CO: Teen infatuationed with Columbine massacre closes Denver Schools

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

CO: Teen infatuationed with Columbine massacre closes Denver Schools

Post by philip964 »

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sol-pais-s ... 2019-4-17/

18 Year old woman flew from Florida to Denver near 20th Anniversary of Columbine school shooting, and bought a pump action shot gun.

She was found dead today in the woods of self inflicted gun shot wound by 30 Swat officers.

Denver shut down all schools today.

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Re: CO: Teen infatuationed with Columbine massacre closes Denver Schools

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Pump action shotgun, eh? I bet that left a mark.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

curmudgeonly observations in no particular order....

- what did Pais know about Hillary Clinton?
- given Denver area's apparently anti-gun bias, how did an 18 year old buy a 12 ga pump with an out of state i.d.? Would like to see the 4473.
- "she was 'infatuated' with the Columbine event". Odd choice of words. Infatuated with a person or persons, ok. In the english language I was taught in schools, you are 'obsessed' by/with events.
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Scott Farkus

Post by Scott Farkus »

An 18 year old can buy and take possession of a long gun out of state, correct? I thought it was only handguns that have to be transferred to an FFL in the buyer's state of residence if bought out of state (and minimum age is 21).

Perhaps Denver has different requirements, I don't know. Otherwise, here's another example where none of the left's touted "common sense gun control" would have made any difference whatsoever. It wasn't an "assault weapon" and it wasn't bought at a gun show/private sale using the "loophole".

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jusme »

I'm not sure how it works regarding the age, because I believe Florida passed a law requiring all firearms buyers, be 21 or older. In which case she would have been prohibited from purchasing a shotgun in Florida. But that is a State law, and not Federal. Since pump shotguns, are not prohibited, and Colorado, does not require a purchaser to be 21, I believe the sale was legal. They already knew she purchased a gun, more than likely due to the background check. Evidently she was not flagged at the time. There is a lot of missing info.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Jusme wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:29 pm I'm not sure how it works regarding the age, because I believe Florida passed a law requiring all firearms buyers, be 21 or older. In which case she would have been prohibited from purchasing a shotgun in Florida. But that is a State law, and not Federal. Since pump shotguns, are not prohibited, and Colorado, does not require a purchaser to be 21, I believe the sale was legal. They already knew she purchased a gun, more than likely due to the background check. Evidently she was not flagged at the time. There is a lot of missing info.
After that shotgun blast I bet there is alot more missing than just info!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

crazy2medic wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:29 pm
Jusme wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:29 pm I'm not sure how it works regarding the age, because I believe Florida passed a law requiring all firearms buyers, be 21 or older. In which case she would have been prohibited from purchasing a shotgun in Florida. But that is a State law, and not Federal. Since pump shotguns, are not prohibited, and Colorado, does not require a purchaser to be 21, I believe the sale was legal. They already knew she purchased a gun, more than likely due to the background check. Evidently she was not flagged at the time. There is a lot of missing info.

I worked a shotgun suicide. It is very effective.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Jusme wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:37 pm
crazy2medic wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:29 pm

I worked a shotgun suicide. It is very effective.
Yup me too! Messy!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

The dealer is going to be in hot water. Long guns can be purchased by out of state residents but the dealer has to comply with the laws of the buyers home state. Florida requires long gun buyers to be 21 and she wasn’t.

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

A person may only acquire a firearm within the person’s own State, except that he or she may purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee’s premises in any State, provided the sale complies with State laws applicable in the State of sale and the State where the purchaser resides. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(b)(3), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]

bigbang

Post by bigbang »

Did she pass the NICS check?
This is a Glock 40. Fifty Cent. Too Short. All of them talk about a Glock 40. OK?
I'm the only one in this forum fool enough - that I know of - to shoot himself with a Glock 40.

bigbang

Post by bigbang »

JustSomeOldGuy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:46 pmgiven Denver area's apparently anti-gun bias, how did an 18 year old buy a 12 ga pump with an out of state i.d.? Would like to see the 4473.
Fudds. It was a 12ga shotgun, not a magazine that holds 15 rounds.
This is a Glock 40. Fifty Cent. Too Short. All of them talk about a Glock 40. OK?
I'm the only one in this forum fool enough - that I know of - to shoot himself with a Glock 40.

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

bigbang wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:07 pm
JustSomeOldGuy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:46 pmgiven Denver area's apparently anti-gun bias, how did an 18 year old buy a 12 ga pump with an out of state i.d.? Would like to see the 4473.
Fudds. It was a 12ga shotgun, not a magazine that holds 15 rounds.
And it was not legal to sell to her.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Where is the left being concerned about her getting mental treatment? Well, before the, you know...
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

apostate

Post by apostate »

JustSomeOldGuy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:46 pm - given Denver area's apparently anti-gun bias, how did an 18 year old buy a 12 ga pump with an out of state i.d.? Would like to see the 4473.
https://www.denverpost.com/2019/04/18/s ... orado-law/
ATF spokeswoman Mary Markos reiterated Thursday that the agency believes the 18-year-old bought the gun legally.
The Colorado Bureau of Investigation, which runs the background checks on gun buyers, came to the conclusion that Pais could legally purchase a shotgun, said spokeswoman Susan Medina. CBI looks at federal and state databases for any prohibitors that would stop a person from buying a firearm.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”