiger had been out padding around the front yard and street in the area of Highway 6 and Memorial Drive. That is not a rural area with space to keep animals. In fact, it's close to the Town & Country shopping center and less than a mile from I-10. The attorney said the tiger does not belong to his client's but his client knows the owner and is "working with authorities to locate the tiger and the owner."
The video I saw looked like a big Tiger. Big enough to take a man sized object down and kill it. If that was a young pup, I would hate to see a full sized one walking around. Hahaha. Lord that thing was big.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:10 am The video I saw looked like a big Tiger. Big enough to take a man sized object down and kill it. If that was a young pup, I would hate to see a full sized one walking around. Hahaha. Lord that thing was big.
Yeah, "young pup" wasn't quite accurate. "Adolescent" would've been a better term. But tigers can get really big...at least for feline predators. As in over 3.5 feet tall at the shoulder and well over 600 pounds. Had to look it up: the Guinness record is a tiger in India weighing 857 pounds, shot by a hunter from Philadelphia in 1967. Their canine teeth can get over 3.5" long; that's the blade length on my EDC folding knife! I don't know squat about hunting dangerous game, but that's why I said no 5.56 or 9mm for me if I think I'd have to stare down an angry--or hungry--tiger. I said at least .308...but I'd rather have a .50 BMG. ;-)

03Lightningrocks

Rafe wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:10 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:10 am The video I saw looked like a big Tiger. Big enough to take a man sized object down and kill it. If that was a young pup, I would hate to see a full sized one walking around. Hahaha. Lord that thing was big.
Yeah, "young pup" wasn't quite accurate. "Adolescent" would've been a better term. But tigers can get really big...at least for feline predators. As in over 3.5 feet tall at the shoulder and well over 600 pounds. Had to look it up: the Guinness record is a tiger in India weighing 857 pounds, shot by a hunter from Philadelphia in 1967. Their canine teeth can get over 3.5" long; that's the blade length on my EDC folding knife! I don't know squat about hunting dangerous game, but that's why I said no 5.56 or 9mm for me if I think I'd have to stare down an angry--or hungry--tiger. I said at least .308...but I'd rather have a .50 BMG. ;-)
Any moron that would try to raise an animal like a Tiger in his house in the middle of the city needs the crap beat out of them. All I can think about when i see something like that is my grand children out playing in the yard when something like that get's loose.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... s-learned/

Tiger guy bonds out.

He’s already out on bond for murder.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

philip964 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:36 pm https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... s-learned/

Tiger guy bonds out.

He’s already out on bond for murder.
In Houston nowadays, I don't think you even start to get gangsta street cred unless you have two active bail bonds plus at least one outstanding warrant. :waiting:

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... n-houston/

Now another murderer gets involved in the Tiger case.

Carol Baskin offers $5000 reward.

Tiger apparently has a Twitter account.

BTW several people have been killed in home invasions etc. since the tiger thing happened.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... -suspects/

10 robbery suspects arrested. Robbing affluent possibly in the Galleria area.

Check out the firepower, the second man in the video is carrying.

I guess his job is to protect the other robber, who grabs the loot from the victim, in case the victim decides to pull a gun.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... uties-say/

Don’t bring boxing gloves to a gunfight.

Is there no honor whatsoever ever anymore.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... uties-say/

Family of 4 charged in the murder of the wrong man. A man driving by their house is a car similar to one that had terrorized their home earlier and was believed to be driven by an exgirlfriend's boy friend. They blocked the street with their cars and chased towards the car with a gun and base ball bat. The man in the car attemped to flee in his car. A 19 year old admitted to firing multiple shots at the fleeing car which crashed into a tree down the street.

The man later died at the hospital. He was driving a similar but not identical car and they did not know the dead man. Two members of the family are on the run. The mom and son have been arrested for murder.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... also-shot/

Photos released of two men who killed a father and wounded his 4 year old in a park. Very interesting shooting stances.
The fashion of the one man is interesting as well.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

It appears 3 people were murder Sunday in Houston.
Pregnant woman was shot and killed, but her baby survived.
Man murdered in front of his two children.
And a man beaten to death.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”