El Paso Walmart Shooting

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 6

Re: El Paso Walmart Shooting

Post by Grayling813 »

Dear Mexican government,
I consider it an act of terrorism every time you allow your citizens or those of other countries to illegally cross into the United States. It is an act of war every time your citizens transport illegal drugs across the border.
I don't think you want to go there.

jb2012
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jb2012 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:54 pm I also posted this in the "Dayton" thread, but this is a freaky coincidence. On the left, the Gilroy shooter. On the right p, the El Paso shooter.:

18C74750-FA2A-4806-A8FB-02AF85F51277.png

I’m not trying to suggest a connection, but this is weird.
Looks like a couple of mom’s basement, neck sweaty, mouth breathers, upset over a dungeons and dragons game.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Oldgringo »

Oldgringo wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:48 am
Greybeard wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:46 am Quote: "I've been in Walmarts all over Texars and have never seen a TABC blue sign." Then you have not been to the stores in Lewisville and Highland Village. And/or have not paid much attention in the foyers.
Correct on al counts. I'll look around the next time I go to WALMART.
I was in the big Walmart on 110 in Tyler today and saw NO TABC sign at the entrance.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Liberty »

LDP wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:55 pm
philip964 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:24 pm https://news.yahoo.com/mexico-pursue-le ... 10109.html

Mexico legal action, 7 citizens murdered.
“We consider this an act of terrorism against the Mexican American community and Mexican nationals in the United States,” Ebrard told reporters.
A) What about act of terrorism against all customers present on location?
B) This was not an act of terrorism against Mexico, per the shooter's note, but against all Hispanics.
C) How many Mexican nationals die every day from Mexican drug wars, drug use and other Mexican violence? But nobody's causing ruckus over that.
Theatrical much?

In the end, innocent people died, for no good reason. And the perpetrator is still alive, for no good reason.
Crime happened on this soil and the actor will be judged and punished on this soil as well, by law.

We will see many try to abuse this tragedy to push their own agenda, this is just the beginning.
At least we do something about it. How many times have American been killed by drug lords, and nobody ever gets charged. We caught the guy and it's pretty certain he will be executed.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WTR »

I was in a WalMart on the West side of El Paso this morning and noticed no signs. There was a guy roaming the parking lot and looking you over as you walked in.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Oldgringo wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:48 pm Hypothetical test question: You're legally carrying, with your SO on a shopping outing, and you hear gunfire within the store, what do you THINK you would do?
What would I do? I dunno', a lot would depend on the location of the first responders, who I was with and where the shooter/s were.

1. The first responders wouldn't know me from a bad guy.
2. My first responsibility is to my family.
3. Where is/are the shooters located in relation to innocents?

I honestly don't know what I would do.

Your responses to this hypothetical question are appreciated. Goodnight, and good luck.

Terry
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Terry »

1. The first responders wouldn't know me from a bad guy. 

This is really scary and honestly it would probably determine my actions barring protecting my family or myself from the shooter.

DEB
Posts in topic: 3

Post by DEB »

joe817 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:08 pm
carlson1 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:48 pm
imkopaka wrote: I have the guidance of the Holy Spirit and the objective truth of the Gospel to tell me when my actions or thoughts are wrong (which they all too frequently are).
This is the difference.
Carl, that is THE difference. The moral of the teachings of the Gospel is what is lacking in these lost souls.
These are the best posts of all. What has changed in America? From when one could order guns, including Machineguns from a Magazine to be delivered to your door, carry firearms to schools as a child, go hunting and shooting on one's own to now? I submit it is the lack of the JudeoChristian values that once guided America as the social norm, now all is in a flux, nothing is sure, including one's own Religion, it is all being controlled by the State and the State is forever hungry.
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

imkopaka
Posts in topic: 12

Post by imkopaka »

Oldgringo wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:59 pm
Greybeard wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:46 am Quote: "I've been in Walmarts all over Texars and have never seen a TABC blue sign." Then you have not been to the stores in Lewisville and Highland Village. And/or have not paid much attention in the foyers.
I was in the big Walmart on 110 in Tyler today and saw NO TABC sign at the entrance.
Then either they are not posting the legally required signs, or you missed it. TABC website says that location has a blue gun sign. See screenshot below:

They should have the following sign posted in English and Spanish:

Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Carry gun: Springfield XD Tactical .45

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 1

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Its there, right hand side down low, on the inside of the sliders.

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

TylerWalmart.jpg
'Outdoor Living' entrance of the mentioned Walmart. WM doesn't use the standard TABC 'Blue' you see most places, they use a low key black & white sign. Easy to miss.....
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

imkopaka wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:05 pm
Then either they are not posting the legally required signs, or you missed it. TABC website says that location has a blue gun sign. See screenshot below:

They should have the following sign posted in English and Spanish:

Hmmm, since it doesn't apply to me, I may have just ignored it, you reckon? :headscratch

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

Terry wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:24 pm 1. The first responders wouldn't know me from a bad guy. 

This is really scary and honestly it would probably determine my actions barring protecting my family or myself from the shooter.
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

This is the number one reason for caution and thinking as an LTC holder. I will do everything I can to save the innocent from violent psychopaths. But a good guy in Alabama was shot by LEO because they didn't know he was chasing the shooter.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

jb2012
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jb2012 »

Lynyrd wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:04 pm
Terry wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:24 pm 1. The first responders wouldn't know me from a bad guy. 

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

This is the number one reason for caution and thinking as an LTC holder. I will do everything I can to save the innocent from violent psychopaths. But a good guy in Alabama was shot by LEO because they didn't know he was chasing the shooter.
That’s definitely not the only time, and definitely not the last time that will happen. It’s a risk that we take every time we carry. Notifying the authorities of your location, physical discription, and full cooperation upon arrival can mitigate much of this risk.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”