Officer and suspect shot in Seagraves Tx.

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 2

Officer and suspect shot in Seagraves Tx.

Post by G.A. Heath »

Seagraves Texas, Coming in on the scanner right now (I just turned it on as this broke loose):

An officer, I believe to be with Seagraves PD, reported that he has been shot multiple times. He was involved in pursuing a fleeing suspect believed to have felony warrants. EMS personnel have requested the air ambulance for the officer, dispatch just radioed to area units that a suspect in down nearby as well. Dispatcher stated that the 911 caller reports that six people are holding the suspect down and applying pressure to his wounds as well.

At least two Seminole PD units along with Gaines Co. units are en route to assist Seagraves PD, The Seagraves PD Chief has asked dispatch to contact the Texas Rangers.

Please keep these folks in your prayers.

Edited the topic, update in post below.
Last edited by G.A. Heath on Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

mojo84
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Developing Situation in Seagraves Tx.

Post by mojo84 »

G.A. Heath wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:36 pm Seagraves Texas, Coming in on the scanner right now (I just turned it on as this broke loose):

An officer, I believe to be with Seagraves PD, reported that he has been shot multiple times. He was involved in pursuing a fleeing suspect believed to have felony warrants. EMS personnel have requested the air ambulance for the officer, dispatch just radioed to area units that a suspect in down nearby as well. Dispatcher stated that the 911 caller reports that six people are holding the suspect down and applying pressure to his wounds as well.

At least two Seminole PD units along with Gaines Co. units are en route to assist Seagraves PD, The Seagraves PD Chief has asked dispatch to contact the Texas Rangers.

Very thankful the officer is still alive and there are citizens helping. Hope he recovers fully.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 1

Post by WildBill »

G.A. Heath wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:36 pm Seagraves Texas, Coming in on the scanner right now (I just turned it on as this broke loose):

:iagree:
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 2

Post by G.A. Heath »

According to the news the officer and the suspect are in stable condition. The hospital in Lubbock did go into lockdown to keep visitors out due to the large number of people from Seagraves going to visit.

Both the officer and suspect were transported by ground because the air ambulance service was grounded due to weather conditions in the area.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Return to “The Crime Blotter”