CA: ATF and police raid home and seize 1000 guns and lots of rounds of ammunition

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 3

CA: ATF and police raid home and seize 1000 guns and lots of rounds of ammunition

Post by philip964 »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/08/us/massi ... index.html

I guess we would consider a good start.

Selling assault weapons and 50cal rifles was the charge.
But no pictures of those weapons.

A lot of deaths in America each year from 50 cal rifles. Sarcasm now off.

Skooter
Posts in topic: 1

Re: CA: ATF and police raid home and seize 1000 guns and lots of rounds of ammunition

Post by Skooter »

California go figure..... :rules:
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Re: CA: ATF and police raid home and seize 1000 guns and lots of rounds of ammunition

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

A report that I read said the total was 1200 firearms and 7 tons of ammo.

Can you imagine how many LEO hours will be burned up just inputting the serial numbers to a database, and probably having to contact some owners if they turn up stolen? I'm glad that's not my job. Of course the LEO's will have to find some storage space also. Wow.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

I am pretty certain they were outlawed in CA but not so much by federal government. So why was ATF involved? Wouldn’t this be a state charge and not federal?
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://time.com/5586305/los-angeles-man ... ns-seized/

Time Magazine salivating over gun seizure.

Aerial photograph shows a lot of guns.

Maybe someone can explain why legal guns are being seized. Said civil war weapons. Said many collector guns, obviously not being treated very carefully.

4am raid at a mansion near Playboy mansion.

Warrant based on a tip. One of those anonymous tips? Selling guns not allowed by his license. So if your rich you sell guns to make money?
Last edited by philip964 on Thu May 09, 2019 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rotor

Post by rotor »

Even if everything was legal he will NOT get all of his guns back.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

California style gun confiscation- coming soon to your state if the lefties win
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

philip964 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:54 pm http://time.com/5586305/los-angeles-man ... ns-seized/

Time Magazine salivating over gun seizure.

Aerial photograph shows a lot of guns.

Maybe someone can explain why legal guns are being seized. Said civil war weapons. Said many collector guns, obviously not being treated very carefully.

4am raid at a mansion near Playboy mansion.

Warrant based on a tip. One of those anonymous tips? Selling guns not allowed by his license. So if your rich you sell guns to make money?
He may have a collector's FFL license. If I understand correctly, if he was shipping/receiving directly from/to his address anything but the collectable firearms then he'd be in violation of his license. If he was selling many non-collectable firearms, even without shipping, the ATF may have decided he was acting as a dealer.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:17 pm A report that I read said the total was 1200 firearms and 7 tons of ammo.

Can you imagine how many LEO hours will be burned up just inputting the serial numbers to a database, and probably having to contact some owners if they turn up stolen? I'm glad that's not my job. Of course the LEO's will have to find some storage space also. Wow.

SIA
I originally had that in my first post. I read the story again and found that they were talking about the previous record gun seizure in 2010 which was 1200 guns and 7 tons of ammunition. The homeowner was also found dead outside in his SUV, which was also strange.

This seizure didn’t break the record. Apparently liberals track gun seizures for fun and note records.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”